"Alice in Wonderland"

kc5grw

Musket Mickey's Motoring Maniac #1
Alice is schedule to theaters Mar 5. I guess this means those of us on Mar cruises will be watching it on board? :cool1:

Alice is schedule to theaters Mar 5. I guess this means those of us on Mar cruises will be watching it on board? :cool1:

It looks so dark and scary, saw a preview last week and my 7 year old thought it would not be for her, I wonder if the whole movie is like that?

Do you think they would still be playing it in April?

Definitely. Since the ship theaters show only Disney releases they tend to hang around much longer than they do on land. I would guess it would still be playing on board in September.

As for the other poster's "dark and scary" question, it's a Tim Burton film so you can expect it to be dark and scary throughout. I know that is off-putting to some, but personally I can't wait!

Note to parents....it is a darker movie and not like the other Disney Alice in Wonderland movie.....it is supposed to be based more on the original Lewis Carroll story which was way more dark than the Disney animated film....(you have to know your own child to see if they can handle the darker tone of the movie).

Here is a synopsis I found online:
Tim Burton (Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice) attempts to work his gothic magic over one of the best loved stories of all time... Lewis Carroll's 'Alice In Wonderland' and 'Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There', which first told the story of a young girl, who after following a rabbit down a hole, is transported to a strange world. Whilst the disney version of the tale relied on sweetness and light to delight the audience, Burton fans can be sure to look out for the same cartoon traits as earlier masterpiece 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'.

The traditional tale has been freshened with a blast of girl power, courtesy of writer Linda Woolverton (Beauty and the Beast). Alice, 17, attends a party at a Victorian estate only to find she is about to be proposed to in front of hundreds of snooty society types. Off she runs, following a white rabbit into a hole and ending up in Wonderland, a place she visited 10 years before yet doesn't remember.

Among those who welcome her back is the Mad Hatter, a part tailor-made for Johnny Depp as he collaborates with Burton for the seventh time. "This character is off his rocker," Zanuck says.

Aussie actress Mia Wasikowska, 19, best known for HBO's In Treatment, has the coveted title role. "There is something real, honest and sincere about her," Zanuck says. "She's not a typical Hollywood starlet."

There is the usual Burton-esque ghoulishness (Helena Bonham Carter's Red Queen, whose favorite retort is "Off with their heads," has a moat filled with bobbing noggins), but Zanuck assures most kids can handle it. "The book itself is pretty dark," he notes. "This is for little people and people who read it when they were little 50 years ago."

I am so looking forward to it!!!

MJ

After watching the previews, I think it is not so "child appropriate" so I am guessing it will be probably scheduled as their late movies....

LornaK! I Was just thinking the same thing! We can watch together at 12:01 am on March 5! I really hope they release it that day b/c I would HATE to have just missed it!

We're cruising June 13-18 and Toy Story 3 is supposedly going to be released on June 18. Does that mean we'll be able to see it on board the ship?

There are never any guarantees, but the chances are good. When "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" premiered, it was shown on the "Disney Magic" at 12:01 a.m, the day it premiered. Thus, I expect the same for "Toy Story 3."

I would expect to see Alice in 3D! :cool2:

Also looking forward to seeing the new DisneyNature release on our Northern European cruise in June. :hippie:

Woo hoo! We are sailing on the 3/6 Magic so I will be sure to see it. I am a huge Tim Burton/Johnny Depp fan. Just loved that they did with Willy Wonka and am hoping Alice is similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter