All FP machines to be removed from Animal Kingdom by next week and....

Laketravis said:
Wow.

And for just $3 a night more for the same dates, you could stay here:

Shingle Creek

Except THEY are sold out.

Hmmmm....might have to do some research on staying offsite next time we go. Which won't be until they figure out the MB/FP+ mess. That gives me lots of time. :)

jade1 said:
Money is not the only factor to everyone.

No one said it was. The point that was being made originally was that *for those on a strict budget* (no matter what that dollar amount is), if they can't afford to stay onsite, no amount of perks is going to change that.

Obviously that doesnt apply to every wdw visitor.

Have I accidentally wandered onto the Budget Board here? :goodvibes

Hate to go off-topic, but... Who's at Animal Kingdom today?

No one said it was. The point that was being made originally was that *for those on a strict budget* (no matter what that dollar amount is), if they can't afford to stay onsite, no amount of perks is going to change that.

Obviously that doesnt apply to every wdw visitor.

My response was to Allstars are never worth $150 a night-I disagree.

Then to the response you could stay deluxe offsite compared to Allstars-so how is comparing a Deluxe offsite (at $214) to Allstars, staying within a strict budget?

There has also been discussion on this thread about how overpriced and therefore how the OR has fallen, and could FP+ entice more onsite stays-not just strict budget conversation.

If you only have $35 to spend on a room-then yes it will have to be offsite-but to think WDW will match that price is just no gonna happen. And if the Allstars and Deluxe's are nearing capacity at XMAS (or any time)-they should raise rates even further IMO.

My response was to Allstars are never worth $150 a night-I disagree.

Then to the response you could stay deluxe offsite compared to Allstars-so how is comparing a Deluxe offsite (at $214) to Allstars, staying within a strict budget?.

It's not. The comparison was made in response to your proclamation of "worth".

You included a screen shot of how much it cost to stay onsite. I included a couple of links to (subjectively) much nicer accommodations at the same price or less.

I'm not confusing budget with value.

Have I accidentally wandered onto the Budget Board here? :goodvibes

Hate to go off-topic, but... Who's at Animal Kingdom today?

I'm not - but I've been looking at wait times in AK. They look pretty reasonable with standby for EE at 25 minutes and Dino at 30.

Is it typical for Dino to have longer standby times than EE?

Laketravis said:

You included a screen shot of how much it cost to stay onsite. I included a couple of links to (subjectively) much nicer accommodations at the same price or less.

Yep, yep. :)

I have not yet found an offsite location that will save me money on food without me cooking. So I refuse to consider that piece in the equation. ;) For me freedom from food preparation is a huge piece of having a vacation.

:) I totally understand, but our dinners at the condo are things like prepared chicken from the grocery store that we heat up, pasta w/ canned sauce, and pizza. Everyone has to help with clean up. We balance it out with a couple dinners at the parks.

That said, my dream is a week onsite, just me and my girls.

Sorry to extend the budget discussion on the FP+ at AK thread. :) I just always want people who compare the price of places like AllStars to offsite to remember that some of us exceed the maximum occupancy allowed in those budget rooms!

Exactly-but Angel A never called you out on it.

And again, IMO-your examples are not worth a free stay-much less $100 to $200.

And also you can only define budget-not Value.

"worth" and "value" are subjective terms. You will never agree on them. So it isn't worth the bits to do so here... :)

jade1 said:

I'm sorry, I'm in a car traveling for the holidays. I wasn't trying to "call you out" as you put it..just discussing :confused3. I saw something and had a response..I didn't think I had to respond to everyone

And also you can only define budget-not Value.

You seriously oughta read what you wrote. I'd delete it for you if I could but I can't.

I'm not - but I've been looking at wait times in AK. They look pretty reasonable with standby for EE at 25 minutes and Dino at 30.

Is it typical for Dino to have longer standby times than EE?

Not at all typical. 30 minutes is looong for Dinosaur.

Probably doesn't mean anything significant though. As others have said, waits should be quite different by Sunday.

Not at all typical. 30 minutes is looong for Dinosaur.

Probably doesn't mean anything significant though. As others have said, waits should be quite different by Sunday.

That's what I thought - seems like whenever EE would start to hit 20-30 minutes, we'd head over to Dino and it would still be a walk on.

You seriously oughta read what you wrote. I'd delete it for you if I could but I can't.

:rotfl: I could give you access.

Well I'm just saying the whole what hotels are worth makes no sense to me-they get what folks will pay, and what Value means to them, perks will increase what they will pay, as will locations and amenities. And I dare to say WDW is the expert in what that price is-not any of us.

That's what I thought - seems like whenever EE would start to hit 20-30 minutes, we'd head over to Dino and it would still be a walk on.

I would think the Friday going in to XMAs week would be swamped at both already. Maybe it will hit tomorrow.

FWIW, I wasnt trying to comment on."worth" of the hotels. The only point I.was trying to.make re:hotels/perks is that if a family of 6 can.only go up to 150/night for.a hotel, and they can't get 2 rooms at at a Disney resort with that budget, then no amount of perks that Disney offers is.going to change that they will end up offsite. Afaik, AOA is more expensive than that...at least it was over spring break last year.

I would think the Friday going in to XMAs week would be swamped at both already. Maybe it will hit tomorrow.

Could this be right? I just pulled this up from Josh's site:

Expedition Everest
20 min

DINOSAUR
10 min

Earlier, I was looking at the actual MDE app when I got 25 and 30 minutes.

Geeez, if that's right then next year I'm going the week before Christmas for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter