• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Day Dining Deal Question

MinnieLovesTigger

Mouseketeer
Hi - we picked up the BOGO All Day Dining Deal a week or two ago and have been looking at menu pictures ever since. DH doesn't eat red meat or chicken/turkey so we need to know our options. We are trying to figure out if all of the entrees at Expedition Cafe are now included (old photos don't show the shrimp lo mein as part of the deal and we might want that. Any ideas? Or suggestions for other good vegetarian/pesceterian meals?

Current terms on the website state this:

• Voyager’s Smokehouse (excluding Baby Back Ribs and the Sampler/Combo/Brisket Platters)
  • Expedition Café
  • Seaport Pizza
  • Captain Pete’s Island Treats
  • The Spice Mill
  • Seafire Grill,
  • Mango Joe’s®
Thanks!

I'm ovo-lacto vegetarian, and I tried the ADD wristband on Dec. 3 to see what meatless options there were. I didn't visit all the restaurants, but I did try the more unique offerings:

The "home made lo-fat chili" is confirmed as vegetarian (I asked) at The Spice Mill, and was nice on a cool day. I got it in the bread bowl, but couldn't finish the bowl part. Chili's also available in a non-edible bowl, and appeared to have kidney beans, chickpeas, black beans, carrots, corn, onion, tomatoes and green slices I took to be bell pepper rather than jalapeno, as my spice-sensitive tongue didn't catch on fire.

The mango fruit salad entree at Mango Joe's surprised me with how well the fresh mango, diced apples and dried cherries blended with the feta cheese, carrots and sunflower seeds over lettuce, with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I took a pre-made bowl from the counter, but one could probably ask for specific ingredients. (The menu on the wall stated it would have strawberries, to which I am allergic, so I was pleased to get the other fruits instead.)

I think the best meal I tried that day was the hummus wrap at Terrace Deli. I had to go back to the menu and note all the ingredients after enjoying the wrap, as I couldn't figure it out on my own: thin sliced of breaded eggplant spread with roasted red-pepper hummus and parmesan-pesto mayonnaise, with lettuce and tomatoes in a large, soft tortilla wrap. Might've been tomato-flavored, or multi-grain. The sophisticated blend of flavors was really tasty. Although there was a long line out front that day for children to meet Santa, the counter service at the back was not crowded at all when I went through the line. (One sign stated the Terrace Deli is open select days through Jan. 1, so I assume it's a weekend option, when attendance at the park supports more eateries.)

I looked at the fajita place, which has a Baja cobb salad without meat, with an avocado ranch dressing. I asked, and the servers said I could get a fajita platter or bowl without meat, if I wanted. The vegetable options were black beans and a combo of green peppers and onions, I think, with a side bowl of pico de gallo and sour cream. I might try that on my next visit.

I also looked at the menu in the steak house, but did not see any vegetarian options. Next visit, I might head through the line in case there's an entree salad not listed.

I took photos, thinking to start a "vegetarian dining" thread here, but I'm not sure anyone would be interested. Anyone have thoughts about such a thing? I've also logged the vegetarian options at Busch Gardens (trying to convince my elderly, vegetarian parents they'd have decent options other than cheese pizza or Boca burgers) -- would another thread about that park be OK in here?

Thanks for your input.

We just came back this weekend and had used our bogo all day from blk friday. We tried the wrap, the chili in a bread bowl, mango fruit salad as well as the reg fajitas. chix...at varius spots. I think there was a ceaser salad at one or 2 spots as well. We also enjoyed that as a side or dessert they had big cups of watermelon, orange wedges, grapes. 2 meals with sides or dessert was a lot of food. We enjpyed it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter