Ale & Compass breakfast?

Dis Dragon

Rawwwwr
Looking for some feedback on A&C for breakfast, let me know if you loved it or hated it... It works well into our plans but something about it is off putting, can’t really put my finger on it.

Thanks,

Our family is severely affected by my smoked salmon addiction so anywhere we eat breakfast where I don't pine over some forgotten memory of my last bagel, lox and schmear is a successful breakfast.

Ale & Compass didn't disappoint.

We absolutely LOVED it! We ate there for Christmas brunch in 2018, mainly because we were staying at the BC and thought it would be convenient. But the food and service were wonderful, and they have an option of adding on a pared down but excellent quality buffet to your entree. The only negative was that they were running behind on reservations, so we weren't actually seated until about 35 minutes past our reservation time (and we arrived 15 minutes early, ugh). But I don't necessarily fault the restaurant for that, because I noticed that people were really taking their time and lingering at the tables, probably because it was Christmas morning. We have it booked for Christmas brunch again this year!

It's wonderful. Very good quality and you can either get the entrees by themselves or the entrees and the continental buffet. The shrimp and grits was unbelievable and a huge portion. We did not eat lunch the day we had breakfast here, we were still full.

I like A & C for breakfast. I don’t think it has ever been very crowded when I have been there for breakfast and the service and food have been quite good. I recommend the dark chocolate waffles, the kind of decadent over the top meal I would only eat on vacation.

While we didn’t eat breakfast, we loved this restaurant last week! So much that we canceled our ADR to eat again on the last night.

We ate breakfast there last May and it was really good. We both added on the buffet to our meal and it was worth it. Lots of fruit and cheese, plus meats and pastries.

This is all good to know, as I am hoping to do this breakfast as our choice for Candlelight Procession next year. I was happy to see a pressed pot of coffee, which I love!

Thanks all for the input, we couldn't get into Trattoria so this was the fallback. I'm excited to give it a try now!

FYI, you can walk-up for a non-character, a la carte breakfast at Trattoria. We just did this in August. The food is good (though I prefer A&C), but the service was a bit slow. Just wanted to give you the info if Trattoria would be more convenient for you.

FYI, you can walk-up for a non-character, a la carte breakfast at Trattoria. We just did this in August. The food is good (though I prefer A&C), but the service was a bit slow. Just wanted to give you the info if Trattoria would be more convenient for you.
So how does this work? We’ve been for the character meal, is there an anti character area?

So how does this work? We’ve been for the character meal, is there an anti character area?
They seat you in the smaller tavern room at the back of the restaurant (actually the far end relative to the check in desk) or at an outside table if you prefer and the weather cooperates.

A&C is one of our go-to restaurants for breakfast even when it was Captain's Grille. We used to do the breakfast buffet before it became A&C but the breakfast buffet is now a slightly limited buffet plus entree which is way too much food for me. There are some things on the menu that carried over from Captain's Grille like the caramel apple french toast and chocolate waffles (delicious but a bit rich for the morning for me). It's usually not too terribly busy, we think the food is good and the atmosphere is nice and quiet which is just what I need before the coffee kicks in.

I've had breakfast twice here now, and it's one of my favorites! The food is excellent, and it's great you don't have to commit to the buffet portion unless you want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter