• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Movies??

tinkerbellnh

Earning My Ears
We are currently booked at the All Star Movies for july 15-22 for 2 adults and our 14 yo son. We have stayed in every type of room from the Pop to the Poly. We are coming down for a college tour and to relax. Are we going to enjoy this resort or is it to childish for our 14 yo. I afraid we arent going to be happy here and am looking for your thoughts. Thanx.

It is a value resort so you have your room, pool, arcade, food court, and merchandise area. There are movie posters and movie type theming throughout the lobby. It is a nice resort to stay in. Not sure what you son is into but he should be fine.

I would think if you and your 14 y.o. son were happy at Pop you'll be happy at All Star Movies. It has the same room layout and amenities as Pop.

I actually prefer any of the All Star resorts over Pop because they're not as big and I find the food courts are slightly less crowded and chaotic than the one at Pop. You also generally have shorter lines for the buses since each All Star resort has about 1,000 fewer rooms than Pop.

My 25 yr old and his wife want to stay at Movies next trip but understand it's probably not gonna happen if we want FD. They'll settle for Music (my fave!).

I went with my sister a couple of years ago, we were both in our late 20's and went without children. We loved it.

We are currently booked at the All Star Movies for july 15-22 for 2 adults and our 14 yo son. We have stayed in every type of room from the Pop to the Poly. We are coming down for a college tour and to relax. Are we going to enjoy this resort or is it to childish for our 14 yo. I afraid we arent going to be happy here and am looking for your thoughts. Thanx.

Are you going to the parks? If you are and this is just home base I would think you'll be fine. If you are not going to Disney parks and planning to relax at hotel a week, I would likely pick elsewhere.

Stayed there last September for a week (two 23ish year olds). It wasn't too young for us since we both love Toy Story. It's not a bad resort, but I wouldn't call it "relaxing" if that's what you're looking for.

I agree with others, if he like Pop, he should be fine with movies. I also agree if you are wanting to relax and spend time at the resort, you might want to bump up to a moderate, they are a tad more relaxing than the values.

I agree, Movies is awesome for anyone who loves Disney and movies. DH and I are in our 30s and loved it. We had tons of fun taking pictures in the Toy Story area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter