All Clubs Closing in Downtown Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say that I am not that shocked by it. I think they should try to convert it to something that can be more populated during the day, since that is when most of the people are out and about at WDW.

If what I just said wasn't the most obvious statement of the year...LOL!

My brother is pissed. His 21st bday will be while we're in the World and the one thing he wanted to do was hit Pleasure Island. :(

I have great memories of PL from our early trips - the Fireworks Factory for dinner and a darling store with an adventure theme around alligators. There were shows on the stage ...

We really enjoyed it. I do hope that Disney can bring back some of the magic. It's not clear whether Adventurers Club and Comedy Club will close ...

I really think they will try and go "universal" ...

Sad day.

First, Hurricane Connie in 1955...now THIS!

What a shame.

RIP...Merriweather Adam Pleasure (the wise fool, the mad visionary, the scoundrel, the scalawag, and the seeker of enjoyment).

:( this makes me so sad. no more Adventurer's Club? when I went the last week of May, it was DBFs first time and he LOVED the AC more than anything else, and with it gone, I fear he wont enjoy WDW as much without a kungaloosh or 2

very sad day this is:(

Oddly enough, we are going to be at WDW for the last two nights that it's open! We had heard the rumors and knew that we wanted to go down to wish it farewell, now, it's going to be one heck of a goodbye party!

I hope that they chose to bring AC back. I can't imagine WDW without the AC.

Hmm, so much for all those old "hopper pluses" we were saving for when DD turned 21. (Next month and we go in October!)

I guess we have enough water park passes for a while...

Seriously bummed about this..

Glad I was able to get in one last show at the A/C on my most recent trip.

I've never been to any of the clubs in PI, but I'm still shocked that they would close down so many at the same time. Interesting to see what they will do.....

Wow, very bummed about this... never got to go to any of the clubs last year. Going this year, and staying right next to downtown disney, hoping to be able to enjoy the nightlife more. Guess that won'thappen :(

I am speechless. I adore AC and it is an integral part of our WDW experience. I can't imagine it being gone. I am brokenhearted... we have a trip planned for December and were looking forward to introducing my best friend and her fiance to the club for the first time.

*cry*

So, basically, nomore Pleasure Island. I mean, without the clubs, what's left to do, in PI?

I never went, b/c the clubs I wanted to go to were 21 and up (I turn 21 next trip! :P ), but, still...

I'm SERIOUSLY upset about the thought of the Adventurer's Club closing. We typically hang out there every night of our vacations.

Suzi

My son is a CM on Pleasure Island and works all the clubs....he started 3 months ago. His supervisor just informed him and all his co-workers as of September of this year, all clubs in Pleasure Island will close. Just spoke to him while he was on break. That's all I know, he thought it might be all over the internet already, but I didn't see anything here. He does not know what will replace the clubs, if anything. Supposed to go to HR tomorrow to see what his next step will be. He liked the nightlife at the clubs and does not want to sell water in 90 degree temps on Main Street. (I don't blame him ) ...he has little seniority over his fellow CM's so he's fearful he will have little job choices. Anyway, when I hear more I will report in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter