• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alfredo's or Mama Melrose?

butterfly8

Mouseketeer
We have never gotten around to trying either of these restaurants and since we only want to eat Italian once during our upcoming trip, which do you prefer? Any suggestions for what to order?

Thanks
Monica

The food at Mama's has more variety and seems to be much fresher prepared than Alfredos.
We have been disappointed twice at Alfredo's with lukewarm entrees and red marinara sauce that is very bland. They seem to push the wine and very expensive entrees and I believe the "normal" dishes suffer.
The decor in the main room at Alfredo's is absolutely beautiful, though.
My advice: eat your main course at Mama's and then skip into Alfredos for dessert and coffee another day. Their desserts are on display and were yummy!!
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Each trip to WDW I am forced, by my fellow travelers to endure yet another bland meal served by snotty waiters at Alfredo's. If you are going to try it--I agree go for dessert only--but be prepared for the service. (I am not going again!)
Take Care--eat at Spoodles! GREAT food!!!
Flo

I do not agree or disagree with any of the above posts. I have eaten at both places ( in Aug of '03) but for different meals. Mamas was for lunch and it was OK, but it's not an experience that's engraved in my mind. I don't even remember what I had!

Alfredos was good for dinner, but I must admit that we were all quite hungry. I do agree about the snotty waiters pushing things that maybe not everyone is in the position to spring for.
However, in the 'classy restaurant sense', this is the better choice.

I think it's what you want from the meal. A fancy dinner or a "tuscany-type villa" meal.

Mama's Does have a varied menu the flatbreads were great
I even went on Thanksgiving one year and had a full turkey dinner ,now I have enjoyed Alfredos also but only have tried the alfredo sauce the deserts are really to die for Try the tiramisu ooooooooohhhhhhh so good I guess if you are into atmosphere I would try alfredos but food was just as good at mama's
There is nothing like bad service to ruin a meal our family has been lucky at both restaurants but others oh boy :crowded:

Thank you so much for all of your quick replies. Sounds like Mama Melrose is the way to go...apparantly many of you were dissapointed by Alfredo's. Good to know before we go- aren't these boards great?

one more vote for Momma, we use that for our fantasmic dinner package every year

Neither - but everyone needs to go to each at least once!

We ate at Alfredo's in July, and it's now my VERY favorite restaurant! The Fettucine Alfredo and the lasagna are super--you can get both in the sampler meal along with gnocchi. My husband had salmon, and we both loved the dessert sampler as well!! Lots of chocolate. Our server was great--not pushy--and the atmosphere was fun! The kids' meal of spaghetti did seem a little bland, but I think that's typical for kids' meals.

I have been to both for dinner and can honestly say I'm tied. I've had great food at both. We tend to go to Mama's more often b/c there are so many other great restaurants in Epcot.

The last time we ate at Alfredo's was several years ago. It was so uninspiring that we''ve never been back. It's also way too pricey for what you get.

Dd and I ate at Alfredo's last Dec and loved it. We had great food and our server was terrific. Yes, I had a little trouble understanding her but she was great. Now....we wanted to share our great experience with dh when we went last month. Bad idea. We had horrible service. A server named Rudy. The manager was always after him for some infraction or lack of attention to diners. Our food was barely 'okay'. Just a bad experience. Looks like we won't be back. Too expensive to have that bad a time.

Haven't tried Mama Melrose's tho. Maybe next time. We are really looking forward to trying Spoodles in Nov.

Obviously, we had a bad experience at Alfredo's also. We had been skipping it every trip, because I usually agree with the Unofficial Guide,and their review was bad back then. I haven't bought one since 2002, so I don't know if it still is. Anyway, we thought the atmosphere was worth giving it a try. I am a person who could eat pasta w/ white sauce every day, so I ordered the Alfredo. I didn't eat 3 bites. This is one pasta dish, that even I wouldn't try again. DH & DS, will eat anything, but not even they finished their meals. On a positive note, we had lots of room left for the dessert sampler. :tongue: We had lunch at MM once, and enjoyed the flatbread. :)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Mama's. We've visited Alfredo's for both lunch and dinner on a few occasions and have not been overly impressed. We enjoyed lunch more, but service was spotty and somewhat cold. Also, Mama's is like a neighborhood trattoria, and really cute.

If you want bad food, bad service, cramped seating and a high bill go to Alfredo's OR if you want excellent italian food, wonderful service, roominess and a bill that won't give you a heart attack, plus the bonus of seeing Fantasmic in reserved seating(Lord knows you do not want to stand an hour on line to see Fantasmic and get horrible seating), definately go with Mama Melrose's. Absolutely wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter