All Star Appreciation Post

zebrastreyepz

DIS Veteran
Last August, even though we had said we would never choose All Star anything, we ended up at Music for a last minute trip.

We were prepared to endure it.

What we weren't prepared to do was enjoy it as much as we did!

So this year rolls around with its usual talk of "where do you want to stay" and the budget allows for something new.

But when we look at our needs with a couple of medical considerations, All Stars is our resort choice!

Our deciders had to do with room size (shock, I know) and food court availability.

DH gets up early and he has diabetes. So, he needs to eat at certain times and eat certain things and a pop tart or muffin in the room to hold him until we get to the parks won't work. All Stars food courts open at 630AM allowing us to get him the breakfast he needs to start his day with his meds AND get to the parks for EE.

I now use a scooter at WDW. It started last August when I discovered I needed one for the first time ever even though I didn't know why. Trip to chiropractor in January and I learn I at some point in my life broke my back! And my old injury coincides with these new walking problems. Anyhoose, as Paging Mr. Morrow says, I need a scooter for distance walking.

The rooms at All Stars have the murphy bed, which we don't use. So now I have space in my room to park the scooter overnight and charge it!

I had heard complaints over the years about noise level at All Stars, but we only heard someone with their suitcases one time while we were there. We were on the 3rd floor NOT facing the courtyard area which probably helped. We had a connected room that was occupied and never heard those folks.

The pocket door to the bathroom area is awesome! It provides a way for DH to get up early and get ready and I am not bothered by the light.

And the cast members were outstanding!

The only way I foresee us NOT staying at All Stars is if we can rent a DVC Studio in the future (there was no availability for this year), which I would enjoy, too.

But for now, All Stars is our "home" resort.

I'm currently planning a girls trip for this fall. We are considering staying at All Star Music due to the savings. I'm a little nervous because we've only been staying deluxe or CSR Club level.

I'm currently planning a girls trip for this fall. We are considering staying at All Star Music due to the savings. I'm a little nervous because we've only been staying deluxe or CSR Club level.
We didn't regret it at all!

It definitely has its own perks, IMO.

Are you looking at the suites at ASMu?

However you choose, I hope you have an amazing time!

Welcome to the club of still having great trips and best yet, saving a lot of $$ while you are doing it. Once the skyliner was available at POP, that has been our goto resort. We are a family of 4 that includes 2 teen DDs and still do not have an issue with the value room size.
What kept us from Pop was that the food court opens later and that doesn't work for DH. Otherwise, we'd have stayed there.

I will be honest with you, there are a lot of Deluxe people that just cannot adapt to the size of a value room, no balcony or no indoor hallways, or having only 1 sink and normally only bus transportation. We have stayed at all 3 levels and, for us, I will say that the room can add to our vacation but it has never detracted from us having a great time. Hopefully that makes sense. LOL But I cannot say enough about the amount of $$ we save. The last 5-6 trips we constantly look at either Mod or Deluxe, but have such a harder time now trying to justify the extra expense.
The OP only has 2 people so having the murphy bed always up makes the room feel a lot bigger.

We didn't regret it at all!

It definitely has its own perks, IMO.

Are you looking at the suites at ASMu?

However you choose, I hope you have an amazing time!
We booked our reservation today! There's just 2 of us so we just went with a preferred room. With the discount that I have it was cheaper to stay at AKL than to stay in a ASMu suite. It was hard to pass up AKL but we're going with it & using the additional money to pay for our MNSSHP tickets!

I will be honest with you, there are a lot of Deluxe people that just cannot adapt to the size of a value room, no balcony or no indoor hallways, or having only 1 sink and normally only bus transportation. We have stayed at all 3 levels and, for us, I will say that the room can add to our vacation but it has never detracted from us having a great time. Hopefully that makes sense. LOL But I cannot say enough about the amount of $$ we save. The last 5-6 trips we constantly look at either Mod or Deluxe, but have such a harder time now trying to justify the extra expense.
The OP only has 2 people so having the murphy bed always up makes the room feel a lot bigger.
I am fearful that I have become a deluxe snob & this will be mentally hard, LOL! But I'm using the logic of what all we can do with the additional money we will be saving! This is my first girl's trip to WDW ever. She hasn't been in probably 20+ years. We are going to have a blast!

Last August, even though we had said we would never choose All Star anything, we ended up at Music for a last minute trip.

We were prepared to endure it.

What we weren't prepared to do was enjoy it as much as we did!

So this year rolls around with its usual talk of "where do you want to stay" and the budget allows for something new.

But when we look at our needs with a couple of medical considerations, All Stars is our resort choice!

Our deciders had to do with room size (shock, I know) and food court availability.

DH gets up early and he has diabetes. So, he needs to eat at certain times and eat certain things and a pop tart or muffin in the room to hold him until we get to the parks won't work. All Stars food courts open at 630AM allowing us to get him the breakfast he needs to start his day with his meds AND get to the parks for EE.

I now use a scooter at WDW. It started last August when I discovered I needed one for the first time ever even though I didn't know why. Trip to chiropractor in January and I learn I at some point in my life broke my back! And my old injury coincides with these new walking problems. Anyhoose, as Paging Mr. Morrow says, I need a scooter for distance walking.

The rooms at All Stars have the murphy bed, which we don't use. So now I have space in my room to park the scooter overnight and charge it!

I had heard complaints over the years about noise level at All Stars, but we only heard someone with their suitcases one time while we were there. We were on the 3rd floor NOT facing the courtyard area which probably helped. We had a connected room that was occupied and never heard those folks.

The pocket door to the bathroom area is awesome! It provides a way for DH to get up early and get ready and I am not bothered by the light.

And the cast members were outstanding!

The only way I foresee us NOT staying at All Stars is if we can rent a DVC Studio in the future (there was no availability for this year), which I would enjoy, too.

But for now, All Stars is our "home" resort.
We stayed at All Star Music for our January trip. It was me and my 62 year old mom. We’ve been staying at values for years though our last trip before covid was at CSR.

I prefer the values over the moderates (with the exception of POFQ). I feel like the values aren’t as spread out in comparison to the mods and I also like that the bus stops have proper queue lines.

Service and cast members were great. I had no complaints.

We actually prefer the Values over the Moderates and Deluxes because we like the "feel" of being totally "immersed" in "Disney" while at WDW,not only at the Parks,and the over-the-top theming at the Values provides that.

And the Values do have a few advantages such as much larger Arcades.

It just boils down to individual taste-many just like the more "refined" feeling of a Moderate or Deluxe.

For us,we just enjoy the feeling we get waking up to a scene like below. :)

1661126208524-png.695841

We booked our reservation today! There's just 2 of us so we just went with a preferred room. With the discount that I have it was cheaper to stay at AKL than to stay in a ASMu suite. It was hard to pass up AKL but we're going with it & using the additional money to pay for our MNSSHP tickets!
Have so much fun!

Well we decided to upgrade to POR. Maybe we can commit to a value next time.

I've done all levels and honestly I really like the Values. It meets the needs and if you want to be in the bubble and don't want to spend a fortune it's a great fit. Music is my favorite of the values as well. Next trip is a splurge but I did totally price out a suite at Music and it was a top contender for a while.

I love all the Value resorts. Everything about them: the over the top theming, the pools, etc.

The moderates don't appeal to me at all. I would love to stay at a Deluxe one day, but there's no way I would ever be able to justify that price.

If you're traveling with active kids, the fake sports fields at All Star Sports are a ton of fun! My brother, dad, uncle, and I played football right outside of our rooms. The indoor seating area is also huge and conveniently near the main pool. There's a lot to love at the All Stars.

We were supposed to stay at POP in October however since we have a European trip next month and a couple things around the house that needs to be done my husband stated we would need to pay less for hotel and I refuse to stay offsite so I chose ASMu, it’s $414 cheaper then POP. We stay standard pool view there but I have noticed that’s not an option here so booked standard. What I’m wondering is how far is the walk from the furthest building to the food court/busses? What would be the best building to request? Besides the skyliner is there much of a difference? I know the rooms are refurbed like POPs. I’m just hoping I didn’t make a mistake as POP is our go to and has been for many years. I also rented DVC in December and absolutely loved the rooms, especially Poly and OKW but I was solo and my hubby won’t go for it since it has to be paid up front.

We were supposed to stay at POP in October however since we have a European trip next month and a couple things around the house that needs to be done my husband stated we would need to pay less for hotel and I refuse to stay offsite so I chose ASMu, it’s $414 cheaper then POP. We stay standard pool view there but I have noticed that’s not an option here so booked standard. What I’m wondering is how far is the walk from the furthest building to the food court/busses? What would be the best building to request? Besides the skyliner is there much of a difference? I know the rooms are refurbed like POPs. I’m just hoping I didn’t make a mistake as POP is our go to and has been for many years. I also rented DVC in December and absolutely loved the rooms, especially Poly and OKW but I was solo and my hubby won’t go for it since it has to be paid up front.
ASMu does have the worst layout for walking times. We were in the Country section (the furthest section) last August and it was rough on me because of my mobility issues. ASMu is the place where you want to pay for preferred rooms, IMO.

I would request Jazz Inn if I was in a standard room. It's the closest building with standard rooms according to Touring Plans.

Over at ASMovies, though, the layout is so good that nothing is really too far from the main hall. Over at Movies, if you were put in one of the Mighty Ducks buildings, it's actually closer to walk over to ASMu for their main hall and buses.

I've never stayed at Pop, but I've been over there a fair amount of times while resort hopping. Although you don't have the Skyliner, the food court does open at 630AM instead of 7AM, which for us is a benefit over Pop Century.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter