Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club, I think I need to make an ADR

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
I am salivating over their menu. Especially this:

Brick' Lemon-Herb Half Chicken
Duck Fat-roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Broccolini, Sautéed Wild Mushroom, and Pan Jus

I was only just introduced to broccolini a couple of years ago, I never knew I needed it my life until I tried it. Now I see it all over Disney menus.

If you have ever eaten at Ale and Compass, how is it?

Lots of positive reviews on Ale & Compass. Definitely get an ADR, we were at DW last week & have another stay in April. Most table service restaurants get filled because of the limited capacity & not all restaurants are open. So you can’t get walk up as easily as you used to. Also, some table service places are doing take out. If you can’t get an adr & are staying at Yacht or Beach, or close, you can mobile order & take the meal back to the room. We did that one night & it worked well.

We really like Ale & Compass - for both breakfast and lunch/dinner. The atmosphere isn't anything super special but the food is very good. I think they may have one of the best burgers on property.

Edit - A&C not currently open for lunch ... breakfast and dinner only

Last edited:

I've been checking MDE pretty regularly, because we are staying at the Yacht Club in June. It's rare that I haven't seen something available at Ale and Compass in the time frames I was looking for a couple of days out, frequently even day of. Just experimenting before my ADR day to see what I need to go for first!

We ate there for the first time about 4 years ago and absolutely loved it! We now try to get back at least once a trip. The atmosphere is nice (nothing spectacular) but the food and service have always been a home run.

in 2019, I wanted to eat at the Yachtsman, but couldn't get an ADR, so I "settled" for Ale & Compass. I've been back 6 times; including breakfast and dinner. I still haven't been to Yachtsman. Ale & Compass has exceeded all expectations.

Had breakfast twice at Ale & Compass back in February. We absolutely loved it -- was one of our favorite meals of the entire trip. Such a nice atmosphere as well. The blueberry bacon pancakes are really great.

They also do to-go orders, at least they did the last time we were there!

Ate there 2 weeks ago for the first time. It was a good and I definitely would return. But it was not a total wow for me like Topolinos was.

Ale & Compass is wonderful. Food and service are alway quite good. It’s one of the few non-signature table service restaurants I go to on a regular basis.

If you have ever eaten at Ale and Compass, how is it?

For the most part, decent. I wasn't that impressed with the Parker House Rolls. (especially the bacon jam). I tried the seafood pot pie at the recommendation of my server and it was pretty good. It was more like a stew with a bread topper, so not a true pot pie in that sense. The lobster corn chowder was good. The chocolate cake dessert I wasn't impressed with.

However, the maple old fashioned was...well, I had two of those.

There have been no ADR availability for the dates I am going, so I figured I would just get take-out and bring it back to my room at AKV. Today, I was running errands, I pulled into a store parking lot and something told me to pull the MDE app up on my phone. I clicked "check dining availability, I put in the date I will be at Epoct and too search for dinner. The very 1st available restaurant was Ale and Compass for 7:25pm!!! I grabbed it right up. :dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter