• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alice: Reviews! (potential spoilers)

My friend and I had the day off school, so we caught a mostly empty matinee. We both loved it! Mia whats-her-name was a fantastic Alice, Helena Bonham Carter was even more deranged then when she was Bellatrix, and Johnny Deep was oh-so perfectly weird. The movie wasn't that funny, but it wasn't supposed to be, so that was fine. And the Chesire cat just took the cake for me. I liked his character so much, but I can't explain why.

I had two problems with it, though...(spoilers) One was the relationship between Alice and Hatter. I understand they were going for a close brother/sister kinda thing (like Justin and Alex in the early seasons of WoWP, before David and Selena started flirting every five seconds :sad2:), but it really came off more as romantic tension then anything. Which is a little disturbing, considering Johnny Deep is--what, 20 years older then Mia? My other issue was I was expecting more twists in the ending. She just hops on the back of the Jabberwocky and stabs it. I was kind of anticipating a more unpredictable ending, like, I dunno, they held Hatter hostage and that gave her the strength to defeat him or something.

Oh, and my new favorite quote..."Yes, you are mad. Off your head. Completely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret--all the best people are."

Which reassures me, for some reason. :scared1: lol :lmao:

See.. now I never picked up romantic tension... (but it could be because I would have been repulsed by it.. not okay unless it's Syfy's Alice xD)

I REEEEALLLLY want to see this movie! My friend saw it this weekend (some friend, didn't take me! xD) and said it was kinda spooky. But it's also not really her thing. But I still really wanna see it.

I haven't exactly heard glowing things about it... I still want to see it, but I'm not sure. I'm a big Tim Burton fan (love Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Batman), but this one just looks kind of meh...

I honestly cried as soon as the beginning credits started.

I couldn't believe I was finally seeing it... I had to hold my friends hands becase I was so excited :p

There was an ad from TRON: Legacy, too... IT LOOKS SO BA.

hey don't hate on tron, that movie is going to bring disney back the movie bussiness

I'm pretty sure BA means bad ***, if I'm not mistaken.
So I think she was praising it. If not, forgive me.

But I thought the tron preview looked SWEET.

I actually liked the relationship between Alice and the Hatter. I didn't really see any romantic tension, but I thought of Alice is kind of a mother figure to him or a really close friend. She brought him back when he was feeling down. Although I thought she was mostly childish in the movie, by the end I think she was more mature.

I'm pretty sure BA means bad ***, if I'm not mistaken.
So I think she was praising it. If not, forgive me.

But I thought the tron preview looked SWEET.

I actually liked the relationship between Alice and the Hatter. I didn't really see any romantic tension, but I thought of Alice is kind of a mother figure to him or a really close friend. She brought him back when he was feeling down. Although I thought she was mostly childish in the movie, by the end I think she was more mature.

Yep.

I think TRON looks AAAAHMAZING.
And the guy is super hot.

And ITA about the Hatter/Alice relationship.. they were a cute "family" type bond.

I just saw it tonight, it was wonderful! Johnny Depp blew me away as the Mad Hatter, and so did Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen.
Something about they way Anne Hathaway kept her hands annoyed me, but she was also better than I had thought she would be.
Some of the lines were so funny, and I agree that that Hatter/Alice relationship was adorable. Johnny was just adorable ;)
But it was superb, I really loved it. I saw it in 3D and in IMAX and the special effect and CGI just blew me away.

Ok finally saw the movie this week.

Overall I liked it. It was odd but just odd enough that it fit perfectly. I loved Johnny as the Mad Hatter...he was totally amazing. The only things that really bugged me were all involving Anne Hathaway. First was her makeup...the white was fine but her lips were WAY to dark and therefore distracting. The other was the way she held her hands/arms. It was weird, didn't seem to really make sense, and just bugged me every time I saw her. But besides that, I totally loved the movie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter