All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

Group bookings...who knew??!!

If any other Maritimer's are planning a Disney Cruise (or any cruise for that matter or just looking for flights) for next April, 2014 let me know. We're looking at leaving Friday April 25, 2014 Halifax to Miami returning Sunday May 4, 2014 Miami to Halifax!

We'd love to do a group booking with Air Canada. I've called and the price is great! Plus you only need a deposit of $50 at time of booking with full payment due 30 days before travel. How sweet is that?? Who knew??!!!! lol

We should have a thread here pinned for Group Bookings for people to post on/join to help cut back on those high airfares from Halifax.

Wow! What are the approximate price savings? And how many do you need for a group? Can't so April but I think this is a great option!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Wow! What are the approximate price savings? And how many do you need for a group? Can't so April but I think this is a great option!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I called Air Canada Group Bookings again earlier as I wanted to know the in's and out's should someone cancel and I received more information.

To do a group booking you need 10 people. I also learned that everyone doesn't need to fly out of the same airport but rather just to the same destination and return the same day from the same destination. She gave me the scenario of "if uncle Bob lived in Vancouver and was going to Miami the same day we were then he would be in the group". She said as long as we all went to the same destination on the same day and left the destination the same day we could book as a group.

She also told me "Uncle Bob's" rates would be based on his home airport and ours would be based on ours (Halifax). She said it's $50 per person to book and your balance is due 30 days before departure. Should the fares drop anytime before we go they would adjust the rates.

When I called this morning the gentleman I was speaking with said the fares weren't out yet BUT he could give me a price that he thought would be VERY close (the lady I spoke later on told me often Air Canada has the rates but they aren't uploaded online until 333 days before departure and that's probably how he knew the price or could give me a close estimate). The gentleman also told me (which we all already know), it's based on seat availability, that's what drives up the price of seats...so it's better to book early.

As for cancellations, as long as the group maintains at 10 people everything remains the same and the person's deposit is fully refundable should they cancel prior to final payment. If the group drops below 10 then full tickets would issued at that time based on the rates at the time.

The number I called was the Air Canada Group Bookings toll free number on their website: 1-888-567-4160

Flying out of the West Coast of NL is gross price wise. My only choice for Oct is AC. Today flights are 4600 for us and our 3 kids. Any tips on booking? Waiting until Summer to book? Help!

Flying out of the West Coast of NL is gross price wise. My only choice for Oct is AC. Today flights are 4600 for us and our 3 kids. Any tips on booking? Waiting until Summer to book? Help!

Hi fellow Newfoundlander :wave2: I live in the Central region and we usually have to fly out of YYT for the better deal. We are going down in a couple of week and flying with WestJet direct to MCO. I always find its best to book early to get the best deals.

Hi fellow Newfoundlander :wave2: I live in the Central region and we usually have to fly out of YYT for the better deal. We are going down in a couple of week and flying with WestJet direct to MCO. I always find its best to book early to get the best deals.

We did that our last trip. We did a west jet vac package. I'm finding though that even though my 2 year old is free in Dis and a 4 person room is allowed they can't book our family of 5 into one. I have to book our package right through Dis and flights alone. Skipping the 8 hour drive before and after our Vac I am glad to be missing though :)

We did that our last trip. We did a west jet vac package. I'm finding though that even though my 2 year old is free in Dis and a 4 person room is allowed they can't book our family of 5 into one. I have to book our package right through Dis and flights alone. Skipping the 8 hour drive before and after our Vac I am glad to be missing though :)

That long drive is not fun I know :drive:. I never book vacation packages I always book things like flights and Disney separate and I book everything myself. I like having full control of everything.

Hi fellow Newfoundlanders :) I'm in St. John's but have spent alot of time in Central :) Heading to Disney in less than 4 weeks, can't wait!

Hi fellow Newfoundlanders :) I'm in St. John's but have spent alot of time in Central :) Heading to Disney in less than 4 weeks, can't wait!

Hi:) I'm on the West Coast-hubby works offshore St. John's so we spend a fair bit of time out that way.

Here at Bonnet Creek Resort now, temps 27C and sunny.

Great resort, one bedroom with a view of the lake.:beach:

this question is for people whom have flown out of Portland.I plan on doing so and am thinking of a early morning flight,say around 6am.My question is,when should I get at the airport? I know that they say 1 1/2- 2 hrs but was wondering if 5am would be ok.I would only need to go through security as I will have already checked in and have my boarding pass.

thanks.

I think 5am should be fine. I would just book your drive from the Hotel at 4:30am and arrive at the airport at say 4:40am. I actually think security etc may not start until 5am. Others?

I agree with Ted, 5 am should be plenty of time. Even with several departing flights and a security line with 50 + passengers we didn't wait more than 15 min to proceed through. What took longer was waiting for the airline counter to open. Last flew Air Tran on the first flight of the day and had to wait more than 30 min for staff to open the counter.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using DISBoards

thanks for the info.Good to know 5am should be ok.I don't think I will need to go to the counter as I will check in online.I am hoping to be flying Southwest.

We leave for a last minute trip on Sunday.

Booked it last Sunday: direct flights on WestJet (used RBC MC companion ticket and Avion points) and was able to have a pretty good pick of DVC resorts at 2 weeks out (1BR at OKW, SSR, AKV were all available), and since we haven't been to Saratoga Springs in a few years we decided to "Go home". :)

Flights for this summer are terrible! We're hoping to go from Aug 18-28, or until the 30th. My friend is a nurse and she got those two weeks for holidays, so we are limited. We don't know the new school calendar yet, I could be going back to work on the 29th, or on the Tuesday after Labour Day! Everything is over $600 out of Charlottetown. I still have a credit with WJ for a flight I cancelled, but I'll fly another airline if they have a better deal. We'd fly out of Halifax, but my friend is still having some hip issues, so we'd rather not have to drive too long. The flights are long enough.

There was a price drop on SW and we now have a credit for the price difference. Interestingly, the price is back up today. Guess it pays to watch ;)

Thought I would pass this along to fellow Maritimers. We just returned from 14 night stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (April 11 to 25) and it is the next best thing to staying at a Disney Resort, in fact you have to enter Disney property to get access to WBC. We rented the timeshare through a broker. :beach:

For anyone wanting to save some $$$ and have a lots room close to Disney I would highly recommend WBC. We had a one bedroom deluxe unit with full kitchen for $1,260 US. Notes rates vary greatly thought the year. :thumbsup2

There is a ton of info on WBC on this board but you may want to start with the following;
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2114303

Possible timeshare brokers you may want to obtain quotes from;

http://vacationstrategy.com/
http://www.vacationupgrades.com/
http://www.bonnetcreekvacationrentals.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter