All Ears Guest Writer

TSWJan78

NE DIva
WTG Aaron... I just read your article in the All Ears Newsletter and really enjoyed it!! If you have not yet read it check it out... It was cool seeing a DISer write for them... Great Job!!

I read it too! Great article Aaron! I loved the tip about ordering at the pool bar. We are staying at Kidani for one night in July and will definetly be trying the ordering at the pool bar phone.

Aaron's a celebrity!! Who knew?! Now I can say "I knew Aaron when...." :lmao::lmao:

Well shucks! :o Thanks!
You guys are way too observant. What can I say, I love to write; especially about the parks and resorts. :love:

Could someone send me the link?? I totally missed this!! :headache:

Oooh, I need to see that. Can someone share?

If you pm me your email addresses, I'd be happy to forward the email to you. Or, here is Aaron's report:

TIPS OF THE WEEK!
Many readers have asked about the Quick Dining Options at Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Guest Writer Aaron DelPrince recently returned and shares his TIPS on Quick Dining Options at Kidani Village!

During a recent visit to Walt Disney World our family stayed at Kidani Village. One of things we were curious about was quick dining. Many DVC members have expressed concerned about the lack of quick dining options at Kidani Village. It's understandable considering the size of the resort and the distance (about half a mile from front entrance to front entrance) to Jambo House to eat at the Mara (Jambo's counter service location).

I knew the pool bar had some food offerings and the gift shop inside the lobby (Johari Treasures) had some quick food items as well; however, I discovered something else. A private dining option is available at the Maji pool bar.

Here's how it works. Look for the phone and menu display at the Maji Pool Bar, pick it up and it will ring into the Sanaa kitchen. Make sure to reference your private dining number on your identification tent. Place your order with the Cast Member. They will give you an approximate wait time, a total, and ask you how you will pay; cash, credit, or room charge. Take your number tent to your pool chair and wait for the Cast Member to bring you the food. There is an adult menu and a kids menu to choose from. Each adult entree comes with specific side items and a pudding dessert. Kid's meals come with 2 sides and a chocolate cake dessert.

Something I found unusual is the resort does not have a fryer so you will not find any fried foods on the private dining menu. According to the Cast Member this was because of Disney's healthier foods initiative. We ordered a kid's pizza for our daughter which came with 2 sides; carrot sticks and fruit salad, a piece of chocolate cake for dessert and a bottle of water. The food came out in less than 15 minutes.

When you order through the private dining line you are charged a $3 trip charge and an automatic 18% gratuity. The total for our daughter's kid's meal was $12.75. There was some confusion whether the drink was included with the meal. When we called private dining they said yes, but the bottle of water did not come out, so we received one at the pool bar at no cost. You cannot use the Disney Dining Plan for this dining option.

The Maji pool bar also offers a very limited selection of quick foods you can order and receive from their refrigerator right away without going through private dining. Make sure to bring your resort refillable mug to the Kidani Village pool. They have a soda refilling station next to the bar; a nice feature and very convenient.

For those of you who stay at this resort the Johari Treasures gift shop also has some quick, cold food and breakfast options. There are cereals, breads and other breakfast fare to choose from. Potato chips and other afternoon or evening snacks are available as well. Many of the food items are eligible as snack credits on the Disney Dining Plan. You could very easily take this food to your villa and prepare it in your kitchen or kitchenette. The gift shop also houses a refillable mug station for soda, coffee, and tea; however, there is no hot chocolate.

Despite the lack of a quick service restaurant at Kidani Village there are still options to choose from if you don't want to walk, take the bus, or drive over to Jambo House. Be sure to check them out while you are enjoying this beautiful resort.

Great report, Aaron!!

Thanks for posting that Annette. Great report Aaron - there was some good information in there.

If you pm me your email addresses, I'd be happy to forward the email to you. Or, here is Aaron's report:

Great report, Aaron!!

Thanks Annette. It was in my email!!!

Great job, Aaron!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting that Annette. Great report Aaron - there was some good information in there.

Great report!!!

Thanks everyone! You guys are all such great friends & everyone is so supportive on this site. It's pretty obvious to me why we all hang out here together. The love of the parks is only 1 reason, friendship and support is all around us here on the DIS! :hug:

Ok..We can turn the soft, emotion, drama music off now. :)

Great report Aaron, this is one of those things you'd never know about until you were there (unless you read it on the Dis :thumbsup2)

Hopefully it will encourage people to stay at Kidani Village (which apparently means 'necklace' ;)) over Jambo house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter