Ale & Compass or nah?

bsb

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I have been seeing some mixed reviews for Ale & Compass, has anyone been there recently? Is it decent and a fun atmosphere? I picked this for a girls night dinner but now I am second guessing myself. We are staying at Beach Club so I thought it would be easy after a day at Animal Kingdom. We do have park hoppers so we could potentially go into Epcot but I am wondering if it is worth it after a long day. Any thoughts on this? Thank you in advance for any input!

I thought it was decent when we went sometime in the last year but my husband said he wasn’t interested in going back as he found the food was bland. In other words not well seasoned. However, we are from south Louisiana and like our seafood spicy so take it with a grain of salt so to speak.

Last edited:
Reactions: bsb
I say YAY. It was good. The something-house rolls (Parker?) app is sooooo yummy. They have a great wine list and cocktail list. I had fish of the day that was sooooooo good. And the seafood pot pie my DH and DD got was also yummo. They aren't too busy. It's nice. I'd pick it for a ladies night. Another DD got the pappardelle pasta and it was odd, very earthy if you like that.

Food was decent at breakfast but I wouldn't describe it as fun. It's a basic, hotel lobby restaurant IMO. Interior is very pretty and slightly swanky, thanks to the fairly recent refurb, but it's not any different than a hotel lobby restaurant at the Marriott or Hilton. It'd be relaxing, quiet, and a nice way to wind down a busy day I think!

After a day in the parks, esp if I'm going when it's hot, I don't want fun - I just want a waiter and good food so I'd be fine with Ale & Compass ;)

We had a nice lunch there this past weekend. It was very quiet mid-afternoon.
Epcot is such a close walk if you are interested in any restaurants on that side of the World Showcase.

Food is solid and underrated, but if you want a fun dinner environment head over to Biergarten. If you want a nice dinner I wouldn't hesitate to book it.

Food was decent at breakfast but I wouldn't describe it as fun. It's a basic, hotel lobby restaurant IMO. Interior is very pretty and slightly swanky, thanks to the fairly recent refurb, but it's not any different than a hotel lobby restaurant at the Marriott or Hilton. It'd be relaxing, quiet, and a nice way to wind down a busy day I think!

After a day in the parks, esp if I'm going when it's hot, I don't want fun - I just want a waiter and good food so I'd be fine with Ale & Compass ;)
Yeah. Our breakfast was nice and adult for a change. No characters. No kids running around the tables. It was a pleasant meal.

We eat here quite often. The food is good, the atmosphere is quiet and nice (love the refurb). We always eat here when we stay at BC, as like you said, it's convenient and easy after a long day at the parks. As for fun, it's not that. But if your company is fun, you will have fun where ever you eat. We had more "fun" meals at Biergarten and Marrakesh in Epcot.

Another fun place might be Rose and Crown in Epcot and that is quick to get to from Beach Club. DH and I and a couple friends sat at the bar until it closed a couple years ago and had a fun time. But, I still also like Ale and Compass for the tasty food and convenience being that you're staying at BC.

That is good to know. We are leaving the kids with their dad's so a nice relatively kid free dinner is kinda the goal.

I’ve been there twice for breakfast and once for dinner. I think the food is solid (and there was some amazing butter with the bread at dinner we were obsessed with!).

It’s a nice table service option if you’re staying in the BW area. The theming/ambiance isn’t anything special, but it’s quiet and chill compared to many other Disney restaurants!

The atmosphere is what I might describe as "business lunch and senior friendly." In other words, it's a snooze fest. There are far better places to have a girl's night out. Look at the restaurants at Swan & Dolphin. There are some great ones there and also some really cool bars/lounges.

The food was good and they have a few unique items ( like the tater sauce for the fish and chips ) but I would not think it's be good for a girl's night dinner.

If cost isn't a big issue and your party likes seafood, I'd do Todd English Bluezoo. Good cocktails in a cool atmosphere and fun adult drinks. Then you can head to Jellyrolls or one of the bars at Boardwalk for more adult fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter