Ale & Compass Opinions

tuckymom

Mouseketeer
OUR ADR comes open late next week (yay!) and a lot of favs and usual dining experiences (Ohana, Chef le France) are not offered. With less park hours and more open time at night, we would prefer to not travel to Disney Springs. Saw Ale & Compass was open and taking reservations.

Just curious as to what everyone's opinions are We have 5 adults (3 adventurous eats and 2 not as well as a 3 year old)

Frankly, my last experience at Ale and Compass (my only one since the name change) was a one and done for me. I went for breakfast and ordered an omelet with a side of fruit. Well, the side of fruit consisted of one thin slice of orange and two blueberries. That's all! Then when my server came with my cup of tea, she left so fast, I had no time to tell her that she hadn't brought milk and sugar. I finally had to flag down another server because she never returned. So I can't recommend it.

We love it and try to stop by at least once a trip for breakfast or lunch. We like the salted caramel apple French toast for breakfast and plant based burger at lunch (best burger on property imo)

OUR ADR comes open late next week (yay!) and a lot of favs and usual dining experiences (Ohana, Chef le France) are not offered. With less park hours and more open time at night, we would prefer to not travel to Disney Springs. Saw Ale & Compass was open and taking reservations.

Just curious as to what everyone's opinions are We have 5 adults (3 adventurous eats and 2 not as well as a 3 year old)

A&C might be a very different experience after re-opening, so I’m not sure my review is worthwhile. But here goes: I’ve eaten there multiple times. The food itself was good, delicious even at times. Service each time was slow, sometimes painfully slow. On my last visit, service was abysmal, and I never received my order (long story which I’ll skip here). Because of that disaster, I’ve sworn off A&C for awhile.

If you’re in the area, it’s probably worth a try. I wouldn’t recommend making a special trip to eat there. But, as always, YMMV.

I thought the food was good but service was slow for us as well. It wasn't very crowded, maybe that was why.

We have had lunch twice, never a problem, decent food, salad and burgers, service was slow but not painful slow. We were not in any hurry to go anywhere

I thought the food was good but service was slow for us as well. It wasn't very crowded, maybe that was why.
Wouldn't less crowded mean faster service unless the staff was seriously reduced as well. At least the kitchen should be faster with less orders.

It was pretty empty. It was aggravatingly slow.
I can understand your frustration. Nothing is worse than slow service when you see an empty restaurant around you.

Maybe we're better when it's busy since Disney tries to rush you through then. It is easier to resist fast service than to deal with slow service.

I have never been

Oh my gosh! Dark chocolate waffles for breakfast? Absolutely!!! Nothing like having not-too-sweet decadent breakfast brownies. Seriously, so good...and great value comparatively to other breakfasts when you have access to the buffet add-on option (seems to be gone from the current menu, probably due to COVID). Hubby and I order the dark chocolate waffles and a savoury egg breakfast to share - best of both worlds! Yum, yum!

Sorry, unable to comment on lunch or dinner.

We went for dinner once and I loved it! I enjoyed the atmosphere and the beef dish. I’d go back again.

My family loves Ale & Compass. We had planned to eat there our first night this past trip but it wasn't yet open. Last time we were there (2018) I had the chicken and waffles, my son had a steak, and we loved our meals. It isn't crowded, I love the location...one of my favorite restaurants in WDW.

My family loves Ale & Compass. We had planned to eat there our first night this past trip but it wasn't yet open. Last time we were there (2018) I had the chicken and waffles, my son had a steak, and we loved our meals. It isn't crowded, I love the location...one of my favorite restaurants in WDW.

No chicken and waffles right now with the reduced menu. Just in case anyone's going soon.

We had a lovely lunch there last summer. The Parker House rolls were a nice treat and we enjoyed the rest of our meal as well.

We eat here almost every vacation. It has something for everyone in our family, vegan, vegetarian and meat eater/seafood lover. Service can be slow, but we never notice or mind, as dining to us is an event and a time to chat and catch up on the day's events. The food is always delicious. We have always had good service as well, including a very sweet server making my daughter's 21st birthday first glass of wine with dinner very special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter