Alfredo's VS Carrabas, Macaroni Grill??

nasmith

DIS Veteran
I'm really trying to try restaurants on this trip that I've never tried before (I'm down to about 5 total in WDW!) - but it's especially difficult knowing that I have to give up a meal at an old favorite in order to do so!
I'm having a hard time dredging up any enthusiasm for L'Original Alfredos in Epcot. I know that it gets rave reviews - but what I want to know is if it is similar to a Carrabas or Macaroni Grill (Both of which I can visit on Non-Disney days) - or is it unique enough to warrant a visit. Thanks!! Jill

It really isn't like either one of those...though more like Macaroni Grill I'd guess. Many don't like Alfredo's because the sauces can be very heavy and rich. But the "show" is excellent and they have good wines.

My DH is Italian and I am a WASP who cooks better Italian than Alfredos. Bland bland bland. What show? We were made to feel like they were doing us a favor by waiting on us.

Our local Macaroni Grill has gone down, but still better food than Alfredos. Maybe we hit it on a bad night.

Alfredo's is one place we may never go back to. The food was only so-so. But, the real problem for us were things like the tables way too close together, a loud and hectic atmosphere, and bad service. They encourge the kids to swing their napkins over their heads.. well the bad part is that with the tables so close you get hit on the head by the kids at the next table!

There is much better Italian food at WDW. We like Palio's at the Swan alot. Tony's in the MK is a nice place also.

Our family likes Alfredo's and go each visit. I never thought to compare it to Macaroni Grill because we get different items at both and just never thought about it. The main difference we've noticed is the price. Definitely hit Alfredo's for lunch!!

We skipped Alfredo's for years because of bad reports on this board...well, we finally tried it, and it is one of the best italian restaurants we have ever eaten in...real italian now...not macaroni grill and carrabas (while both are good...you can't compare them).

The food, service and atmosphere are wonderful. We can't wait to get back up there and try it again!

Alfredo's is a much debated restaurant here on the Dis. After many posts I have come to this conclusion: Some people have Italian connections/relatives that prepare authentic ethnic dishes that must be considered the perfect method. I don't have any reason to doubt that. Here in the midwest, we have what we believe to be some decent Italian restaurants(not chain or fast food restaurants). There is just no way these two types of cuisine can compete. Our family loves Alfredo's. We have been going there since Epcot opened and have gone almost every trip for 20 years. We have probably visited Alfredo's more often than some restaurants in our own home town(Epcot is about 1500 miles away). There is usually someone who will compare Alfredo's with Chef Boy Ardee. Not for us. I will suggest that you try the signature dish Fetuccini Alfredo. We have been to Italy and were largely disappointed with what we ate. Your mileage may vary:D

Our family loved Alfredo's.

As far as comparing it to Macaroni Grill, I think both are delicious, just different.

There are two different Italian restuarants close to our neighborhood, and they're different as well, but we love both of them.

This will be a tough decision for you.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter