All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

Forgot to add we leave on April 11th for 15 days :cool1:

I believe Ted from Halifax got back a few days ago but have not seen any updates on his trip :-)

Just got back on Wednesday. The crowds weren't nearly as bad as I expected!

A friend is there now and said yesterday Hollywood Studios was empty....spring break hasn't really started up yet down there.

I think it's been quiet here because we've been hibernating....

Hockey mom: OT just because of your name I thought this might be of interest, our grandson's hockey won thePeeWee AAA provincials and is now headed to Newfoundland next week for Atlantics. Quite exciting, if we weren't going to Orlando it would be to Cornerbrook.

Hockey mom: OT just because of your name I thought this might be of interest, our grandson's hockey won thePeeWee AAA provincials and is now headed to Newfoundland next week for Atlantics. Quite exciting, if we weren't going to Orlando it would be to Cornerbrook.

Yeah Corner Brook would be my first choice too. :rotfl2: (It's ok, I was born there, I'm allowed to slag it.;) )

Congrats to your grandson's team, Dennise, and good luck to them in NL.

Wow, it is nice to see that Atlantic Canada is well represented here on the DISboards! This is the first I've come across this thread, so hi from Saint John, NB!! We are planning our first visit to Disney in about....34 days!!!

Inga from Halifax....have been a DISer since the olden days ;). DH with no kids, go to WDW all the time since we have been married, 20 years married this year! Didn't get to go as a child which I think is part of the madness! DVCer since ?2005? Lost count of trips. See signature below. Heading to WDW with DH and DSis + fam in Sept...can't wait! BCV here we come!

Inga

Inga from Halifax....have been a DISer since the olden days ;). DH with no kids, go to WDW all the time since we have been married, 20 years married this year! Didn't get to go as a child which I think is part of the madness! DVCer since ?2005? Lost count of trips. See signature below. Heading to WDW with DH and DSis + fam in Sept...can't wait! BCV here we come!

Inga

We are celebrating 40 years of marriage this year and enjoy Disney as much now as we did our first trip, just do different things :rotfl2:. Looking forward to going with our grandchildren and family next year.

Inge, will you be able to join your fellow DISERS at our meet in Sackville this summer?

Some of this is a copy and paste from another thread:

Well we would love to have you.

As it stands now, the main event is Sunday August 11 from 1-4 in Middle Sackville Nova Scotia. Tickets are $10.00 each for anyone 10 and over. That will give you 5 penny auction tickets. Last year we had 42 door prizes, 70 penny auction and 30 or 40 silent auction items. We have ALOT of freebies in the kid section. Disney tattoos, crowns, crafts, swords etc. The event starts at 1 with an hour to bid, socialize, eat, whatever. From 2-3 we sing, dance, hoot n' whatever to the band, who wrote a song called Give Kids The World, which GKTW has a copy of and plan to use in the future. From 3-4 we will draw for the prizes.

We are planning a full day Saturday which will be touring as a group and then possibly a harbour cruise that night.....more info and possibly a survey of guests as time gets closer.

Friday night will be determined depending on how many folks get in and when. Also last year, there was the infamous trip to Prince Edward Island on Monday.

Hope that helps and we would love to roll out the Maritime Hospitality. PM any questions

Last year Teresa and Kathy from the DIS enjoyed 5 days with us. Our event surprised us all with a total of over $5500!!!!
Pete has said that he would like the whole team to come this year. If you are on the boards, you will have a blast......imagine a whole room of Disney freaks!!! For some of the frequent posters, it is also cool to meet the person belonging to the name.

Forgot to add we leave on April 11th for 15 days :cool1:

I believe Ted from Halifax got back a few days ago but have not seen any updates on his trip :-)

Yes, I've returned from Disney (I am delayed in posting this because I went to Brazil afterwards, which burned up any surplus energy that I had!)

Overall the trip went well. Flights from Halifax were good. On the way down we stopped over at EWR and on the way back it was ORD. Our arrival time at MCO was midnight, so that threw us a little off.

Spent the first 12 nights at POP with the play stay and dine package. The pop was fine, although 12 nights is a long stay. After this we went to Animal Kingdom lodge for 6 nights. We upgraded our passes to the annual passes and used "we go shop" for groceries, with one night at BOMA.

I found the parks very busy on our last week. We mainly hit the packs in the AM and then returned to the resort for the afternoon. I'm pondering a late august trip and a mid December trip. Still searching for airfare!

Just a question to those that have done the park and fly stay at the Hojo in Portland.Do you have to stay there when you return? If not,is there a cheap way to get back to the hotel or can you use the shuttle? I have never done this before so not sure.:confused3

No return stay needed. Just give them a call when you get your bags at baggage claim - they will send the van over to get you. Make sure you keep their # handy - they do not have a phone at the airport.

No return stay needed. Just give them a call when you get your bags at baggage claim - they will send the van over to get you. Make sure you keep their # handy - they do not have a phone at the airport.

that makes things so much easier

Just a question to those that have done the park and fly stay at the Hojo in Portland.Do you have to stay there when you return? If not,is there a cheap way to get back to the hotel or can you use the shuttle? I have never done this before so not sure.:confused3

You can stay before or after, we have done both from this Hojos. Absolutely best way to fly from Portland. Shuttle is free both ways, as OP stated.

We base our decision on a traditional Park & Fly or a reverse Park & Fly on our flights. One trip we had a late departure from Portland and a late arrival after our trip - so we chose the reverse park and fly where we stayed after we landed back in Portland. Saving me the the five hour drive home after a busy travel day! :thumbsup2

From our chats with the shuttle drivers on our trips, NB/NS residents are the primary source of their park and fly business.

Group bookings...who knew??!!

If any other Maritimer's are planning a Disney Cruise (or any cruise for that matter or just looking for flights) for next April, 2014 let me know. We're looking at leaving Friday April 25, 2014 Halifax to Miami returning Sunday May 4, 2014 Miami to Halifax!

We'd love to do a group booking with Air Canada. I've called and the price is great! Plus you only need a deposit of $50 at time of booking with full payment due 30 days before travel. How sweet is that?? Who knew??!!!! lol

We should have a thread here pinned for Group Bookings for people to post on/join to help cut back on those high airfares from Halifax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter