Alcohol

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
How is everyone getting their alcohol now that deliveries can't be left with bell services? We don't rent a car and typically use a car service. We don't check our bags. Do you have your car service do a grocery stop (and if so, what car service is best for this). Do you place an order (who do you use?) and meet the delivery person? Garden Grocer is telling me they will deliver to our resort (Riviera) between 12-4 and give us a 1-hour window within that. That's just right in the middle of the day and I hate to have to wait around then. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

How is everyone getting their alcohol now that deliveries can't be left with bell services? We don't rent a car and typically use a car service. We don't check our bags. Do you have your car service do a grocery stop (and if so, what car service is best for this). Do you place an order (who do you use?) and meet the delivery person? Garden Grocer is telling me they will deliver to our resort (Riviera) between 12-4 and give us a 1-hour window within that. That's just right in the middle of the day and I hate to have to wait around then. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
You may want to check with Walmart

You can schedule it for early in the morning and several days in advance and you pick the one hour window. The sooner you book the more options you will have for the time window.

I've not tried this at Disney, but I assume they do it.
I've always planned to do it, but for various reasons did not.

Just playing with it I could have a bottle of vodka delivered tomorrow between 8 and 9 AM or between 9-10PM.
If you spend 35$ or have Walmart+ I think its free to ship.

I use Walmart Delivery and meet the driver. I schedule a one hour window. You will get a notification when they are on their way. I've also used Instacart and it works the same way (Walmart is just cheaper). I've done this for years. Hope this helps!

We also use Walmart with the 1 hour delivery window. Having said that, we no longer go to the parks on arrival day. We usually get to our resort around 3 and with the ticket prices where they are now, we don't feel it's cost effective to use them for a half day or less. We spend that day enjoying the resort.

Thank you all so much! I looked at the Walmart delivery website and it will be perfect!

If for whatever reason it doesn’t work for your time, or you don’t want to rely on the nature of delivery drivers, we used FL Tours to drive us from the airport. Made a quick stop, which included for alcohol. The stop is a free option to select when booking on their website. That way I was able to grab exactly what I wanted, and when there was no availability of my first choice, I was able to pivot to a known backup.

Last resort although more expensive you can take an Uber. To the target west of WDW (forget the name of the area)

We also use Walmart with the 1 hour delivery window. Having said that, we no longer go to the parks on arrival day. We usually get to our resort around 3 and with the ticket prices where they are now, we don't feel it's cost effective to use them for a half day or less. We spend that day enjoying the resort.
Is there a certain Walmart to choose or does it automatically show up in the app?

In Florida, for Walmart carry “real” liquor like a state liquor store carries in other states or is it lower proof?

In Florida, for Walmart carry “real” liquor like a state liquor store carries in other states or is it lower proof?
Walmart and other grocery stores have a “separate” liquor store. Generally speaking it’s a separate entrance next door to the main entrance or a separate building a few steps away. So I would assume it meets your definition of real liquor.

We usually get to our resort around 3 and with the ticket prices where they are now, we don't feel it's cost effective to use them for a half day or less. We spend that day enjoying the resort.
I agree...for the most part.

For me it comes down to how many days I am going, once you get to the 5 days plus the price is drastically reduced per day so if MK is open to 11PM then it makes sense to add a day. Similar on checkout day...can get a half day or so and cost is $20 Ill usually do it.

Of course if you want to rest and enjoy the resort then save the $20 no doubt.
Yeah - its Tito's 40% Vodka for example - I've never seen a lower proof version other than flavored vodkas.

They even show 92 and 100 proof rums.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter