All Star Music `Calypso Pool` upgrades suspended due to complaints.

Anthony12345

Earning My Ears
I thought this might be of interest to the board.

My family of 5 are booked for 2 weeks at Music next October, coming over from the UK.

Just today, whilst browsing online for any updates or recent developments, i clicked on the All Star Music page on the Disney website, to see that the Calypso pool was being upgraded between September and November next year. It had all the usual warnings about construction noise, and the advice to use other All Star Pools.

I was unconcerned, but at the insistence of another member of our party, we called our UK Travel Agent, Thomas Cook, to confirm if this was something to be concerned about. No came the answer, but in the spirit of `you dont get if you dont ask`, we asked if there was anything that could be done, even moving us to Movies. Give it 20 minutes with the travel Agent seemingly contacting Disney, and no came the answer (Well, actually, yes, for an extra few hundred £/$. No no Disney, you already have enough of our money....)

However 10 minutes later, we got another call from our travel agent, basically to tell us that Disney have just informed them, that since they announced these upgrades a few days ago, they have had so many complaints (from the UK specifically-apparently we have a cultural objection to pool upgrades or something...), that they have postponed the upgrades until 2021.

Strange times.

Good info. In reality, they probably just altered their refurbishment schedule for other reasons and that got moved as part of the shuffle. Then they can show that they care and take credit for listening to guest feedback while moving along with what they were planning on doing anyway.

I mean, pools have to be repaired from time to time, so it'll happen eventually one way or another (once our UK friends settle down, of course :lmao:)

That's odd. I booked for next Sept but fully aware of the pool refurbishment and so far it still shows the pool refurb is still on for mid Sept 2020.

Received an email last week after we applied the bounceback to our existing reservation for Music about it being closed starting next September also.

I think you can use the pools at the other All Star resorts if it is refurbed at that time

Upgrades need to be done, and September is a slow time, but September is also hot so it doesn't make sense to close a pool then. They should schedule pool upgrades during the winter - December, January, February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter