All questions about 5X Rewards here...

We're doing this also. Ours was Apr - Sept over $250 (first one we ever got)

June bill = 30 bonus
July bill = 53 bonus
Aug bill = 56 bonus
Sept bill = 31 bonus

There was nothing on the May statement concerning the bonus rewards, so I would think that it will show up all the way through Nov.

I'm super excited because I'm hoping after Aug and Sept show up we might have almost enough to cover our family of 6 on the Dining Plan for a week! :woohoo:

of course by the time we're planning on going back it probably won't be enought :rotfl:

Does anyone remember if the 5x rewards included just airlines or did it include all travel, i.e. Disney travel eligible for the 0% interest offer?

TIA

The offers can be different from cardholder to another. Mine was for airline tickets but not for travel in general.

Disney packages are eligible for the 6 months at 0% interest. Room-only or ticket purchases are not. In addition, if you book thru a 3rd party like Expedia or Southwest Vacations, your vacation is not eligible.

I haven't gotten any of the 3X or 5X rewards points (and I'm a Day 1 cardholder, too!), but earlier this summer I got a postcard that said if I pay my telecommunications bill as a recurring payment on my credit card for 2 months between July and SEptember, I'd get 25 bonus points. I quickly changed my phone and cell bills and got the 25 bonus points. perhaps that is what you have as well.

with the 5x rewards, typically it takes 6 - 8 weeks after the end of the program to get those bonus points...

I got my bonus points for this already. Just in time because we leave in 5 days!! Now I have to remember where I can get the card at DTD!

:yay: Bumping for everyone who signed up for the July-Aug.-Sept. 5x Rewards :yay:

Today is Sept 24!!! You have 6 days left to the month!! If you have any purchases to make in your 5x categories, get them done soon. This will be your last chance to grab those bonus points! Who knows when it will be offered again! :thumbsup2

If I didn't sign up where would I call to find out if I'm eligible? And will they count what I spent on Disney Visa before we signed up?

Last month we put our airline tickets on Disney Visa.

DD has a card she has not used for months.

Yesterday she got an offer for 5X on everything she charges between now and Dec. up to $200 in bonus rewards.

Looks like I'll try to charge $4000 on her card between now and Christmas in order to collect.

Is there anyway to know what category merchants report their transactions to be before you purchase from them? I just got an offer for 5x off $750 from Oct. - Nov. My flyer says wholesalers and warehouses don't count. I will shop at the smaller non-chain grocery but I'd like to know beforehand if they report as grocery or other. Same with the gas stations. Is there a list somewhere?

Nothing .......no bonus points offers and we charge everything and then pay it off every month. I guess they just don't like me...:confused3

I called and they said there has never been one on your account and I am a Day 1 member!!!!

Is there anyway to know what category merchants report their transactions to be before you purchase from them? I just got an offer for 5x off $750 from Oct. - Nov. My flyer says wholesalers and warehouses don't count. I will shop at the smaller non-chain grocery but I'd like to know beforehand if they report as grocery or other. Same with the gas stations. Is there a list somewhere?

Well, I'm sure Chase has a list but they're not sharing it! :rotfl2:

Seriously though, there is no way to tell ahead of time. Chase will not look up individual merchants for you. Now if you were to get your statement and notice that you're not getting the rewards you expected you can always call Chase to find out why. But the canned response is that they have no control over how a merchant chooses to list its category.

I've been getting the extra points from my Disney card for July, Aug and Sep. Got an extra $54 for July!! Anyway, I am going to get a gas gift card for a friend that's having to make trips back and forth to a hospital out of town. Has anyone bought a gift card and received the extra reward? Also, this made me think if I went and bought, say, a $500 grocery store card that I might could get the extra there too.

What do you think?

I've purchased GCs at grocery stores and I've gotten the credit. These were not gas GCs. They were Kohl's, McDonald's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, etc. I have gotten credit for them in the past. I'm not sure how they would handle it if you were to buy a gas card at a gas station.

I was SHOCKED today when I got a postcard for October, November and December and I have to spend $500 in ANY category - I checked and double checked and there are no specific categories! I am so excited b/c I am going on a cruise and to Disney so I will definately be using my card for all of that!!!

I had a promotion back in the spring and they were asking for a high dollar amount I think it was $1000 if I spent in gas, groceries, and airline tickets (I believe, can't remember). I tried to get the extra bonus but didn't receive any, I charged everything, but then I discovered it had to be in these areas only which I didn't do.

I think I'm going to stop using my card for a while and hopefully receive another postcard with a lower dollar amount. We'll use my DH's card in order to earn those airline pts. he has a different card.

I've purchased GCs at grocery stores and I've gotten the credit. These were not gas GCs. They were Kohl's, McDonald's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, etc. I have gotten credit for them in the past. I'm not sure how they would handle it if you were to buy a gas card at a gas station.

This is how we manage our gas budget every month. We charge $250 in Speedway gift cards at the beginning of the month. This earns us Disney Visa points as well as Speedway rewards points. Then when we use the gift cards throughout the month, we earn additional Speedway points. :thumbsup2

When the Disney Visa is doing the 5x thing, we often buy two or three months' worth of gas cards during a single month to make sure we hit the minimum threshold for the bonus.

We just got the new Oct-Dec 5x offer postcard today. Our minimum for the last 3 months was $750, but it dropped to $500 for the next 3. :)

I just got 2 of these in the mail today. One for our joint account that we use for absolutely everything. That one is 5x with a $1000 minimun for Dining, Gas, Groceries and Airline purchase. Well, we buy gas at Costco, they don't take Visa, and buy groceries at Target, which isn't classified as grocery.
For my dh's individual card, which is NEVER used, his is just 5x on everything with no minimum at all. I wonder if I could use the code on his offer to enroll our joint card?

Nope just tried that no luck.

Just signed up for this offer also. We have to spend over $1000 a month in the usual 4 categories. Probably won't spend the amount needed, but it'll be nice to be signed up just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter