All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

It's such a pain in the butt to buy DVC for most Canadians because you can't buy from Disney at home from most provinces. You have to buy on site and it's such a huge decision. We bought our first contract in 2005 from Disney. We bought a second contract through resale. Both were 200pt contracts at SSR.

we own at BLT and have used points at BLT, SSR, BWV, OKW and VB. Wish we had of known about resale. It is nice to move around to learn the differences between all the resorts. We are typically points misers but it is hard to resist those 1 br at OKW. We do love VB for a place to relax. nice and peaceful there. One daughter and I thought about heading down for the 24 hr. event Fly down on Wednesday am. Wednesday afternoon and evening at one park, Thursday at 2 parks, check out of the hotel Friday AM at 5 to go to MK and stay for the 24. Could have had a flight home at 10 through Montreal. Anyway I think with that schedule it is wise we arent going. We will be down in November, not sure we will be using points as we will attending CMN Celebration at WDW. Last year the event was at Coronodo Springs and rooms were $129/ night even to stay a week later so didnt use points. Anyway it is good to see all the NB people that are members

We are NB DVC'ers too. Started resale with 50 SSR. Of course that wasn't enough and bought 100 AKV resale again. And then when sales started for VGF last june, we did a quick weekend getaway to buy 85 VGF points. And we're still constantly in a borrowing situation. Leaving in 3 days for our first stay at VGF.

We are NB DVC'ers too. Started resale with 50 SSR. Of course that wasn't enough and bought 100 AKV resale again. And then when sales started for VGF last june, we did a quick weekend getaway to buy 85 VGF points. And we're still constantly in a borrowing situation. Leaving in 3 days for our first stay at VGF.

Where in NB are you Vikki? We have not stayed at VGF yet. I think we are going in June/July and I just booked it this week so all I could get was SSR & AKV (but I did luck into 5 nights in a Value studio). In November, we are trying VFW for the first time and hopefully BCV is my waitlist comes through. I did have VGF for one night but I did not want to switch 3 times in a week.

Have fun on your trip to VGF - I hear it's beautiful! I have only been there to eat :)

Wow, VGF that would be nice. I am sure you will like it. we always try to get over to GF for a meal just to enjoy the atmosphere. We are on the verge of finalizing aeroplan flights to go for a short 5 nighter to enjoy all the christmas decorations and activities. Great to see all the NBers posting. Enjoy your trips

Registration is now open for the NS DIS Meet for GKTW!!!!
We have a weekend of fun planned and already some amazing prizes for our main event.
Our host hotel is the Courtyard by Marriott, just ask for the NS DIS meet rate.

http://www.courtyardhalifax.com/?gcl...FeJDMgodVm4AvQ

All of our events are family friendly and for those who want to channel their inner pirate, we encourage like attire for our harbour cruise on Saturday night. Last year this was non stop laughter.

We have our own Face Book page or

2014 NS DIS Meet Itinerary
Friday August 8
Lunch at Chickenburger
Trip/Tour Peggy’s Cove Area
Dinner at Stayner’s Wharf, Halifax -6:00pm
See Menu for Group Dining
-Adults $32.00 incl. tax & gratuity
Ghost Walk at the Citadel
-Adults $10.00 Children $7.00

Saturday August 9
Lunch at Luckett’s Vineyard, Grand Pre
-See Menu & Pricing
Tour of the Wolfville area
Dinner on your own
Pirate/Harbour Cruise

Sunday August 10
Main Event - Springfield Lake Rec. Centre
- Ages 10 & up - $10.00 each

Monday August 11
Tour of Lunenburg

If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me.

Registration is now open for the NS DIS Meet for GKTW!!!!
We have a weekend of fun planned and already some amazing prizes for our main event.
Our host hotel is the Courtyard by Marriott, just ask for the NS DIS meet rate.

http://www.courtyardhalifax.com/?gcl...FeJDMgodVm4AvQ

All of our events are family friendly and for those who want to channel their inner pirate, we encourage like attire for our harbour cruise on Saturday night. Last year this was non stop laughter.

We have our own Face Book page or

2014 NS DIS Meet Itinerary
Friday August 8
Lunch at Chickenburger
Trip/Tour Peggy’s Cove Area
Dinner at Stayner’s Wharf, Halifax -6:00pm
See Menu for Group Dining
-Adults $32.00 incl. tax & gratuity
Ghost Walk at the Citadel
-Adults $10.00 Children $7.00

Saturday August 9
Lunch at Luckett’s Vineyard, Grand Pre
-See Menu & Pricing
Tour of the Wolfville area
Dinner on your own
Pirate/Harbour Cruise

Sunday August 10
Main Event - Springfield Lake Rec. Centre
- Ages 10 & up - $10.00 each

Monday August 11
Tour of Lunenburg

If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me.

Can't wait! :banana:

So I am finishing up my walk at fundy national park and a MDX goes by with a plate that says. LUV DVC. Pretty cool. Wish we could have had a chat.

At 7 am this morning we tried to make a BOG reservation for Nov 30 which is 180 days out. Nothing available. You can reserve an additional 10 days out from the start of your resort reservation so we tried foe Dec 3. Nothing available. Incredible. Restaurant seats almost 600. Anyway we will keep trying. Hope for a cancelation to help us out

Hoping all you folks from Moncton are staying safe. What a horrible tragedy. My thoughts are with the city.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I can't help but thinking of the families of the RCMP killed or injured in Moncton. I don't know if it is Sadness or Anger that I feel right now, it goes back and forth. Moncton, Halifax is with you!

At 7 am this morning we tried to make a BOG reservation for Nov 30 which is 180 days out. Nothing available. You can reserve an additional 10 days out from the start of your resort reservation so we tried foe Dec 3. Nothing available. Incredible. Restaurant seats almost 600. Anyway we will keep trying. Hope for a cancelation to help us out

hi you might just want to keep checking that is the us thanksgiving weekend most busy holiday in the states its the parks most busy weekend and expected to be more busy the christmas time... if i were you i would keep checkin everyday we will be there in the same time but we decided to leave the 28th friday morning for a 4 day cruise then come back when the crowds calm a bit!!! where are you coming from? we will be leaving nov 18 from moncton

Have any Atlantic Canadians attended this event? We are thinking to go October 31 - I know it is a sell out event but we will be buying tickets shortly. Thoughts? Our girls are 12 and 14. Does everyone dress up? My husband wants to dress as a Canadian (he is not much for Halloween but indulges my Disney obsession so we are good to go!).

Also, when do the Christmas decorations go up? can I straddle both decorating seasons?

Last year we went in August and on the last weekend, they started putting pumpkins everywhere - I guess thats what "got me in the mood" for this trip. Let me know, thanks.

hi you might just want to keep checking that is the us thanksgiving weekend most busy holiday in the states its the parks most busy weekend and expected to be more busy the christmas time... if i were you i would keep checkin everyday we will be there in the same time but we decided to leave the 28th friday morning for a 4 day cruise then come back when the crowds calm a bit!!! where are you coming from? we will be leaving nov 18 from moncton

Hello, Yes we will be trying often to get that coveted reservation. we are used to being persistent on this stuff. We went to Hawaii in January and we had 5 itinerary changes before we got there. Anyway, we are only arriving on Saturday of the Thanksgiving weekend. We are not going to the parks that day and Sunday evening is MVMCP so we hoped we had a chance to get a reservation on Sunday, but not so far. We are flying from Halifax and Moncton on the 29th. There is 6 of us, 3 from each airport. We are only there 5 nights. Where are you from? Not too hard to tell where we are from. At least 2 of us.

Have any Atlantic Canadians attended this event? We are thinking to go October 31 - I know it is a sell out event but we will be buying tickets shortly. Thoughts? Our girls are 12 and 14. Does everyone dress up? My husband wants to dress as a Canadian (he is not much for Halloween but indulges my Disney obsession so we are good to go!).

Also, when do the Christmas decorations go up? can I straddle both decorating seasons?

Last year we went in August and on the last weekend, they started putting pumpkins everywhere - I guess thats what "got me in the mood" for this trip. Let me know, thanks.

Hello, We have done this event 3 times. We do enjoy it. As a matter of fact we liked it so much last year we went a second time a couple of days later. Hallowishes are just spectacular. One of our group of 5 dresses up a little and quite a few people do dress up. I am very sure the 31 sells out in advance. As for Christmas decorations I think you can find that info on a board somewhere. I imagine they start taking the Halloween down on Nov 1. I do not know if they put Christmas up as they are taking the Halloween down or completely strip the Halloween first. I have read that the parks get decorated before resorts. After being there with either Halloween or Christmas decorations up I have to say the park looks pretty blah when neither are up. Have a good trip and enjoy the show

DVCALMA we are from moncton i would guess you are from Alma? Would be nice to meet fellow maritimers lol and ti say the xmas decorations if im right will be up around nov 5 to 10 cant really remember but somewhere around there... The halloween party is awesome im not one to dress up but we went as Dr's withthe hospital scrubs was great light comfy and after splash mtn dried off in like 5 min also the party is really great for no wait times at all

We attended MNSSHP last Nov1st - it was the last day!! It was great , hubby and I didn't dress up either!! Just the kids dressed up - DD who is 12 and I waited in line for 1.5 hrs so she could get pics with Jack Skellington and Sally!!
She was overjoyed!! DS5 loved going to the different areas and getting candy!!
We swung by MK the next day on our way to Ohana and the Christmas decorations were already up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter