Alcohol with a QS credit

DomFromPhilly

Mouseketeer
If we have young adults in our room (teenagers), can we use their credits to get alcohol? In other words, if I just go and pick up me and my wife’s lunch and get to alcoholic beverages, then later in the afternoon, we pick up a couple more meals, can we get alcohol with them?

I guess my question is: is the over-21 tied to the person in the room’s age (like, Disney know that half of our meals shouldn’t come with alcohol) or is it tied to the age of the person standing there purchasing?

If we have young adults in our room (teenagers), can we use their credits to get alcohol? In other words, if I just go and pick up me and my wife’s lunch and get to alcoholic beverages, then later in the afternoon, we pick up a couple more meals, can we get alcohol with them?

I guess my question is: is the over-21 tied to the person in the room’s age (like, Disney know that half of our meals shouldn’t come with alcohol) or is it tied to the age of the person standing there purchasing?

Yes, Disney knows which QS credits come with alcohol

OP, I would have thought that exactly the plan you mentioned would work. All the regular QS meal credits are pooled (since you mention they are teenagers, so these are not kids meals), so I assume for alcoholic drinks, you would not be able to exceed the number of 21+ adults in your group, but in the scenario you describe, I would think you could essentially get two meals at one place, then two meals at another place, and end up with 4 alcoholic beverages, if you wanted.

Does anyone at Place #2 actually see what drinks you got at Place #1? Hard to imagine they'd care; it's just a QS meal credit or it's not, right?

What am I missing?

I would not expect it to work if you tried to get 3 QS meals with an alcoholic drink at a single place, with only two 21+ adults in your group, but that is not what you proposed.

We are going this summer with the QS dining plan and still trying to learn.

We don't drink much, but our one "plan" since our kids are 13, 10 and 6, is to not always use 4 adult meals and 1 kids meal, but mix it depending on what the kids are interested to eat, e.g. at different places it might be:
  • 5 adult meals (no kids meal);
  • 4 adult meals (no kids meal);
  • 3 adult meals and 2 kids meals; or even
  • 2 adult meals and 3 kids meals.
I think that will work, since the credits are pooled - we just average 8 regular QS meals and 2 kids meals per day for our party, but it doesn't mean we have to use exactly that every day, right? I assume no one will care if the 13 year old eats a kids meal once or twice?

OP, I would have thought that exactly the plan you mentioned would work. All the regular QS meal credits are pooled (since you mention they are teenagers, so these are not kids meals), so I assume for alcoholic drinks, you would not be able to exceed the number of 21+ adults in your group, but in the scenario you describe, I would think you could essentially get two meals at one place, then two meals at another place, and end up with 4 alcoholic beverages, if you wanted.

Does anyone at Place #2 actually see what drinks you got at Place #1? Hard to imagine they'd care; it's just a QS meal credit or it's not, right?

What am I missing?

I would not expect it to work if you tried to get 3 QS meals with an alcoholic drink at a single place, with only two 21+ adults in your group, but that is not what you proposed.

We are going this summer with the QS dining plan and still trying to learn.

We don't drink much, but our one "plan" since our kids are 13, 10 and 6, is to not always use 4 adult meals and 1 kids meal, but mix it depending on what the kids are interested to eat, e.g. at different places it might be:
  • 5 adult meals (no kids meal);
  • 4 adult meals (no kids meal);
  • 3 adult meals and 2 kids meals; or even
  • 2 adult meals and 3 kids meals.
I think that will work, since the credits are pooled - we just average 8 regular QS meals and 2 kids meals per day for our party, but it doesn't mean we have to use exactly that every day, right? I assume no one will care if the 13 year old eats a kids meal once or twice?
I agree with you. I think in the scenario described, you would be able to get alcohol with each purchase.

I would think you could! You would just need an ID when picking up. This all makes sense to me because the teens could use their refillable mug for their drinks.

Haven’t been to WDW since before COVID. I didn’t even know that you could get alcohol with QS credits. When did this start?

My party is 3 people over 21, one person is 18 years old. I was assuming that anytime I don't order 4 meals at once, I'd be able to order the included drink with alcohol. Also, I guess that it would have to ordered from one of accounts of the people 21+ years old. I'm just going to try it and if some point I become ineligible to include a drink with alcohol with my QS, I'll just pay for it OOP if I want it. Unless there is a requirement to assign meals to people, it seems like it would work.

The credits are pooled right? I have a party of 4 people - that's 8 QS per day, and it doesn't matter if I eat one meal and my son eats 3 meals per day. The price is the same for alcohol/no alcohol So, as long as we aren't giving alcohol to the 18 year old, it should be okay.

If anyone figures out the definitive answer, please post.

My party is 3 people over 21, one person is 18 years old. I was assuming that anytime I don't order 4 meals at once, I'd be able to order the included drink with alcohol. Also, I guess that it would have to ordered from one of accounts of the people 21+ years old. I'm just going to try it and if some point I become ineligible to include a drink with alcohol with my QS, I'll just pay for it OOP if I want it. Unless there is a requirement to assign meals to people, it seems like it would work.

The credits are pooled right? I have a party of 4 people - that's 8 QS per day, and it doesn't matter if I eat one meal and my son eats 3 meals per day. The price is the same for alcohol/no alcohol So, as long as we aren't giving alcohol to the 18 year old, it should be okay.

If anyone figures out the definitive answer, please post.
Yes you can get alcohol with every meal with anyones meal credit that is 10 years of age or older since they are considered adults on the disney dining plan. All those credits are pooled together. However, the person picking up the food needs to be 21 and over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter