All monorails down 2/1

beachwarmer

<font color=deeppink>Thanks very much for the extr
Just waiting for boat to WL. There is a large boat on the GF route, and access to parking lots by ferry only.

Lines are huge and the park is not closed yet. Anyone know the reason? Hoping it is just a mechanical issue.

Thanks.

All monorails? Even the ones to EPCOT from the TTC? If it's that big of an outage it may have to do with electricity along the monorail lines. Just a pure guess though.

Still don't know the why, but am told that at least the MK ones were back operating in time for the closing rush at Mk.

I know this doesn't provide an answer. But we were there Jan 16-22 and they were having all KINDS of trouble with all three loops. We were thankful that we were staying at the WL and had the boat access to the MK. "Well, the monorail is down again," became an often used phrase that week.

I had heard they were down, and that really hurts right now because we are short a cruiser and launch so there isn't much ability to shuffle boats around.

I know tron-o-rail has been on express due to mechanical issues. They don't want it to be on EPCOT and risk a breakdown given the amount of time and disruption required to tow it to shop.

I don't know any of the reasons for the disruptions though. I do know Orange is in refurbishment right now so they only have 10 trains instead of 11.

Sounds like they need to bring Bob Gurr out of retirement.

Yeah, poor Orange, it will come back out and be worse than it was when it went in for its extended rehab.

We were on the express loop over MLK weekend Monorail Teal was broken down in the MK station. We were stuck for almost an hour! We were right over where they keep the Electrical Water Pagaent. It wasn't too bad, we were thankfull it wasn't a ski lift! They gave us a FP for our inconvienence. It sounded like they had been having some problems for a while involving monorail reliability. It may be time to place an order with Bombardier for some new trains!

Poor Monorails. I hope Disney can get them fixed properly.

I'm very glad I'm not staying on any of the monorail resorts soon. I would be very frustrated if I had to sit on one for an hour or more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter