• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

AP1209

Mouseketeer
How would you feel if alcohol was served with dinner at most table service restaurants in the Magic Kingdom (excluding Crystal Palace and CRT)?

="minnie mum, post: 55024814, member: 356138"]I wouldn't like it at all. Wait had very strong feelings that DL be alcohol free (club 33 notwithstanding). That policy was carried over to MK when it opened. I see no reason to expand alcohol sales further than BOG.[/QUOTE]

I'm mixed on the issue. While I agree that people shouldn't be walking around with beers at the Magic Kingdom I feel like people having a drink with their dinner would be okay. I feel like as long as they don't have any issues with intoxicated people coming out of BOG, we could be headed that way.

I wouldn't like it at all. Wait had very strong feelings that DL be alcohol free (club 33 notwithstanding). That policy was carried over to MK when it opened. I see no reason to expand alcohol sales further than BOG.

I agree. I certainly enjoy having a few drinks (we do enjoy World Showcase quite a bit), but I always liked that MK was alcohol free and I'm still not a fan of the service at BOG.

Mixed feelings. I enjoyed my one Belgium Beer with dinner at BOG (and would likewise enjoy a Kingfisher or something else unique at Skippers) but watched at BOG as the young father at the table next to me lined up 3 empties within 30 mins. As his kids went wild & he took a liquid break. A one or max 2 drink limit for beer & wine should be clearly printed in the menu and actually enforced. Otherwise, it gets out of hand.

At dinner? I would love it. I understand why Walt wants DL to be alcohol free back then, but honestly, I wonder if his minset woudl have changed as time moved along. WE all quote him, but one of his quotes was something about constantly looking ahead and making changes.

I like a glass of wine with dinner and I believe others do as well. I would support not having open kiosked hawking booze along Main Street, but in a restaurant under the watchful eyes of servers? No problem for me.

In my opinion, if someone is set on having alcohol in any park, they will get it in there. That is what I would worry about, not a $15 glass of wine.

There really is no reason to have alcohol in the MK. There are plenty of other places in WDW to enjoy a drink.

Walt's vision was to have no drinks in the MK's . Doesn't seem to be a big thing to honor hat policy.

AKK

Do you ever wonder if Walt would have made changes as time moved along? I do. I don't need alcohol ever, but I do like a glass of wine during meals. I don't avoid a restaurant that does not serve wine.

I do not understand using a vision from years ago to validate an opinion. I think opinions can stand in their own, and it is okay to have one just because you like things the way they are now. I don't mind some changes and abhor others. This one I would like. Charging for fast passes I would abhor, no matter walts vision or equal access

I think "keeping things as they always were" is actually in contradiction to what was intended for the parks.

0t8cYJO.jpg

In my opinion, kiosks would not fit into the landscape of the MK, but I would support TS restaurants (including CP & CRT) serving alcohol. I've never seen anyone stumbling around intoxicated because they had a glass of wine at BOG... but then, I've never seen the "Epcot Drunks," either, and I've been there on plenty of weekend nights during F&W.

Do you ever wonder if Walt would have made changes as time moved along? I do. I don't need alcohol ever, but I do like a glass of wine during meals. I don't avoid a restaurant that does not serve wine.

I do not understand using a vision from years ago to validate an opinion. I think opinions can stand in their own, and it is okay to have one just because you like things the way they are now. I don't mind some changes and abhor others. This one I would like. Charging for fast passes I would abhor, no matter Walt's vision or equal access

But Nancy in the name way.............how do you know he would not have changed his mind?....how can you validate a opinion today by saying the vision would have changed?

There are plenty of places all over WDW to enjoy a drink...and we do. Why do you say it should be in the MK as well! Look at the problems in Epcot..................why take the change of it developing at the MK as well!

I would also point out that since they have not added drinks to the Skippers Canteen, I think they are not doing well selling drinks at BOG.

I just don't see any reason to have drinks in the MK.

AKK

But Nancy in the name way.............how do you know he would not have changed his mind?....how can you validate a opinion today by saying the vision would have changed?

There are plenty of places all over WDW to enjoy a drink...and we do. Why do you say it should be in the MK as well! Look at the problems in Epcot..................why take the change of it developing at the MK as well!

I would also point out that since they have not added drinks to the Skippers Canteen, I think they are not doing well selling drinks at BOG.

I just don't see any reason to have drinks in the MK.

AKK

I don't know. No one does, that is why I think the argument is nt valid. I respet that a lot of people like the MK alcohol free. On it's own, that is a fine reason to keep the park alcohol free. I also don't know if BOG is doing okay in regards to alcohol sales. i am way too cheap to order more than one glass of wine in Disney, but I wont pay the price asked in any theme park or arena, so I am not the one to measure this.

Personally, I have not seen the Epcot issues that are reported, but I believe they ae occurring, and for that reason, I would not advocate alcohol sales anywhere else but in the MK restaurants. I guess in restaurants like Tony's where I would traditionally enjoy a glass of chianti with dinner, I would enjoy the addition. And honestly, by the end of some MK days, a glass of wine would be really welcomed! LOL!

I don't know. No one does, that is why I think the argument is nt valid. I respet that a lot of people like the MK alcohol free. On it's own, that is a fine reason to keep the park alcohol free. I also don't know if BOG is doing okay in regards to alcohol sales. i am way too cheap to order more than one glass of wine in Disney, but I wont pay the price asked in any theme park or arena, so I am not the one to measure this.

Personally, I have not seen the Epcot issues that are reported, but I believe they ae occurring, and for that reason, I would not advocate alcohol sales anywhere else but in the MK restaurants. I guess in restaurants like Tony's where I would traditionally enjoy a glass of chianti with dinner, I would enjoy the addition. And honestly, by the end of some MK days, a glass of wine would be really welcomed! LOL!

Well my friend we will just have to agree......to disagree!

After all the forums would not be any fun if we all agreed!

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter