All I Want For Christmas Is an Okapi, a Dinosaur, a Herd of Elephants and ...

Thanks for reading along! We love having a full house. :goodvibes

We arrive on October 5th, so we will make arrangements to cross paths for a DIS hello either at Pop or AoA, if you would like.

Yes please, let's arrange someting - a meet at either resort sounds like fun!

I have one AoA question for you -when you visited were you able to use the TIW card at the foodcourt there? I hope so, every little bit saved can go toward a new "stuffimal" (stuffies as they are referred to in your family) or two. My DD is very much like Brooklynn in that usually adds to her family on our trips to WDW. In your pictures I spied a couple of the stuffies that the girls picked out that are also in my DDs collection ;) Somehow we always manage to make room for more animals :crowded:.

Just wanted to let you know I am still reading along. I don't have much time to comment but I am here. Are you planning any trips for 2013?

Good to hear from you! We are planning trips for 2013, but we are only for sure about one of them right now. We are taking trips in the late winter/spring - Jill with her in-laws (a trip that John's mom has been insisting on for a while) and a trip for me with just a friend of mine. They will be very different trips, for sure! Jill has never dreaded a Disney trip before, so that is different for her. She's trying to be nice and make the best of it. My trip with my friend will be fun, but we will do more old lady things than I normally do. We'll ride some rides, but we'll also see more shows and things than we do when the girls are with me. My trip will not be as fun without all of my girls, but I am not dreading it. ;)

We hope to go in early June and then possibly for Christmas again. We shall see. :goodvibes

Oh I wish I could have been there as well!! As it turned out, work has been crazy & so it was probably for the best that I was home. I might not have been able to relax knowing about work.

But I'll see you in October - yay!!!

That wouldn't have been any good for you to be thinking of work. :crazy2:

I need to count the weeks until October 5th! :cool1:

Are you going to start a brand new report for you just completed trip or continue on here with it? Inquiring minds want to know. I just don't want to miss a thing.

There will be a new report. I'm sure Jill can 'announce' on FB, if you want. I am about to put up some more of the October pictures right now.

We were last finishing up Splash Mountain, I believe, so let's check out the gift shop for a minute.

DisneyOctober20111027.jpg

DisneyOctober20111028.jpg

DisneyOctober20111029.jpg

DisneyOctober20111030.jpg

DisneyOctober20111031.jpg

DisneyOctober20111032.jpg

DisneyOctober20111033.jpg

Then we met up with Dawn, Brandy, and the boys at Pirates.

DisneyOctober20111036.jpg

DisneyOctober20111038.jpg

DisneyOctober20111039.jpg

DisneyOctober20111040.jpg

After hanging out with Goofy for a minute, we rode the ride.

DisneyOctober20111041.jpg

DisneyOctober20111043.jpg

DisneyOctober20111044.jpg

DisneyOctober20111046.jpg

We saw some pirate training going on.

DisneyOctober20111047.jpg

We checked out the Tiki Room,

DisneyOctober20111048.jpg

saw Ariel and Eric from a distance,

DisneyOctober20111049.jpg

and then watched one last castle show.

DisneyOctober20111050.jpg

DisneyOctober20111053.jpg

You've always been a princess to me!

DisneyOctober20111054.jpg

DisneyOctober20111055.jpg

DisneyOctober20111056.jpg

And as badly as we hated to do it, it was time to make our way down Main Street and out of Magic Kingdom.

DisneyOctober20111057.jpg

Oh, wait, here's an excuse not to go! Stop and listen for a while.

DisneyOctober20111059.jpg

The Mayor wanted us to stay. He really did. :)

DisneyOctober20111060.jpg

DisneyOctober20111061.jpg

DisneyOctober20111062.jpg

A stop in The Confectionery.

DisneyOctober20111063.jpg

DisneyOctober20111064.jpg

DisneyOctober20111065.jpg

DisneyOctober20111066.jpg

Purple, green, orange, and black will be the colors we see when we go on our next trip. :)

DisneyOctober20111067.jpg

Cute display.

DisneyOctober20111068.jpg

As you see, the boys had talked Brooklynn into coming over to the Pirate side for a while.

DisneyOctober20111070.jpg

DisneyOctober20111071.jpg

Goodbye, beautiful place.

DisneyOctober20111072.jpg

Back to the bus stop.

DisneyOctober20111073.jpg

Looks like the monorail is on top of the bus.

DisneyOctober20111074.jpg

Kay and Brianna had stayed back that day to swim. We met them back there in time to eat something and get ready for UnMagical Express.

Last meal for me.

DisneyOctober20111078.jpg

Something With a Long Neck at the ME stop.

DisneyOctober20111079.jpg

Goodbye, Pop!

DisneyOctober20111080.jpg

Watching the departure video.

DisneyOctober20111082.jpg

This picture made me laugh. It looks like the monorail got tired and decided to hitch a ride home on the bus. :laughing:

Oh no, not the ME bus back!!! At least the giraffe got to watch the video too!

Sorry, Photobucket was messing up on me, so I had to shut it down for a few minutes. Then I got busy doing something else. ;)

Last pictures of the trip.

DisneyOctober20111083.jpg

DisneyOctober20111084.jpg

DisneyOctober20111085.jpg

After we got through security and knew exactly where our gate was, we went over to McDonald's. Both girls got chicken nuggets.

DisneyOctober20111086.jpg

It was time to say so long to palm trees and go back to autumn in Tennessee, which is completely void of palm trees, except fake ones.

DisneyOctober20111088.jpg

While waiting for the plane, Brooklynn did some of her homework. We had ignored it for the entire trip.

DisneyOctober20111089.jpg

Then she did some creative artwork.

DisneyOctober20111090.jpg

Did you make out the bear, the drop, and the briar patch? :)

On board,

DisneyOctober20111091.jpg

and on our way back home.

DisneyOctober20111092.jpg

It didn't take long for this to happen.

DisneyOctober20111093.jpg

This was a nice trip because I got to spend special time with Brooklynn, and together we got to spend special time with our cousins. It had its drawbacks, too. Kay and her granddaughter did not have as magical a time as I would have hoped for them. Maybe they can try again when she is a bit older. It was somewhat stressful for Kay on several occasions. She says she will not take Brianna again, but she does have two other grandchildren, so maybe she will take them someday.

Thanks for joining us on the quick run through of that trip. I had meant to finish it while I was in Florida, but other things kept happening, or sometimes nothing was happening and I was just tired or not in the mood to write. Jill will get the next report started as soon as she has a free moment this week. She has been having to work a lot of overtime, so I can't say when that will be.

As always, we enjoy your company, we love hanging out here with you guys, and we love seeing your reports and pictures, as well. Have a good evening, all!

The perfect way to end your trip report a picture of Brooklynn slepting on her long neck friend. I know she was dreaming of her next vist to Disney with MeMom.

Always good to know that when you wrap one up - ther is another one to start.

Looks like Brooklynn used all her energy up. I'm glad you had fun with her and I can't wait to hear all about the new trip! :listen:

Wow - that was a speedy quick ending to your October trip! Thanks for sharing it with all of us! I'm sorry Kay didn't have as much fun as you & Brooklynn did! I'll be checking back for the link to your new TR! :cool1:

It looks like you and Brooklynn had a wonderful trip. Love the picture of her on the plane taking a nap with her stuffed animals. So sweet!

Thanks for sharing the Oct trip!! Looks like a good time for you and Brooklyn. I love how she says it would be better if she goes with you on your Bella and Memom trip. If I count right you have 12 weeks from Friday till Oct 5th. And then I still have 10 weeks!!! :scared1: I went Dec 2011 and Dec 2012. You will have had 3 trips inbetween my 2 trips!! And a few more on the horizon already. Unfortunately DH thinks getting rid of old debt and saving for a house are better priorities than Disney for the next couple years. :rotfl:

I loved reading about your October trip! That picture of Brooklynn sleeping is too cute.

I will be patiently waiting for the new report to start. I loved getting the pictures from you!

Joining in! I used to be an Assistant Director and then a Director of a daycare. I really did love working with the kids, but the paperwork, regulations, etc. got me kinda burnt out! But the experience was invaluable and I make sure to shower my kids' daycare teachers with praise and gifts a lot! :rotfl:

Your pictures are getting me excited for DHS!! I was kind of "eh" about it before!

OT: What kind of bag is that you are carrying? The lime green one? It looks very comfy and easy to get around with!

A super cute pic of Brooklynn and her animals on the plane!

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip last October. It must be fun to look over those pics and know in a few months you will be seeing it all again.

Cool pic of a monorail/bus! :thumbsup2

I spotted my favorite meal at POP....the chicken penne!!! love it!!! :lovestruc

So excited for the new TR to start!!!

Your TR's bring me so much joy with each and every one! So thank you!

:thanks:

MeMom, I'm glad you got to spend some time in the Magic Kingdom before having to board the unMagical Express. That's just one sad bus, isn't it? :worried: Seeing your October pictures makes me really excited for our trip. The fall decorations are so pretty!

It's always hard leaving isn't it? But I bet you were all ready to see one another again :wave2:

Loved how prominently the long-necked friend featured in those last few photos :rotfl:

The perfect way to end your trip report a picture of Brooklynn slepting on her long neck friend. I know she was dreaming of her next vist to Disney with MeMom.

Maybe she was dreaming of a way to scheme her way into Bella's MeMom and Me trip. :laughing:

Always good to know that when you wrap one up - ther is another one to start.

::yes::

Looks like Brooklynn used all her energy up. I'm glad you had fun with her and I can't wait to hear all about the new trip!

We had fun in October, and we definitely enjoyed our last days together on this trip, too. :)

Wow - that was a speedy quick ending to your October trip! Thanks for sharing it with all of us! I'm sorry Kay didn't have as much fun as you & Brooklynn did! I'll be checking back for the link to your new TR!

Yeah, I tried to zoom through the last of the October trip. I just wanted to give you a general idea of that trip and not get into a lot of detail. I hated it for Kay that Brianna gave her such fits sometimes. She loves her granddaughter and had spent a lot of money on her, but Brianna seems to really be used to getting her way and making it miserable for people when she doesn't.

See you on the new report!

It looks like you and Brooklynn had a wonderful trip. Love the picture of her on the plane taking a nap with her stuffed animals. So sweet!

She loves her animals. She came home with four from the summer trip. Luckily, they were all much smaller than Something With a Long Neck. :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing the Oct trip!! Looks like a good time for you and Brooklyn. I love how she says it would be better if she goes with you on your Bella and Memom trip. If I count right you have 12 weeks from Friday till Oct 5th. And then I still have 10 weeks!!! I went Dec 2011 and Dec 2012. You will have had 3 trips inbetween my 2 trips!! And a few more on the horizon already. Unfortunately DH thinks getting rid of old debt and saving for a house are better priorities than Disney for the next couple years.

Twelve weeks sounds good! :woohoo:

I need to to do things around this house, too, but I have a hard time turning down a Disney trip. The things around the house are getting down one at a time rather than several at once, and so far, that is working.

I loved reading about your October trip! That picture of Brooklynn sleeping is too cute.

I will be patiently waiting for the new report to start. I loved getting the pictures from you!

I'm not sure when Jill will be starting the new one. If not before, she should be able to do it this weekend.

Joining in! I used to be an Assistant Director and then a Director of a daycare. I really did love working with the kids, but the paperwork, regulations, etc. got me kinda burnt out! But the experience was invaluable and I make sure to shower my kids' daycare teachers with praise and gifts a lot!

Your pictures are getting me excited for DHS!! I was kind of "eh" about it before!

OT: What kind of bag is that you are carrying? The lime green one? It looks very comfy and easy to get around with!

You know what Jill goes through in a day, then.

What did you see about Hollywood that you liked?

In case Jill doesn't get on here, that is a lime green Bagallini, so she is a true DIS girl. :goodvibes

A super cute pic of Brooklynn and her animals on the plane!

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip last October. It must be fun to look over those pics and know in a few months you will be seeing it all again.

Cool pic of a monorail/bus!

I spotted my favorite meal at POP....the chicken penne!!! love it!!!

So excited for the new TR to start!!!

Your TR's bring me so much joy with each and every one! So thank you!

We look forward to seeing Magic Kingdom dressed in orange again, and we look forward to being there in cooler weather. :thumbsup2

That chicken penne pasta is more than a full meal!

It is very rewarding to know you enjoy the reports. Thanks for being here. :flower3:

MeMom, I'm glad you got to spend some time in the Magic Kingdom before having to board the unMagical Express. That's just one sad bus, isn't it? Seeing your October pictures makes me really excited for our trip. The fall decorations are so pretty!

You are going to have so much fun on your girls trip! :dance3:

It's always hard leaving isn't it? But I bet you were all ready to see one another again

Loved how prominently the long-necked friend featured in those last few photos

It did make it easier to leave knowing that little Bella was waiting for us to bring her some surprises. :lovestruc

You know what Jill goes through in a day, then.

What did you see about Hollywood that you liked?

In case Jill doesn't get on here, that is a lime green Bagallini, so she is a true DIS girl. :goodvibes:

I think these are the first pics I have seen of Pixar Place and TSM. It looks like such a cool area!!

Thanks! I will look into that bag. I'm still trying to decide what I want to carry!

As usual, a wonderful trip report! Thank you for sharing with us all. It's always so fun and I love your pictures -those girls are beautiful, sweet and so precious (as you already know!).
Brooklynn sleeping with her long necked friend is so adorable!

I'm looking forward to the next one and hearing more about your adventures!

I think these are the first pics I have seen of Pixar Place and TSM. It looks like such a cool area!!

Thanks! I will look into that bag. I'm still trying to decide what I want to carry!

That's cool. I'll have to look up some more pictures of Hollywood to boost your interest, as well. :)

Jill has carried that bag for several years now. She seems to like it very well. I will tell her to come and give you some specifics when she gets a chance. She is swamped at work right now. She is the assistant director at her pre-school, and her director is out on medical leave, so she is carrying a heavy load.

As usual, a wonderful trip report! Thank you for sharing with us all. It's always so fun and I love your pictures -those girls are beautiful, sweet and so precious (as you already know!).
Brooklynn sleeping with her long necked friend is so adorable!

I'm looking forward to the next one and hearing more about your adventures!

They are a huge part of my world, and I love them dearly and love taking Disney trips with them. I hope the have wonderful memories of our time together as they grow up.

I am excited to show those who are not on FB the new pictures of Art of Animation. Also, we were able to go on the double Dumbo and experience the new queue, so I have pictures of that, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter