All About the Princesses, Dresses, and Food--May 19-25, 2014 NEW COMPLETE 1/6/15

10171236_825158244322_4336682207190986458_n_zpsa22d0f75.jpg

THIS is the reason we all love Disney. This just sums up your trip so perfectly. You can just see the joy in Eliza's face in this picture and it just brought tears to my eyes.

I hate last days, but you got a few things done, and love the hair cut photos and the "group" shot looking at Eliza's hair cut.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I thoroughly enjoyed following along.​

I've been reading along,what an amazing trip you all had, I've enjoyed reading every moment of it, and even though you went with such a large group you still did loads!
Eliza is absolutely beautiful, and you are right she should be in a this is why Disney is worth it ad! As her smiles are always so precious, and show why going to Disney is worth it!!
What a great last meal, the character interaction looked amazing!
Also can't wait to see Eliza's princess autograph book!! :)

In your last posts you said about being late for your FP+, well I don't know if you knew that you can be 5 minutes early and 15 minutes late to any FP, as on our last trip we definitly used that a few times, so that's how we know!!

great Trip Report - thanks for writing it!

That is a really cute dress you made for Chef Mickey's - and glad you see a tradition for the future developing :goodvibes ... definitely think for breakfast having stuff be fresh is key and looks like they had that covered for the waffles and french toast at least

I hear you about the "this is why you should give Disney all your $" pictures => you do all the planning, spend all the money, make all the dresses, etc. .... and then you see their face meeting Mickey or a princess and you forget about all of that and just smile

Thanks for reading! So glad you liked it.

That was one of the first dresses I made last year and saved it for our trip. I still love it! It's very fun to think of traditions, because that means we'll definitely be going back! :)

Exactly. And when I see these pictures now, it brings me so much joy!

Wow what a great trip! I agree your daughter should be in Disney ads. It was fun following along and seeing all the adventures and fun you guys had.

Thank you for reading along! It was an awesome trip.

THIS is the reason we all love Disney. This just sums up your trip so perfectly. You can just see the joy in Eliza's face in this picture and it just brought tears to my eyes.

I hate last days, but you got a few things done, and love the hair cut photos and the "group" shot looking at Eliza's hair cut.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I thoroughly enjoyed following along.

Thank you so much. It brings tears to mine, too. :goodvibes

We did get a good amount of things done. It was the first time we made it to the adventure/frontier side of MK the whole week! The others had all gone, but not us!

I'm so glad you have read along. I appreciate it!

I've been reading along,what an amazing trip you all had, I've enjoyed reading every moment of it, and even though you went with such a large group you still did loads!
Eliza is absolutely beautiful, and you are right she should be in a this is why Disney is worth it ad! As her smiles are always so precious, and show why going to Disney is worth it!!
What a great last meal, the character interaction looked amazing!
Also can't wait to see Eliza's princess autograph book!! :)

In your last posts you said about being late for your FP+, well I don't know if you knew that you can be 5 minutes early and 15 minutes late to any FP, as on our last trip we definitly used that a few times, so that's how we know!!

Thank you for reading! I love traveling with my family, even though it can get tense from time to time!

I think she's beautiful, too, thank you. :goodvibes Just this morning we were talking about flying on an airplane at Christmas to see her cousins and she said, "No, we're going on an airplane to Disney World!" Well, we actually are, sort of, but she doesn't know that yet! I can't WAIT to see her face for that.

I didn't know that! It must not have been a full 15 minutes for us, only because we were only 2-3 minutes late when Gary's didn't let him through, but there was definitely some buffer!

Thank you to you all for reading and commenting!!

Mini PTR--NYE Trip

We have already begun tentatively planning a long trip in the fall of 2015, but I was so sad that it would be 12+ months until Eliza could enjoy the magic of Disney in person. FWP, for sure.

Then, my sister explained that when she is coming to visit us in the fall, it was much cheaper to fly in and out of Orlando rather than her nearest airport. Plus, they have seasonal Florida AP's, so they decided to do Food & Wine trip.

So when it came time last month to begin plannng for and buying plane tickets for our Christmas travel to see family and celebrate my nephew's 1st birthday, the prices from SW FLorida were astronomical and I decided to check Orlando. Turns out that on 1 particular day the price to fly home was super cheap comparatively speaking.

I spent 4 days running numbers and dates to figure out the best plan to get us around where we needed to be. Kansas City and then Southwest Florida and then home. Or, adding Orlando into that mix as well.

We ultimately decided that YES, we would throw in a little trip to Disney World, but it was pretty crazy. Why? Because our dates are 12/30 - 1/1. Yes, our main Magic Kingdom day will be on NYE, one of (if not the) busiest days of the year. But, we knew that if we got there at 8am for EMH, we could accomplish so much AND because DD doesn't like fireworks, no worries about trying to get a spot to view them within the park.

So with our dates set, it was time to decide where to stay. It was too late to rent villa points, which was our first choice. No availability. My next choice was a Royal Room at PORFQ, a no-brainer for our princess loving girl.

Royal-Rooms.jpg
via inside the magic . net

At this point, I high tailed it to the Disney Dining reservation page and got to work finding ADRs. I made Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, and Akerhaus ADRs, not really sure which ones we'd keep.

At this point, I had a hold on a Royal Room with a 2-Day Park Hopper and Disney Dining. I ran the math, and for 2 sit-down buffet meals and the other food we'd need to eat, it was essentially the same price for the DDP or OOP. Except with the DDP we'd get "bonus" snacks and drinks with our meals.

Then, my parents decided that if we were going to Disney, they should, too! They will also be in SW Florida with us with a car. So why not? This saves us the extra expense of getting a rental to drive to Orlando, yay!

One downfall is that the Royal Rooms do not sleep 5 people, and DD is now 3 and no longer free. :( So, we switched to an Alligator Bayou room at PORS. Only a riverview was available, so we should end up with great location!

PO.org-Guest-SurlyMermaid-photo02_forum.jpg
portorleans . org

Hopefully DD doesn't freak out with Louis there. She had a mild fear of alligators/crocodiles this past year.

With the addition of my parents and help with splitting the room cost, we decided to definitely book 2 day hoppers. For meals, we decided to ditch CMs or 1900 PF, and do lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. We will keep Akerhaus on New Year's Day.

So, here are the details.
Who? me, DH, DD, and my parents.
When? 12/30-1/1; ringing in the New Year!
Where? Port Orleans Riverside, riverview room Alligator Bayou
What? 2 Day hoppers, Disney Dining Plan

The Plans:

Day 1 12/30--
leave in late afternoon for the drive to Orlando
Check in late evening, maybe grab snack, but early to bed.

Day 2 12/31 NYE!--
6:45am--head to POFQ for beignets!
7:30am--bus to MK
8am EMH at Magic Kingdom
Start in New Fantasyland. Ride as many rides as possible!
Hopeful to get FP+ for 7 Dwarfs ride, Anna & Elsa (if DD wants to), Cinderella & Rapunzel, OR Enchanted Tales with Belle. I'm hoping we can do ETWB first thing and avoid using a FP+ on it.
1:50ish--Liberty Tree Tavern

We all thoroughly enjoyed our May meal there and this keeps us in MK on NYE, and will hopefully give us easy access to a good viewing spot for the Christmas parade in the afternoon after lunch.

f0608a66-220a-44c5-8182-4c26e6d4cd50_zps792df672.jpg
mmmm, can't wait to eat this again! Mom is ready for her pot roast, too!

After lunch, we hope to watch the parade. We'll do some more attractions and hopefully stick around long enough to watch the early electrical parade and Celebrate the Magic. If we can handle the crowds. If not, we'll leave.

Dinner is quick service, likely at Port Orleans Riverside.

Day 3 1/1--
Up early to check our bags for Magical Express
Either a repeat of Day 2's morning (schedule shows 8am EMH) OR:
7:15--head to grab breakfast (beignets again?)
8:00am--bus to MK
See Welcome Show and rope drop
Make up things we didn't get to fit in on Day 1
Will definitely see (FP+?) Talking Mickey
12:30pm--head to monorail to Epcot
2:00ishpm--ADR at Akerhaus
4pm--head back to PORS
Pick up QS or snacks to go.
6pm--Magical Express pick up
9pm--flight home

My parents are staying 2 more days to enjoy Epcot.

I'm SO excited for this trip! I haven't decided what DD will wear. I will likely fix her/re-do her Belle dress/skirt to wear to Akerhaus. I have the coveted Fashionable Princess fabric and am 99% sure she'll wear a dress made with it.

06359144779a8e19336c816a96b5c0dc.jpg

She's been talking about wanting a fancy Rapunzel dress, but I don't know if I'll get to that. We'll also have an Anna dress, as that is her Halloween costume (made by me). So much to consider! I think a short trip is even harder to plan for. :confused3 She has so much to choose from!

Anyway, I can't wait! Our FP+ window opens Oct. 31!

That sounds like an awesome quick trip. No doubt Eliza will find that little bed pretty cool. She'll be the only one in her own bed.

Akershus is so much fun.

I really like that fabric. You'll have to share the finished product with us.

I just read through your whole trip report today at work (thank you for getting me through some truly awful document reviewing).

Your trip sounded like so much fun! I love that the whole family got together and went. Family vacations are one of my best memories from my childhood.

We were also there over the 24 hour event, it was sooo much fun.

I'm really excited about the trip you guys are taking, even though its over the busy holiday it sounds like so much fun.

That sounds like an awesome quick trip. No doubt Eliza will find that little bed pretty cool. She'll be the only one in her own bed.

Akershus is so much fun.

I really like that fabric. You'll have to share the finished product with us.

I'm counting down! :) And good point. It is pretty special.

I will be sure to share the finished product!

I just read through your whole trip report today at work (thank you for getting me through some truly awful document reviewing).

Your trip sounded like so much fun! I love that the whole family got together and went. Family vacations are one of my best memories from my childhood.

We were also there over the 24 hour event, it was sooo much fun.

I'm really excited about the trip you guys are taking, even though its over the busy holiday it sounds like so much fun.

Haha, been there and done that! Glad you could enjoy my TR!

I hope we can continue to take trips together like that, even if it isn't to Disney. :)

Me, too! I think as long as we keep our expectations manageable, we'll be a-ok.

Gotta love Disney math where you get it to the point you would be irresponsible NOT to go to Disney! But glad it will work out and while quick - I am sure will be a great trip!

Gotta love Disney math where you get it to the point you would be irresponsible NOT to go to Disney! But glad it will work out and while quick - I am sure will be a great trip!

:rotfl2: So true! If you ignore the fact that we are spending extra $$$ on Disney itself we are saving a bunch! LOL! But, in our defense, we're trading on some other things and making it a family Christmas present. :) (not that I think you were worried about it. :thumbsup2)

You did a great job with the sewing on your daughter's dresses. I enjoyed reading your recap. Did I miss your post with the details on the princess signature book? The little I did see looked so cute. Thanks.

You did a great job with the sewing on your daughter's dresses. I enjoyed reading your recap. Did I miss your post with the details on the princess signature book? The little I did see looked so cute. Thanks.

No, I haven't taken pictures of the book yet. :) I will!

Thank you so much!

I somehow missed that you put your plans in for your December trip.

A short trip, but I think you will have a blast. My oldest son was there New Year's Eve and Day last year (and will be again this year), and as long as you have your FP+ and know you'll have crowds, you'll do great. It sounds so exciting.

It's been a very long time since I posted, but I finally wanted to share the photos of my daughter's princess autograph book. I took it apart and hung them in her bedroom. :) I'm leaving the photo large so you can really see!

da6af82f-2c37-41a6-bfa7-84f9067d4cca_zpsd1fa80a9.jpg

I also wanted to take this opportunity to let you all know our NYE quick trip was fantastic! We did so much and the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks on NYE were absolutely incredible.

Loved reading your trip report! We are taking our two girls, who will be 3 and 6, in December for our first trip ever. So excited! And that autograph book is adorable! Any chance your friend sells them? LOL!

Thank you!
Loved reading your trip report! We are taking our two girls, who will be 3 and 6, in December for our first trip ever. So excited! And that autograph book is adorable! Any chance your friend sells them? LOL!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. My friend doesn't sell them unfortunately! I got two from her when she first made them, so we'll be using the 2nd one this fall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter