All Star Music FAQ thread and tips

I just came back from AoA and while it is a nice resort, it was waaaaay to long of a walk from the LM section to the food court. I cant wait to stay at ASMu where I wont have to trek a mile to get a drink:laughing:

I just came back from AoA and while it is a nice resort, it was waaaaay to long of a walk from the LM section to the food court. I cant wait to stay at ASMu where I wont have to trek a mile to get a drink:laughing:

I havn't stayed at AoA but we did visit and walked around. I was really surprised by how far the mermaid rooms really were from the main building. In my experience the maps are exagerated and the distances are usually very managable. This is probably the first resort that the distance on the map is accurate. The buildings really do have the large spaces in between them. In contrast to this, the ASMu map shows large spaces between the buildings but in reality there is very little space between them.

I am looking at a suite for Alsmu. Would it hold comfortably 4 adults and a 2 yr old, 4 yr old and an 11 yr old?

I am looking at a suite for Alsmu. Would it hold comfortably 4 adults and a 2 yr old, 4 yr old and an 11 yr old?

IDK about 'comfortably' but I think the only way it would possibly work is:
2 adults in the full sofa bed
2 adults in the queen bed
11 year old in the pull out chair
4 year old in the pull out ottoman
2 year old in a pack & play

I havn't stayed at AoA but we did visit and walked around. I was really surprised by how far the mermaid rooms really were from the main building. In my experience the maps are exagerated and the distances are usually very managable. This is probably the first resort that the distance on the map is accurate. The buildings really do have the large spaces in between them. In contrast to this, the ASMu map shows large spaces between the buildings but in reality there is very little space between them.

I agree. Looking at the map I thought the distance was exaggerated, but nope...there is quite a bit of distance between each building. I did enjoy staying there because it is a new resort and only one other family was in the room before me, but I wont stay there again. The walk really made my kids irritable and I can't have that while at Disney:rotfl:

Technically....yes, you will fit in the suite but comfortably, that I doubt. IMO, you would be much better off booking 2 regular rooms. That way everyone gets a proper bed....not a fold out. Cost wise it's slightly less.

I'm wondering what section to request when I call to add requests to my online check-in. I really want to stay in the Broadway section, I'm just curious if anyone knows how far the walk is to the buses? Would Jazz really be that much better? I did see the discussion about how the maps don't represent distance well, and when I was at Sports I definitely felt like the walk was shorter than the map indicated...

I decided to request building 8 in the Broadway section... I'm sure it won't be too bad.

Does anyone know if any regular pin trading goes on at Music? At Sports I know a CM had a pin-board in the food court on certain evenings...

dawnhaze said:
I'm wondering what section to request when I call to add requests to my online check-in. I really want to stay in the Broadway section, I'm just curious if anyone knows how far the walk is to the buses? Would Jazz really be that much better? I did see the discussion about how the maps don't represent distance well, and when I was at Sports I definitely felt like the walk was shorter than the map indicated...

Our first stay at ASMu was in Broadway, and I didn't think it was too far from anything, and it was close to the smaller pool shaped like a piano with an Ariel statue.

Our 2nd stay was in Jazz and I loved it! We were right by the drum and it was very reasonable to get breakfast from the food court and it would still be hot by the time I got to the room. But it was still quiet, enough away from the main pool. And, there was a large Brasilian group staying in the back section (country?) and we weren't impacted by them unless they were in the food court all at the same time.

Our 3rd stay was in Rock and I hated the location. We had to weave around pathways and every time I passed Jazz I'd mentally say "I wish we were in our old room!".

dawnhaze said:
I decided to request building 8 in the Broadway section... I'm sure it won't be too bad.

Does anyone know if any regular pin trading goes on at Music? At Sports I know a CM had a pin-board in the food court on certain evenings...

Yes, there are pin boards about : In the gift shop ask to see the book/board, in the lobby at various times by the DVC stand, and sometimes the board will be out with the kids activities.

I think it would be uncomfortable unless you don't move in your sleep. The chair and ottoman pullout really only fit children.

I'm not sure that's true. I slept fine in the chair (are the chair and ottoman the same size? I feel like the ottoman seemed smaller and more like a cot than the chair did.) As far as length though, I'm only 5'3" so can't speak to PP's question.

I think it would be uncomfortable unless you don't move in your sleep. The chair and ottoman pullout really only fit children.

I'm not sure that's true. I slept fine in the chair (are the chair and ottoman the same size? I feel like the ottoman seemed smaller and more like a cot than the chair did.) As far as length though, I'm only 5'3" so can't speak to PP's question.

I didn't sleep on it but did try it out for a short while and I fit fine. I'm 5'8". I found it more comfortable than the sleep sofa.

The ottoman is smaller.

Thanks for the info. We can always change sleeping arrangments when we get there. Just thought I'd ask here first.

Excited to stay at Music for the first time!

Is there a fridge in every room now? Sorry for the dumb question, but there are a lot of posts on here!

Is this foldout chair that everyone refers to in all standard rooms? I have heard conflicting reports about fridges too.... Heading there in 36 days!

Is this foldout chair that everyone refers to in all standard rooms? I have heard conflicting reports about fridges too.... Heading there in 36 days!

Foldout chairs are only in the famiy suites. Standard rooms have two double beds, unless you have a King bed room. I haven't seen the fridges yet, but they are supposed to be in all of the rooms at the values now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter