All Star Music Food Court

kiwi2013

Mouseketeer
Just read in another thread that All Star Music Food Court will be undergoing renovations to be completed by January 2015.
When I booked last week,I was not informed of this.
We are staying the last week of Sept into October . Has anyone heard any further information on this?
My thought is,if this is true,then why was ASMu even included in Free Dining if their own resort food court is not accessible to its guests?

Everything I heard while I was recently at WDW was that Intermission will follow the same schedule as End Zone did(August-December),BUT I have not seen an official announcement on when or if Intermission will be done this year so,until then,anything could change.:)

If it does happen,there will be buses available to take Music Guests to End Zone or Premiere and both are walkable from Music also.

I just got off the phone with Disney and they checked 2 different sources and at this time there are no renovations slated for All Star Music up to October 12 anyway

I wouldn't trust anyone you speak with over the phone. Unfortunately they seem to be the last ones to know about refurbishments. I've read in more than one place that the food court at ASMu will be undergoing refurbishment this fall. It was not something I was willing to risk, so I booked at the All Star Sports.

If the food court is being redone they will bus guests who want more than grab and go items to either the Sports or Movies.

I wouldn't trust anyone you speak with over the phone. Unfortunately they seem to be the last ones to know about refurbishments. I've read in more than one place that the food court at ASMu will be undergoing refurbishment this fall. It was not something I was willing to risk, so I booked at the All Star Sports.

If the food court is being redone they will bus guests who want more than grab and go items to either the Sports or Movies.

Absolutely agree. If I were not going to use the food court anyway it wouldn't be an issue. My last trip to POP on the DDP for 12 days I never ate there, I wanted to eat at the parks and other resorts.

The last thing a resort wants is an empty resort so they will not release the information that the food court is closing until they have to. The CMs will not be told, it would discourage bookings. But the permit is in place, I've seen it and am sure plenty of others have. And since Sports was just finished it makes sense to do Music next. The positive is at least there are two food courts in walking distance.

I heard this rumor as well and asked my TA and she has not heard anything, and she's pretty on top of things. My fingers are crossed!!!

The last thing a resort wants is an empty resort so they will not release the information that the food court is closing until they have to. The CMs will not be told, it would discourage bookings.

This! And remember, the Sports food court was closed for refurb last year throughout the fall Free Dining promo.

So, if they do have a refurb, do they at least set up a drink kiosk for your refillable mugs?

yes, they will set that up and much more.

i booked sports in 2013 in january for a late september stay.
i did not receive a letter from disney until august about the food court shut down.

the arcade room was gutted and in its place were quick serve type of refridgerated foods, soda/coffee dispensers, etc.

tables and chairs were also set up in that room.

it was nice.

free dining happened during this time period and i didn't hear any one complain about the situation of food court closure.

busses ran all the time to music and movies, i never had an issue going to one of the other food courts at All Stars.

i was at sports again this past january 2014 and was told that music would have their food court shut down this year and remodeled.

if you stay at music while the food court is undergoing renovations, you won't have any problem using the other two food courts.

I heard this rumor as well and asked my TA and she has not heard anything, and she's pretty on top of things. My fingers are crossed!!!

The permits have been filed so it is pretty much a for sure thing. As another poster pointed out Disney will not notify guests until right before as they don't want to lose the bookings.

Aha, this piqued my interest, as I just changed a ressie from Music to Sports, under the presumption that this might be coming. We stayed at Sports last November during free dining/food court renovation. Having no food court was an annoyance, I will admit. But it certainly wasn't a deal breaker. We were easily able to get sodas in the gutted arcade, and walking or bussing to movies and music wasn't a huge deal. I also felt like the resort was less crowded, as people certainly avoided it once the news broke.

Obviously, if I switched this year's ressie away from music, on the chance there might be a refurb, that means it was annoying enough that I'm try to avoid a repeat this year. :) Again, not a deal-breaker, but if you can plan this far in advance and switch easily, I say do it. Plus, sports has a spankin' new food court that looks way better and has new food offerings to boot!

Ok,one PP says there is a kiosk for your mug, but the article says only coffee available for mug, all other drinks sold in bottles. How does that work for our mug? I still have to PAY for drinks?

Decisions...Decisions.....Do I switch to Sports or stay at Music....The renovation is no big deal for me,but it may be a hinderance for my elderly parents .
Will have to discuss this during my visit with them today.
Thanks so much everyone for all the help.

Ok,one PP says there is a kiosk for your mug, but the article says only coffee available for mug, all other drinks sold in bottles. How does that work for our mug? I still have to PAY for drinks?

I kept hunting for more reports because the whole mug think didn't seem right if you paid for it, and another said they did set up (may have been after article) some beverage fountains where you have to ask for your drink, they put it in a paper cup (because they couldn't fill your mug for health reasons) and then you can use your mug or just drink out of the cup. They did say you had to have your mug in hand to get the drink.

when Sports first opened up in the arcade room, the cm put the soda in a paper cup and poured that into the mug.
coffee the same way.

that system did change later.

the article did not update that change when it happened.

if you have the mug, you do not pay for the beverages.

Also remember to take your mug with you if you walk or bus to End Zone or World Premiere.:)

Everything I heard while I was recently at WDW was that Intermission will follow the same schedule as End Zone did(August-December),BUT I have not seen an official announcement on when or if Intermission will be done this year so,until then,anything could change.:)

If it does happen,there will be buses available to take Music Guests to End Zone or Premiere and both are walkable from Music also.

The "what if possibility" was to much for me to worry about...I just switched from Music to Sports just to be on the safe side....the lady I was speaking to said there were only 3 rooms left for my late september dates...I'm assuming she was referring to rooms available under the free dining promotion?

The "what if possibility" was to much for me to worry about...I just switched from Music to Sports just to be on the safe side....the lady I was speaking to said there were only 3 rooms left for my late september dates...I'm assuming she was referring to rooms available under the free dining promotion?
Me too :lmao: Sports it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter