All Star Music FAQ thread and tips

What times were park openings those days with bus service starting so early? I thought the bus started an hour before park opening?:confused3 I'm a little concerned about making it to a 9am Princess Storybook Breakfast in Epcot one day of our trip.

The 4 major parks all opened at 9 am that day. Buses were running that early because there are character breakfasts in the parks. I don't remember if we saw an Epcot bus before our bus arrived at 7:40, but if a bus arrived around 8 am, you would have no problem making it to your breakfast reservation. When I asked the bus driver (at the request of other passengers as well) if he could stop at the Poly since it took so long for the bus to arrive, he said no, but that someone should have notified Concierge about the lack of MK bus. None of the Concierge CMs seemed to know when hte breakfast buses start.

I did think it was pretty obnoxious that they blocked off the interior walkway through the cafe to the lobby and the buses DURING A TROPICAL STORM!!!

I agree I was there at the same time. Not to mention putting up a tent outside because they blocked off some of the inside seating. What fun to sit outside in a tent in pouring rain and 29 mph wind:confused:

The 4 major parks all opened at 9 am that day. Buses were running that early because there are character breakfasts in the parks. I don't remember if we saw an Epcot bus before our bus arrived at 7:40, but if a bus arrived around 8 am, you would have no problem making it to your breakfast reservation. When I asked the bus driver (at the request of other passengers as well) if he could stop at the Poly since it took so long for the bus to arrive, he said no, but that someone should have notified Concierge about the lack of MK bus. None of the Concierge CMs seemed to know when hte breakfast buses start.

Thanks - that helps calm me a little, I think.:laughing:

I stayed here last Septemeber on an adults-only trip and had such a great time we decided to go back again this year!:banana: This time we will have children with us and I have a few questions that I didn't pay much attention to last year.

1. Is there a microwave in the food court that we can use to pop popcorn?

2. Also, is there a nightlight in the room? I can't remember how dark the rooms were at night. We could leave the bathroom light on and the door cracked, but is there a fan connected to it?

Thanks for any information!

I stayed here last Septemeber on an adults-only trip and had such a great time we decided to go back again this year!:banana: This time we will have children with us and I have a few questions that I didn't pay much attention to last year.

2. Also, is there a nightlight in the room? I can't remember how dark the rooms were at night. We could leave the bathroom light on and the door cracked, but is there a fan connected to it?

2. No nightlight. The bathroom light is connected to a fan. I used a battery operated reading light if I needed to get up during the night, but packing a small night light would not be a bad idea.

1. I don't know for sure about a microwave, but I think a poster earlier in this thread said there was one.

I think I have heard from other posters if you close the bathroom door, the plumbing is not so loud...

I packed a night light & a couple of bags of popcorn (other posters have said there is a micro in the food court)

As to question number 2, there is a nightlight built into the bottom of the hairdryer (sounds strange, but it's true). That provides light and allows you to keep the bathroom door shut.

We actually had several early morning ressi in addition to the Kona- 7:30 at Cape May, Boma at the AKL at 7:30, Tusker House at 8 and Chef Mickey's at 7. No problem with the Animal Kingdom bus for the TH. My DS(10) was sick during the trip, so we ended up taking taxis for his comfort on the other mornings, especially since they were resort to resort. Cape May/Beach Club was 12 plus tip, AKL was 8 plus tip and Contemporary was around 12 or so. I got conflicting info on early buses from a bus driver and a CM (the same CM actually gave me two different times when I asked about my Chef Mickey res- he said buses run at 7 then he told me if I was out at the stop by 6:30 I should get there in time).

The morning the MK bus took 40 min to arrive we did see two HS Studio Buses and 2 AK buses come by between 7 and 7:30. No early morning hours at any of the parks that morning.

Hope this helps a little. BTW- the folks at the Kona seated us quickly and cheerfully, even though we were an hour late and two people fewer than planned- my DS stayed behind that day to recover with my DH.

THank you so much for all the info!!! I sure hope your DS had a quick recovery!!

We leave in a couple days as well and wondering about an update on the construction.
Anyone know what is going on currently? Thanks in advance.

Hi, this thread is just so informative. Thanks everyone the information here has been invaluable. We leave for Disneyland tomorrow and then WDW ASMu in just under a weeks time, I am so excited as this will be our first trip to WDW.

I've read conflicting reports about the availability of towels at the ASMu pool. Do they provide pool towels? Or do you bring your own?

I really don't want to be carrying towels all the way from Australia :confused:

Cheers
Angela

There aren't any towels at the pool. However, I'm pretty sure I saw towel return chutes when I was there before (only 1 night). I've heard people say that you can call to request extra towels but that it can take awhile for them to arrive.

Since we're going back to ASMu in 3 weeks, I've been wondering about the towel issue as well. Can we call and ask for extra towels as soon as we get to the room and just ask them to leave them for us? (I.e. can we go out to dinner and expect the towels to be there when we return?) Also, if we've asked for extra towels to take to the pool, can we just put those towels into the towel returns at the pool, or, will they be expecting them in our room?

Thanks!

Since we're going back to ASMu in 3 weeks, I've been wondering about the towel issue as well. Can we call and ask for extra towels as soon as we get to the room and just ask them to leave them for us? (I.e. can we go out to dinner and expect the towels to be there when we return?) Also, if we've asked for extra towels to take to the pool, can we just put those towels into the towel returns at the pool, or, will they be expecting them in our room?

Thanks!

We always just leave a note for housekeeping that we need extra towels for the pool, never had a problem at any resort. I don't know if they'll leave them in the room, but I don't see why not; they might leave them on the doorhandle.

You can leave them in the towel return or in your room when you're finished, it doesn't matter.

Just came back from ASMu 2 weeks ago. Extra towels are on the bottom floor by the elavator in each building. At first we thought they were for housekeeping, but was told that only the carts covered were for housekeeping and that the extra towels were always available there. Usually plenty, late at night (11:00 pm) the supply would get low.

Just came back from ASMu 2 weeks ago. Extra towels are on the bottom floor by the elavator in each building. At first we thought they were for housekeeping, but was told that only the carts covered were for housekeeping and that the extra towels were always available there. Usually plenty, late at night (11:00 pm) the supply would get low.

That's a good thing to know. Thanks. We did see this as well when we visited in May, thought the same thing!! How was the food court when you visited? There is supposed to be construction and I hope someone just returning will give an update. Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter