Alec Baldwin shoots/kills cinematographer and injured director after firing a "prop gun".

He looks terrible and sounds broken. Hilaria isn’t helping. The situation is absolutely heartbreaking.

It's becoming increasing more difficult to feel any compassion for Alec Baldwin. He's smiling as he approaches the paps then snaps at his wife. He wants new regulations regarding guns on sets? Hmmmm... I've heard they ignored safety rules over a few dollars. He's sad and broken but he appears to be more concerned with his on grief and salvaging his own hide. Not a smart move. He should lay low IMO.

Last edited:

He looks terrible and sounds broken. Hilaria isn’t helping. The situation is absolutely heartbreaking.

Yeah, I get that Hilaria is trying to protect him....but she's a lot. Not sure if anyone posted this article, but the NYT is doing a pretty thorough investigation of what went down.....and the producers really cut corners on the insurance that they purchased for the shoot. So....not sure how much coverage they had, but we all know that civil suits will go against the producers as individuals as well.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/28/business/media/alec-baldwin-shooting-rust-producers.html

Yeah, I get that Hilaria is trying to protect him....but she's a lot. Not sure if anyone posted this article, but the NYT is doing a pretty thorough investigation of what went down.....and the producers really cut corners on the insurance that they purchased for the shoot. So....not sure how much coverage they had, but we all know that civil suits will go against the producers as individuals as well.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/28/business/media/alec-baldwin-shooting-rust-producers.html
It's been reported...$1M for injury or death per incident with a $5M umbrella policy.

That is kind of ridiculously low. That's the same coverage we have for auto insurance.

And way lower than I have for my pet-sitting business. They passed on the insurance that is much more....apparently, 2% of the films budget...or about 130K in this instance. Well, what they have is not going to be enough to cover a death like this....and so I'm assuming the estate of this poor woman will go after the individuals. Some of the investors for this pic seemed to have a lot of money, but they're likely in the clear. I would assume Baldwin has money, and then I guess they go after the other producers as well. From what I read about them, it was less clear who had money in that group. The assistant director likely has no dough....nor the young armorer.

I wonder if Baldwin has any of his money hidden overseas. I heard his wife is from Spain.

ha...well, likely not. But, apparently she is trying to "shelter" Alec from the press by "taking him away" to Manchester Vermont. They're "hiding" by going into town shopping with their 6 children...a highly recognizable family. The paparazzi found them within minutes I'm guessing....and has been hounding them ever since. The whole escapade is coming off terribly imo....she gave an interview to the Post saying she's trying to limit PTSD for Alec...which is for sure a thing that he'll likely experience. I'm just wondering how she's helping by heading out into public so they can be hounded. They have an estate in the Hamptons with tons of property...staff at their disposal to bring whatever they need into that house. I don't know...it was probably best to stay home. I'm sure they've gotten advice...to make this about the victim....her making it about Alec isn't helping.

ha...well, likely not. But, apparently she is trying to "shelter" Alec from the press by "taking him away" to Manchester Vermont. They're "hiding" by going into town shopping with their 6 children...a highly recognizable family. The paparazzi found them within minutes I'm guessing....and has been hounding them ever since. The whole escapade is coming off terribly imo....she gave an interview to the Post saying she's trying to limit PTSD for Alec...which is for sure a thing that he'll likely experience. I'm just wondering how she's helping by heading out into public so they can be hounded. They have an estate in the Hamptons with tons of property...staff at their disposal to bring whatever they need into that house. I don't know...it was probably best to stay home. I'm sure they've gotten advice...to make this about the victim....her making it about Alec isn't helping.
Oh, they are loving the attention.

I was taken aback by Alec's obvious disdain for his wife in public. She is an absolute lunatic, that's for sure.

There's very little on what the "accidental discharges" were. It could have meant that blanks were loaded in a firearm where they were informed that there was nothing except dummy bullets.

Just read some info on the previous accidental discharges, they were blanks.
AB's stunt double accidentally fired a blank after being told the gun was cold.
A woman working in the props dept. accidentally shot her foot.

It still stands to reason that with previous accidental discharges, especially after the "cold gun" declaration, that each person handling a firearm on that set should have checked for themselves that it was in fact a cold gun. Knowing that it had happened before on their set each one of the should be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

And seeing AB with his wife is probably just a small glimpse of how he is with the people he works with.

I had read that Hillaria had pretended that she was from Spain but if I remember correctly, she is from Boston? She gave her kids Spanish sounding names but was born in the US and I think that the name that she was given at birth was Hillary? My memory may be wrong on this but I think that someone ratted her out after her last baby??

Hilaria isn't actually from Spain, her parents live there currently (they moved there in 2011) but it's not clear how much time she has actually spent there. Her true name is Hillary Lynn Hayward-Thomas. For some reason, she has been speaking with a Spanish accent, and claiming she is "culturally fluid." Her father is an attorney, but he majored in Spanish literature and made sure his kids were fluent in Spanish.

I had read that Hillaria had pretended that she was from Spain but if I remember correctly, she is from Boston? She gave her kids Spanish sounding names but was born in the US and I think that the name that she was given at birth was Hillary? My memory may be wrong on this but I think that someone ratted her out after her last baby??

In the impromptu interview that Alec Baldwin did, she chimed in a few times and gave no pretense of having a non-American accent.

In the impromptu interview that Alec Baldwin did, she chimed in a few times and gave no pretense of having a non-American accent.

Thats because her charade was blown last year.
Or since her Nationality is fluid she was just a plain old American that day

Anyone see the statement the AD released?
He hopes this prompts the industry to re-evaluates its practices.

Umm hey buddy YOU are the industry. A simple check before yelling cold gun could have easily prevented this tragedy.

She grew up near me. :rolleyes1 The whole Spanish thing is bizarre. She posted Halloween pics of them in costumes this past weekend on her Instagram, signed “the Baldwinitos”. All I could think of was that the cinematographer’s son was probably wishing his Mom was home this Halloween. 😭 Many feel they should just lay low and not be posting that type of thing just yet, the shooting only happened ten days earlier. She seems tone deaf.

If he's not supposed to talk about the investigation, then don't pull the car over to talk about anything relating to the incident. I don't see how that's really going to get the paparazzi to stop following you. "My kids are in the car crying!" Then why are you and Malaria pulling over to feed the vultures?

His advocating for new regulations on guns on sets comes off as though he's just trying to shift blame from himself and his crew. What are new regulations going to do if you're not abiding by the current ones?

She grew up near me. :rolleyes1 The whole Spanish thing is bizarre. She posted Halloween pics of them in costumes this past weekend on her Instagram, signed “the Baldwinitos”. All I could think of was that the cinematographer’s son was probably wishing his Mom was home this Halloween. 😭 Many feel they should just lay low and not be posting that type of thing just yet, the shooting only happened ten days earlier. She seems tone deaf.
Sure. Take your kids trick or treating. But was it necessary for Alec and Hilaria to dress up, smile and post for the world to see? Posting those Halloween photos really seems cringey to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter