• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All I want is to find decent food inside Magic Kingdom

Pecos Bill should still be on your list. The problem is that it's not as good as it used to be, so while that is a negative, it still beats out nearly all of the other QS locations at MK.
I would respectfully disagree. In January the food at Pecos Bill's was pretty much inedible. Nasty, flavorless, dried out meat, prepackaged tostitos salsa, and a sad little cup of unripe tomato and shredded letuce. Blech.

I will give another vote to Friar's Nook. Those buffalo tots are darn tasty.

Skipper's is definitely our go to at MK. Pecos is good, but agree with others that it's just not the same without the fixings bar. Harbour House is pretty good as well. We tried the Plaza once and would not go back. The "famous" Plaza fries were meh and both my son and I got sick after eating the Monte Cristo. So.Much.Grease :crazy2:

Everyone but me seems to love the spring rolls in Adventureland. I'm not a fan (too greasy and not all that great) but can accept I'm in the minority so you might give them a try for snack.

I'm not above making a meal out of a Dole whip float in MK due to the lack of other things I like there :rolleyes:.

I know you said you weren't interested in leaving the park, but there are so many great restaurants in the surrounding resorts: Geyser Point, Steakhouse 71, Whispering Canyon, Grand Floridian Cafe for example that I still have to mention them. They are just a boat or monorail away and a great way to escape the heat and crowds for a couple of hours.
I’m with you on leaving the park. MK eating options are horrible compared to the rest of WDW. Leaving the park allows a nice break and reset from the crowdedness and hustle. The ease of hopping the monorail or boats are well worth it. Geyser Point, Whispering and GFC are 3 of my go to spots around MK. I’ll prob try Steak 71 next time.

CHH is good. I had a pretty good turkey sandwich at Cosmic Ray’s a few years ago. As was said, sustenance only at MK.

Oh how we miss BOG QS lunch!! MK food for us is now snacking on spring rolls, dole whips, and maybe split a hot dog and fries at Casey’s. We typically go over to Grand Floridian Cafe on our MK days for a meal. I will say the last time we ate at Tony’s Town Square it had significantly improved. I would go back there if we didn’t already hit Mama Melrose and Trattoria, but we typically do both of those Italian restaurants most trips.

if you have even a barely adventurous palate and like asian style food you should be fine at skipper canteen. (and i mean barely adventurous - SC isn't boma.) cindy's is obviously a whole expensive experience but i was not disappointed by the food. haven't sat down anywhere else in MK and not inclined to, but there are a few decent snacks around as folks have described.

We usually escape MK for meals.

My favorite lunch spot on MK day used to have the best burger on property - Concourse Steakhouse.

Then for a few years it was the Wave for lunch on MK day.

We have eaten at the Plaza many times, meatloaf, Reuben, I also like their full breakfast.

We tend to stick to Columbia Harbor House or Pecos Bill's for QS. We actually like Tony's and feel the quality of the food has improved during a time when it's declined at many other spots. My wife and I like Skipper Canteen, but the kids don't. Liberty Tree Tavern is a safe option, particularly with a larger family.

For our upcoming trip we're going to be spending more time in Magic Kingdom than anywhere else. We have a Skipper Canteen reservation booked as it seems 75% of people love it and 25% of people hate it and I can live with those odds. Aside from that, I want to figure out where in Magic Kingdom we can eat and hopefully get decent food.

I understand I can go to one of the nearby resorts and get amazing food at their restaurants. I'm focused inside Magic Kingdom and probably quick service.

After having discovered Pecos Bill a few years ago I assumed that I would always eat there at every trip to Magic Kingdom. Late last year I discovered it just wasn't the same. Sort of okay, but no longer amazing.

So what are decent food options now? I'm hearing Columbia Harbor House, Sleepy Hollow, and the rolls in Adventureland. If that's it, I'll work with it. Is there anything else decent? Is Pecos Bill still meh?

Thanks!
I think you can find decent food at MK but you won't find one great restaurant that everyone raves about, it just doesn't exist. It's a specific meal or treat at each place for us. Food is totally subjective and what you like, others may say is gross so I've taken some people's recommendations with a grain of salt. Here's my grain of salt......

We still like pecos bills, but only like a few dishes, most are pretty meh. We like Pinocchio village haus flatbreads but if they're not fresh, it's like eating the paper plate it's served on. We always stop at the egg roll cart in adventureland, overpriced but all the rolls are pretty good. Sleepy Hollow is good for sweets, Casey's is good for some basic dogs and nuggets. We like the Plaza and enjoy most of the sandwiches and desserts there. The loaded fries there are great. We like LTT but the quality is hit or miss for sure. And we do really enjoy Be our Guest, we've found most of the meals from there to be pretty good.

I think you can find decent food at MK but you won't find one great restaurant that everyone raves about, it just doesn't exist. It's a specific meal or treat at each place for us. Food is totally subjective and what you like, others may say is gross so I've taken some people's recommendations with a grain of salt. Here's my grain of salt......

We still like pecos bills, but only like a few dishes, most are pretty meh. We like Pinocchio village haus flatbreads but if they're not fresh, it's like eating the paper plate it's served on. We always stop at the egg roll cart in adventureland, overpriced but all the rolls are pretty good. Sleepy Hollow is good for sweets, Casey's is good for some basic dogs and nuggets. We like the Plaza and enjoy most of the sandwiches and desserts there. The loaded fries there are great. We like LTT but the quality is hit or miss for sure. And we do really enjoy Be our Guest, we've found most of the meals from there to be pretty good.

I'm guessing eating food that tastes like paper plates isn't what you like about Pinocchio Village Haus? What do you like about it?

I'm guessing eating food that tastes like paper plates isn't what you like about Pinocchio Village Haus? What do you like about it?
LOL- more times than not, they are fresh. We go when it's fairly busy so you know it's not been sitting under a heat lamp all day. If you go on an off time, I think you run the risk of it being like cardboard. I also like the balcony upstairs so if it's open we sit up there at PVH. It's def not the best food but for that view, I will make some sacrifices. They used to also have a chocolate brownie that had mickey shaped sprinkles on it, don't think that's made it back on the menu :(

Ugh, MK was the toughest park for us for sure. We like Columbia Harbour House but on our third MK day we wanted to venture out so we tried Pecos Bills and it was awful. The guys working the pick up counter were super nice but I had to go back three times because of things that had gotten messed up. When I finally got back to the table the last time, two of my kids said "um, our Uncrustables are...crunchy." If you can't even get a pre-made frozen food correct, there's an issue. My husband is still bringing up the fact (a month later) that we should have just stuck with CHH.

It really is tough and the TS places aren't much better in terms of choices. We were going to dine at The Plaza since we liked it last time, but with the last menu change we couldn't get everyone on board. If Tony's had pizza we would have gone but pasta in August in Florida is just not appealing. We did monorail over to Grand Floridian Cafe and that was nice!

The only place I eat inside every theme park is the Starbucks .
The peach green tea lemonade is very refreshing… and a decent selection food items. Always polite and very busy .
The new Connections Cafe at EPCOT …! Perfect
Same!

Can't speak from experience, but I've heard after the last menu "refresh" that it's absolute crap.

In the past we've enjoyed it a lot but the newer reviews don't paint a pretty picture.

I was there in August, and it was terrible. The only thing that was decent was the tomato bisque soup my husband had. Everything else was awful.

We had CHH on our 2018 trip and it was good. I wish we had done that for dinner last week instead of Casey's. By the time we got our food, all the tables were full and we had to stand around for 10 minutes before a standing table opened up. I guess people were starting to stake out tables for fireworks at 6:30. Tons of people sitting and not eating. I wish we had done CHH again, for the seating issue and the food. I was not impressed with our footlong.

For QS, CCH used to be our go to, but not after our May trip. My salmon was served in a small cardboard container, in lieu of the soak-proof plate, as pictured, which became soaked with the hot entree. Also, my wife's salad with chicken was more like an appetizer than a main course. A small bit of salad with 2 tiny chicken strips.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter