All Day Dining Plan questions

CJK

DIS Veteran
Thanks for helping out a newbie! :goodvibes

1. If we buy our all day dining plan tickets online and print them out, where do we go to pick up our wrist bands at the park? Do we need to get there early to avoid long waits? Once the park opens, I don't want to have to wait in line for too long for our wrist bands if it can be avoided.

2. On the Sea World website, it says that each time we go through the line we're eligible for a drink, entree, side OR dessert. What about snacks? If we wanted a snack midday, can we just go to one of the included restaurants and get a snack? I think I read that the snack carts around the park aren't included.

3. In general, would most of you recommend the food plan? We were only going to eat in the park for 2 meals and snacks.

Thanks!!!

CJK said:

1. If we buy our all day dining plan tickets online and print them out, where do we go to pick up our wrist bands at the park? Do we need to get there early to avoid long waits? Once the park opens, I don't want to have to wait in line for too long for our wrist bands if it can be avoided.

2. On the Sea World website, it says that each time we go through the line we're eligible for a drink, entree, side OR dessert. What about snacks? If we wanted a snack midday, can we just go to one of the included restaurants and get a snack? I think I read that the snack carts around the park aren't included.

3. In general, would most of you recommend the food plan? We were only going to eat in the park for 2 meals and snacks.

Thanks!!!

We have always just paid for the all day dining at the restaurant where you get the wristband. I don't know if they take the printed vouchers. Since I had to turn mine in for a one day ticket at the same time at the ticket window I got what looked like a ticket but on the back was printed all day dining voucher. I got my food and turned it in and got my wristband.

Yes you can just get a snack which would be what SW calls a side/dessert. You can get one of each choice each time through the line. And yes you can't buy the snacks they have on the snack carts. Which they do have different choices from the restaurants.

We always do all day dining. For our family we save a ton. They also serve breakfast so if you wanted to get that there too you can.

Does this plan expire anytime soon? Do they run it often?

Does this plan expire anytime soon? Do they run it often?

The all-day dining has been around for quite a while. I can't see them ending it any time soon.....maybe increasing the price, but not doing away with the dining plan entirely.

Sometimes you can get ticket deals that include all-day dining for free with your full price admission.

Thanks!!!

I haven't used it yet....come on June:cool1:...but did you know about the PlayandDine coupon code for getting the dining plan for only $10/person?

I haven't used it yet....come on June:cool1:...but did you know about the PlayandDine coupon code for getting the dining plan for only $10/person?

No, I haven't heard about this! Do you have to buy park tickets at the same time? We already have our park tickets....

CJK said:
No, I haven't heard about this! Do you have to buy park tickets at the same time? We already have our park tickets....

Yes playanddine deal is a all day dining for free. You can choose between two deals online when buying your admission ticket. Either pay $79 and save $10 off gate price or pay gate price of $89 and have all day dining added for free.

Since you said you already have your admission tickets I would just wait til I got to the park to buy the dining. Just purchase it at one of the participating restaurants.

I was reading the AAA website and it said you take you voucher to the information desk just inside the park and they give you the ticket that you will present to the cashier at the restaurant and then you will get your wristband.

We bought the all day dining at the guest services window/tent after getting I side the park. When you get in its straight ahead after you get your picture with Shamu.

I didn't realize you could buy it at a restaurant. Which one?

chicagoshannon said:
We bought the all day dining at the guest services window/tent after getting I side the park. When you get in its straight ahead after you get your picture with Shamu.

I didn't realize you could buy it at a restaurant. Which one?

Any of the participating ones. It doesn't matter. We always eat breakfast so that's when we pay for it and get the wristband. We learned about it from a SW employee. We asked where to get it and he said if we wanted to we could just get it at the restaurant and get some breakfast too. Helps save time in lines.

How late do the participating restaurants stay open?? The day we are going the park closes at 7pm but I'm thinking we could have dinner at the latest time so we wouldn't need to have a meal later....:)

How late do the participating restaurants stay open?? The day we are going the park closes at 7pm but I'm thinking we could have dinner at the latest time so we wouldn't need to have a meal later....:)

From the SeaWorld website:

"ADULT (Ages 10+) wristband valid for 1 entrée (excluding Baby Back Ribs), 1 side OR 1 dessert, 1 regular size non-alcoholic beverage (excluding Naked Juice) each time through the line until 30 minutes before the published restaurant closing time."

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Dine-and-Shop/Dining/All-Day-Dining-Deal

(click on the "program details" tab)

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:

"ADULT (Ages 10+) wristband valid for 1 entrée (excluding Baby Back Ribs), 1 side OR 1 dessert, 1 regular size non-alcoholic beverage (excluding Naked Juice) each time through the line until 30 minutes before the published restaurant closing time."

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Dine-and-Shop/Dining/All-Day-Dining-Deal

That's funny the website says that but the wristbands say 30 mins before park closing. I didn't notice if the restaurants closing time was the same as the park though. So it might be the same thing just different words.

That's funny the website says that but the wristbands say 30 mins before park closing. I didn't notice if the restaurants closing time was the same as the park though. So it might be the same thing just different words.

I am sure they are one and the same. I can't see the restaurants staying open later than the parks. Otherwise, no one would ever leave :rotfl: .

Thanks! Missed that somehow when I was checking out all the restaurants. So, if park closes at 7pm we'll probably plan the last meal around 5. But I do plan to check closing times for that day.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:
I am sure they are one and the same. I can't see the restaurants staying open later than the parks. Otherwise, no one would ever leave :rotfl: .

Very true. Monday when we were there the girls wanted to play in the water. We were busy all day with shows and exhibits. After the last shamu show we said they could play. Me and my friend were both hoping they would shut off the water so wouldn't have to drag kids away. Sure enough 630 and the water went off. Yes!

Is the Dining with Shamu included in the all day dining or can you get a discount to it if you have the dining?

Is the Dining with Shamu included in the all day dining or can you get a discount to it if you have the dining?

Dine with Shamu is a separate purchase from the all-day dining. There is no discount that I know of for DWS if you purchase the all-day dining.

That said, I don't think purchasing both would be a good value unless you are HUGE eaters. If booking DWS, you would most likely be better served by eating out of pocket for the balance of your day.

Dine with Shamu is a separate purchase from the all-day dining. There is no discount that I know of for DWS if you purchase the all-day dining.

That said, I don't think purchasing both would be a good value unless you are HUGE eaters. If booking DWS, you would most likely be better served by eating out of pocket for the balance of your day.

If you get the All-Day-Dining for $10 deal, you can definitely come out ahead with just breakfast and lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter