All Star Movies Renovations

I'm so glad they're refurbishing the All Stars. I'm in the minority, but I prefer them over Pop. They're so much more laid back.

Woah, it looks like sharp corners everywhere! Beds, night tables, the dresser... I have young children and we are staying here in September. I am getting concerned about those sharp corners. The only thing that doesnt look sharp is the table. Can anyone weigh in on that?

Woah, it looks like sharp corners everywhere! Beds, night tables, the dresser... I have young children and we are staying here in September. I am getting concerned about those sharp corners. The only thing that doesnt look sharp is the table. Can anyone weigh in on that?
There have been quite a few complaints about this from the Pop rooms as well. We stayed in a new room at Pop and I can confirm that my 9 yo niece ran into the corner of the pull down bed more than once. She ended up with a bruise on her leg. The bed that pulls down sticks out a little further than the other bed so you just have to take note of that. Lots of people have cut pool noodles to wrap on the corners and others have asked for extra towels from mousekeeping to put on the corners.

There have been quite a few complaints about this from the Pop rooms as well. We stayed in a new room at Pop and I can confirm that my 9 yo niece ran into the corner of the pull down bed more than once. She ended up with a bruise on her leg. The bed that pulls down sticks out a little further than the other bed so you just have to take note of that. Lots of people have cut pool noodles to wrap on the corners and others have asked for extra towels from mousekeeping to put on the corners.
Thanks for your response. I find this crazy. Value resorts are geared towards young families. Disney should never have updated their rooms this way. I’m not happy at all about this.

Thanks for your response. I find this crazy. Value resorts are geared towards young families. Disney should never have updated their rooms this way. I’m not happy at all about this.
It really isn't too bad and I think the new rooms are great! We are staying at Pop again in October because we liked the rooms so much. We actually were going to stay at Movies, but our TA couldn't get us a deal there. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Pick the resort that you like the theming best and just come prepared. We had to bring Wet Wipes for the floor because it gets dirty now that it is laminate instead of carpet.

It really isn't too bad and I think the new rooms are great! We are staying at Pop again in October because we liked the rooms so much. We actually were going to stay at Movies, but our TA couldn't get us a deal there. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Pick the resort that you like the theming best and just come prepared. We had to bring Wet Wipes for the floor because it gets dirty now that it is laminate instead of carpet.
Good to know! I definitely won’t opt out of housekeeping then and I’ll bring extra wipes. My kids really wanted movies so we will still stay there (we could stay at Pop for the same price but we stayed there last year). I am excited but just nervous for those corners. I will probably bring some corner protectors.

Good to know! I definitely won’t opt out of housekeeping then and I’ll bring extra wipes. My kids really wanted movies so we will still stay there (we could stay at Pop for the same price but we stayed there last year). I am excited but just nervous for those corners. I will probably bring some corner protectors.
I would honestly still opt out of housekeeping. It sounds like they are running low on housekeepers and they aren't doing the best job cleaning the floors. That's why we ended up opting out and just quickly wiped the floors down on our own. I just stood on a Wet Wipe and slid around with it under my shoe lol.

Just came back from five days at Movies. I didn’t walk around to look for completely renovated rooms but I can confirm that they are now working on Fantasia Building 8. When we walked in on Friday morning there was heavy construction at the pool facing rooms. Lots of workers and noise poolside.

We have 3 rooms booked for the week after Thanksgiving. We haven’t stayed at ASMo in years so I can’t wait to see the new renovations.

Just came back from five days at Movies. I didn’t walk around to look for completely renovated rooms but I can confirm that they are now working on Fantasia Building 8. When we walked in on Friday morning there was heavy construction at the pool facing rooms. Lots of workers and noise poolside.
Were they also working on building 9?

I would honestly still opt out of housekeeping. It sounds like they are running low on housekeepers and they aren't doing the best job cleaning the floors. That's why we ended up opting out and just quickly wiped the floors down on our own. I just stood on a Wet Wipe and slid around with it under my shoe lol.
Oh okay sounds good. How do I opt out of I bypass the front desk? We haven’t been to Disney since last May and opting out wasn’t an option then. Thanks so much for the help!

Oh okay sounds good. How do I opt out of I bypass the front desk? We haven’t been to Disney since last May and opting out wasn’t an option then. Thanks so much for the help!

On check in day stop by the front desk and tell them you'd like to opt out of housekeeping. This has to be done on check in day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter