All About TICKETS at WDW

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Robo, Jan 10, 2017.

1. kimieko

kimieko Mouseketeer

I have a question about the PhotoPass option with the annual pass. (I'm sorry if this has been answered, I searched and didn't find anything)

My husband and I will be in WDW for 8 days in November, and will then be taking our nephew back for a trip in April, I have done all of the math and before any dining discounts, we will save $250 when including the cost for Memory Maker which we want. When it comes to Memory Maker, if I do a ticket upgrade when we arrive in November, will we need to wait the 3 days that others have to wait if they don't purchase Memory Maker in advance, or will pictures be available from our first day?

2. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

No waiting.
    You'll get ALL photos taken from the start, and all photos will be available for a full year.

LisaCat and MinnieWebster like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. kimieko

kimieko Mouseketeer

Thank you!

5. jennytmitch

jennytmitch Earning My Ears

I have read through most of this thread and haven't seen this question asked. We are debating 2 trips in 2018. One in July with me and dd and then one in late November/early December with me, dh, ds1 and ds2. If I purchase a package, can I upgrade, just my ticket to an annual pass? Would this interfere with the later trip if we plan to purchase a package? Would I have to purchase tickets with the package?

6. Robo

1. Yes. AFTER you have arrived at WDW and checked in.
    2. No.
    3. All guests as part of the SAME package on any given trip need to buy the same kind of tickets. But, AFTER ARRIVAL, each ticket can be dealt with individually.
    Is there a reason that you WANT to buy "packages" rather than simply make room-only reservations and buy tickets separately?

7. jennytmitch

We have done the packages in the past and I like that everything is paid for before we get there. If I can get a better deal, then I am open to doing that. We have typically gone in the past during free dining. I am not counting on that for either of these trips. I was just thinking that we could use the AP discounts for the later trip.

8. Robo

Yup.
    If you WANT to buy a "package" and some guests have APs and some don't, those with APs can simply
    HOLD their package tickets until a future trip when they can use/upgrade the tickets or
    use their value to help pay for a new or renewal AP.

9. jennytmitch

Thank you!

10. AzzySpazbourne

AzzySpazbourne Mouseketeer

Looking to find out the best way and strategy to buy park tickets with my Disney Rewards Dollards.

We're planning a trip for end of May 2018. We're staying at Dolphin on SPG points, and in order to get 60 day fastpass window, we need to have tickets loaded in MDE by Late-mid March.

I'm looking to buy 6 day park hoppers for 2 adults and 1 child (around $1345 total). I really want to use Disney Visa Rewards Dollars to buy the tickets but probably won't get the exact/full amount to cover all 3 tickets until March timeframe. Right now I only have about $950 in rewards (and have been getting between $30-$50 added per month).

My concerns are: if I wait until I have the full amount, will prices then rise by March, when I plan to buy them? If so, is there a way that I just buy a lower day ticket with what I have right now and "add" days to my tickets as I accrue more rewards dollars? Would this lock in my base price but then only need to add extra days at $20 per person per day? Would adding days like this pose an issue if using rewards dollars? My understanding is that the website accepts disney rewards dollars, but havent seen where you can add days without calling.. Not sure when calling if they'd accept adding days with rewards dollars.

Do any third party resellers take disney rewards dollars (assuming not, but then again some non-Disney merchants accept some disney type payments sometimes, like in DS as an example)? If so, who?

Thank you!!

11. Robo

1. Better than even odds that they WILL.
    2. I don't think you're going to be gaining that much by doing so.
    3. Well, not really.
    4. Not that I know of. Why would it?
    5. You can't. But, can't you use your "rewards" over the phone? (I have no idea.)
    6. If these are the "same" as gift cards, you should be OK, but see #2 above.
    7. Nope.

12. Maggie'sMom

Maggie'sMom DIS Veteran

Question about upgrading a ticket purchased using a CM discount. A friend works for Disney and purchased tickets for me using the CM discount. These were purchased in January 2016. I had her buy 5 day tickets because that's how many days we would be in the parks on our trip. Well, our 2016 trip ended up being cancelled and we're now headed down next month and will be in the parks 8 days. If I add days to these tickets, how will the additional cost be calculated? Based on the full undiscounted ticket cost pre-increase? Or will I end up having to pay the difference between the discounted ticket and the current non-discounted ticket? I'm thinking by upgrading these CM discount tickets I'll end up losing any savings I had. I also have some tickets purchased through Southwest Vacations pre-price increase which I know will be bridged to the pre-increase price so I could use those and save the CM discount tickets for a 5 day trip.

13. Robo

1. Likely.
    2. & 3. However, but this is a more complex situation and the upgrade CM may have more difficulty.
    4. Yup.
    5. If that's an option... dilemma solved.

You COULD start by just ASKING about upgrading the CM-purchased tickets, and if the answer is correct (might take some "coaxing ")
    then you'll still get to keep your discount.

14. Maggie'sMom

Maggie'sMom DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reply, Robo! I think I'll do just that.

15. Kdubya

Kdubya Earning My Ears

Anyone have experience with a ticket with non-expiring days left on it after the person has passed away? A relative is under the impression they can use the remaining days themselves if they provide a death certificate, but any idea how this actually works? Would they re-issue to her with the same terms? (Non-expiring) Or re-issue as new ticket with an expiration? This probably isn't common but if anyone has insight I'd like to let her know what to expect!

16. Robo

It has been discussed many times over the years.
    A relative has generally been allowed to use the remaining assets.
    No "new" expiration date or change in the original "terms" will be added.
    Go to any Guest Relations outside any park or at Disney Springs.

17. Kdubya

Kdubya Earning My Ears

Thank you! She will be happy to hear that

18. 123SA

123SA DIS Veteran

I have a 14 night package with 10 day ticket. Starts 8/26

I am going to buy military mnsshp tickets for 8/25 and 9/1. I would like to book fp+ for pre party hours 3:30-6:30 (I do not currently have fp booked on those dates). To do so, I think I need to put these tickets into an MDE account

Is there any way adding these tickets can interfere with my current plans associated with the 14 day package?

When we go to park on 9/1, how do I make sure that the party ticket is used for entry as opposed to my 10 day ticket?

If I add tickets to MDE does my magic and become my ticket? So on 8/25 before my package starts, we would need the magic and for entry?

19. Robo

1. Correct.
    2. Nope.
    3. Go into the gate marked for the party.
    4. By "magic" I guess you mean "MagicBAND."
    Once any ticket is in your MDE, it is accessible via your MagicBand(s.)
    5. If you have a physical plastic "ticket" for the party,
    you can use it for entry and FP+ if you don't have a MagicBand, yet.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  20. Nick6300

Nick6300 Mouseketeer

Robo, thank you for this thread. I rarely have to upgrade. We have a ParkSavers, very slightly discounted 8 day PH+ purchased around June 2017. And an old, 2008ish WDW 8 day PH that was upgraded to 8 day PH+ in 2013 at Disney Springs. We didn't intend to, but now want to will call the ParkSavers ticket at a park ticket window, and upgrade to 2 AP platinums on 1st day (without visiting a water park).
    1) Will the ParkSavers ticket be price brought up to non discounted 8 day PH+? Upgrade cost would be simply current AP Plat. - 8 day PH+, maintaining the nominal ParkSavers discount (think about $20).
    2) 2013 upgrade was surprisingly cheap, think about $80's. I'm hoping CM upgraded correctly and I'd just look up the 2013 8 day PH fun and more cost and deduct from current AP Plat.?
    I'm thinking about $600 upgrade cost.

21. Robo

3) If you have the PS ticket connected to your MDE account, you won't need to actually "Will Call" it (the ticket, itself) in order to upgrade it.
    You can upgrade without ever having to pick up an actual ticket (again, if this ticket is connected to an MDE account.)

1) Yes.
    2) Yes. Since this ticket was purchased/upgraded directly at Disney, its gate value in 2013 (when you did the last upgrade) will be its value when subtracted from the current cost of the AP.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    MinnieWebster and Nick6300 like this.