1-- Well, you say that you are going to transfer those 2-day tickets,
once you do that you will only have the APs in your names.
2-- You should be able to.
3-- Correct.
4-- Not just the 2 days.
5-- You should be able to.
6-- If the transfer doesn't work in advance,
you will be able to transfer the extra tickets to them as soon as you arrive.

Thanks Robo!

I'm new here and to WDW in general (as a paying parents at least haha), and have been searching the forums for an answer to this....
I'm curious if Disney is going to offer the Buy 4 day get 5th day free ever again?
I remember seeing it, I think last year or the year before in July.
We have to do our FP's 60+ days out in the middle of August...
Wasn't sure if there's any rhyme or reason to the promotion as to when its offered

I'm new here and to WDW in general (as a paying parents at least haha), and have been searching the forums for an answer to this....
I'm curious if Disney is going to offer the Buy 4 day get 5th day free ever again?
I remember seeing it, I think last year or the year before in July.
We have to do our FP's 60+ days out in the middle of August...
Wasn't sure if there's any rhyme or reason to the promotion as to when its offered

It's only a $20 difference between a 4 day ticket and a 5 day ticket.

Received my 8 tickets in the mail, I dont know what ticket goes to which person, no names. I am told they take a finger print at the gate, I get that part- fingerprint goes with the ticket scanned. How does the system know what fast pass goes with what ticket if no name is asked at the gate? I have fast passes set up for each guest, or does the system just take the fast pass off the My Dis. Exp. account??

Received my 8 tickets in the mail,
1. I dont know what ticket goes to which person, no names.
2. I am told they take a finger print at the gate, I get that part- fingerprint goes with the ticket scanned.
3. How does the system know what fast pass goes with what ticket if no name is asked at the gate?
4. I have fast passes set up for each guest, or
5. does the system just take the fast pass off the My Dis. Exp. account??

1. It doesn't matter at all.
2. It's not a finger "print" (but that's not a concern for this discussion.)
Once a person USES a ticket for the first time... THEN, that ticket can ONLY be used
by that person the rest of the trip.
3. The FPs do not go with a particular TICKET.
The FPs go with a particular PERSON (connected with the MDE account.)
4. That's how it works.
5. There is NOTHING "put onto" the ticket, or the MagicBand.
All files are in the MDE account, and the MagicBand and/or ticket accesses that account.

Last edited:
I purchased an adult 10-day park hopper from UT prior to the price increase this February for $478.69. I want to upgrade to an AP ,which costs $829.64. With the new way of price-bridging since February, I'm not sure how much out of pocket I will pay to upgrade. Can anyone help?

And...do I need to enter the park with my current Park Hoppers to activate a price BEFORE I upgrade to an AP?

I purchased an adult 10-day park hopper from UT prior to the price increase this February for $478.69. I want to upgrade to an AP ,which costs $829.64.

1. With the new way of price-bridging since February, I'm not sure how much out of pocket I will pay to upgrade. Can anyone help?

2. do I need to enter the park with my current Park Hoppers to activate a price BEFORE I upgrade to an AP?

1. From the Sticky Post "All About Tickets" found >HERE<

• Upgrading Tickets -Post 5

------------------------------------------------------------------
Cost to Upgrade:

1. To upgrade an "Old Price" Ticket:
If the ticket that you have, and want to upgrade, was purchased from an authorized ticket reseller from "old stock" or "leftover tickets" (a ticket minted BEFORE the Feb. 12 price increase,) THAT ticket will be price-bridged up to the full WDW gate price that was in place BEFORE Feb. 12, 2017. Even if you actually purchased your tickets after Feb. 12, if you bought
"leftover tickets" from the resellers older stock of tickets, they are considered to be tickets
minted before Feb. 12.

The price at which Disney sold these tickets to the public "before Feb. 12" will be the price subtracted from the CURRENT gate price of the new ticket to which you are upgrading.
That difference price will be the cost to upgrade.

Ticket PRICES-PREVIOUS to Feb. 12, 2017
from an archived Allears page HERE.
------------------------------------------------------------------

So...

Subtract $499.49 from $829.64 = $330.15.
Cost to upgrade your ticket to AP: $330.15.

2. No. (But, it won't affect your upgrade cost if you DO want to upgrade later in your trip
after you use some of your original ticket.)

Last edited:

[QUOTE="Robo, post: 57953035, member: 32297"

So...

Subtract $499.49 from $829.64 = $330.15.
Cost to upgrade your ticket to AP: $330.15.

2. No. (But, it won't decrease your upgrade cost if you DO want to upgrade later in your trip.)[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the help. Much appreciated!

I am sure that this has been asked, but I don't see it on the first page and I'm not sure what search term should to try.

Can I upgrade a ticket in increments?

That is, suppose I have a 5 day park hopper and want to add a day during my trip. Then I decide the next day that I want an Annual Pass. I can do that, right?

I know the effective date will be the first day I used the ticket. I also know that I have until the last valid day to do the upgrades.

I got an auto reply from guest usage email about my ticket,it also asks for where and when it was purchased? I have no idea....I sent all the other info and pics in, you think they'll help anyway?
well..... updated to say I never heard back from them at all....:confused3 I guess I'll never know....

I am sure that this has been asked, but I don't see it on the first page and I'm not sure what search term should to try.
1. Can I upgrade a ticket in increments?
That is, suppose I have a 5 day park hopper and want to add a day during my trip. Then I decide the next day that I want an Annual Pass.
2. I can do that, right?
3. I know the effective date will be the first day I used the ticket.
4. I also know that I have until the last valid day to do the upgrades.

1. Another way to say this is, "Can a ticket be upgraded more than once?"
-Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Until close of business on the same day that you use the ticket's last asset.

I got an auto reply from guest usage email about my ticket,it also asks for where and when it was purchased? I have no idea....I sent all the other info and pics in, you think they'll help anyway?

The numbers printed on the ticket tell the CM where you bought the ticket.
They can also glean from those numbers when the ticket was purchased (at least approximately.)

Unless these are very old tickets, I don't understand their questions to you.

well..... updated to say I never heard back from them at all....:confused3 I guess I'll never know....

I'd try again.
This time, starting with a phone call to WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

You can not believe the trouble I had trying to upgrade a two day basic ticket from 2014. I got the ticket as part of a free dining package but I had an AP so I put it aside. When I tried to upgrade it this Monday to an AP I was told that that ticket was expired. I looked at the guy and said unused Disney tickets don't ever expire. Do they?

If I upgrade a 10 day ticket with water parks plus do I HAVE to get the Annual Pass with water parks on it?

If I upgrade a 10 day ticket with water parks plus do I HAVE to get the Annual Pass with water parks on it?

Only if you USE any of the Water Park (etc.) options before you do the upgrade.

If you don't use any of the Water Park (etc.) options before you do the upgrade,
you can decide to which AP you want to upgrade.

You can not believe the trouble I had trying to upgrade a two day basic ticket from 2014. I got the ticket as part of a free dining package but I had an AP so I put it aside. When I tried to upgrade it this Monday to an AP I was told that that ticket was expired. I looked at the guy and said unused Disney tickets don't ever expire. Do they?

Magic Your Way tickets minted prior to Feb. 12, 2017 never expire.

Magic Your Way tickets minted AFTER Feb. 12, 2017 expire Dec. 31, 2018.
That expire date will undoubtedly be moved later for tickets bought closer to that 2018 date.

So, your ticket should not be expired... unless it got accidentally used at some point.

They expire and have no value?!

They did not get used, they were written on with a Sharpie and put away in a safe. So mad the way the CM kept insisting they were expired when I know that tickets NEVER expired until a couple years ago.

1. They expire and have no value?!

2. They did not get used, they were written on with a Sharpie and put away in a safe. So mad the way the CM kept insisting they were expired when I know that tickets NEVER expired until a couple years ago.

1. Magic Your Way tickets minted AFTER Feb. 12, 2017 expire Dec. 31, 2018.
After that date, the price originally paid for those tickets can be used to help pay for
NEW tickets when the guest is ready to visit WDW.

2. If the CM was in error and/or rude, that is un-Disneylike behavior.
Unfortunately, lack of proper training for ticket CMs is far too common.
When you encounter a ticket CM who is obviously incorrect in a ticket transaction,
and a request to talk to a supervisor offers no remedy,
the most productive next step is to politely decline the offer and go to another
ticket location with different staff.

Good afternoon! I have a little question. I have 4 base tickets with a MYW package with dining. We were planning on just doing a park a day but have since realized we could probably do "MGM" in half a day and get more time in Epcot in the morning. Is it possible to upgrade our tickets to a PH that morning (our last morning going to a park)so I don't have to change all our tickets to a PH? Thanks in advance!

Good afternoon! I have a little question. I have 4 base tickets with a MYW package with dining. We were planning on just doing a park a day but have since realized we could probably do "MGM" in half a day and get more time in Epcot in the morning. Is it possible to upgrade our tickets to a PH that morning (our last morning going to a park)so I don't have to change all our tickets to a PH? Thanks in advance!
The park hopper option is a flat rate, so it will cost the same if you add it on day 1 or day 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter