• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Movies vs. Coronado, should we switch to Coronado?

I would definitely switch to Coronado. Rooms are updated and very well appointed. I personally do not like the value resorts, but I guess that is why Disney offers so many resort choices.
😁

AsMo this month was great! We were in a refurbished room in the Love bug area. One mattress was better than the other, which was a bit disappointing. Rooms were very similar to the Pop refurb. Loved the Mickey touches throughout, smaller than CSR, but overall very nice. I would choose the refurbished value rooms if we only needed one bed-- with the second bed folded up its more spacious than most deluxe! With 4 in a room, I'd prefer two refurb value over CSR. The only way I'd consider paying more to share a single room and bathroom is for a deluxe with walking access to MK or EPCOT/HS.

Funny, we're booked at ASMo and I was just considering switching to CSR as well. The difference for us would be almost 1K though, so I ended up passing and using the money for other add-ons.

So, my DD28 and I are going to WDW in June. Starting June 2nd we got a great rate for Jun 2, 3 and 4 at Asmo(never stayed there before), then moving to our favorite, the Poly June 5-10. We have the opportunity to switch from Asmo to Coronado, for a little over $200 which we'll split. I haven't been there before either, though DD28 and her DH were there in the last 6 months. She loved the room and the beds, not so much the buses or the distance. But we're still deciding between the two. She won't really pick, I know she'd like the little bigger room, but Asmo looks pretty cute. Not sure what to do since she made me be the decider. I hate being the decider, lol. So, looking for some opinions on which might be better. If any of you can share some thoughts, that'd be great, just to hear more opinions on the two places. TIA!

I have never stayed at either resort, but a friend of mine stood at Coronado last week and she said buses to and from parks was awful and she felt it was so big it was overwhelming.

Stayed at Coronado Springs June 2018 and loved it. The resort felt comfortable and enjoyed the atmosphere. Loved sitting outside at the bar and watching the fireworks at night. Loved the multiple bus stops around the resort and they had shelter and seating from resort to park. Was blessed to do a solo trip in October 2019 and stayed at Pop. I noticed that All Star and Pop had the furthest to walk for the buses from the parks. Was not happy about that. Side note we did stay at ASMO in 2009 and loved the theming. Pop and ASMO had the same bus situation (being dropped at front of resort) and it did not compare to Coronado Springs (multiple bus stops through out the resort).

Stayed at CSR March 2019 in a renovated room. Never was at an All Stars but stayed at POP in December 2015. Prefer CSR much more than POP, yes it is more spread out and the theming at the values is more Mickey-like, but with the multiple bus stops you hardly have much to walk to the nearest and it is much easier to enter a bus when not all guests are using the same bus stop and battle for their place at a certain bus. AT CSR I never waited more than 5mins for a bus, while at POP I sometimes had the problem, that the bus was full and I had to wait for the next one. Although I found CSR much quieter than POP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter