All Star Music, is it worth almost $200 to upgrade to preferred from standard room?

I did read that all the rooms at Sports even though not refurbished have gotten coffee makers. I would also keep Music and call the resort around 5 days before to put in your requests again and tell them as close to preferred as possible for health reasons. And like the previous poster said if you are not happy with your room location just go to the front desk and nicely ask for what you want. My experience is that they always try to accommodate as best as they can. Good luck.

I did read that all the rooms at Sports even though not refurbished have gotten coffee makers. I would also keep Music and call the resort around 5 days before to put in your requests again and tell them as close to preferred as possible for health reasons. And like the previous poster said if you are not happy with your room location just go to the front desk and nicely ask for what you want. My experience is that they always try to accommodate as best as they can. Good luck.

Yes, that makes sense, thank you, and that's awesome to hear about the coffee makers!

I have not stayed at Music but there is no way it would be worth it to us to pay a $200 upgrade. We have stayed at Movies and Pop Century, standard rooms.

No coffee makers in Sports last month. Rooms are tired - loose outlets nowhere near nightstand, etc. - but clean enough.

Feels like a very, very outdated Days Inn/Motel 6.

I stayed in a small town, North Georgia Best Western over the weekend for work. It was markedly nicer than Sports.

I have not stayed at Music but there is no way it would be worth it to us to pay a $200 upgrade. We have stayed at Movies and Pop Century, standard rooms.

No coffee makers in Sports last month. Rooms are tired - loose outlets nowhere near nightstand, etc. - but clean enough.

Feels like a very, very outdated Days Inn/Motel 6.

I stayed in a small town, North Georgia Best Western over the weekend for work. It was markedly nicer than Sports.

Thank you! I'll stick to my Music standard room.

I thought Sports seemed a bit rundown when I stayed there in 2009. I stayed at Movies a year or so before it was renovated and it was really bad (shabby, super uncomfortable full beds, outlets were all worn out so nothing stayed plugged in, etc). I wouldn't stay in an unrenovated All Star.

The layout at Music is the worst of the three and it's a hike to the cowboy boots if you get stuck way out there. I have never felt unsafe there or at any other Disney resort, though.
I'd keep looking and try for Movies or Pop. If no luck there, see what you get at check in and see if they can move you if you do get a far room.

I thought Sports seemed a bit rundown when I stayed there in 2009. I stayed at Movies a year or so before it was renovated and it was really bad (shabby, super uncomfortable full beds, outlets were all worn out so nothing stayed plugged in, etc). I wouldn't stay in an unrenovated All Star.

The layout at Music is the worst of the three and it's a hike to the cowboy boots if you get stuck way out there. I have never felt unsafe there or at any other Disney resort, though.
I'd keep looking and try for Movies or Pop. If no luck there, see what you get at check in and see if they can move you if you do get a far room.

Thank you so much for your advice!

We just stayed at Music at the end of May/beginning of June. We were in the country section. It was quite a long walk, so we wished we had requested preferred at times at the end of a long day since we were using Disney transportation. Then again, that section was very quiet, so we very much enjoyed that aspect of the country section. We never felt unsafe at all, and it was just myself and my 11-year-old son, and we stayed until closing at MK several times. Even though the walk was long, we are planning another trip to Music and I'm still not sure the extra money is worth it for preferred. We have stayed at Pop and Wilderness Lodge several times, French Quarter, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach and All Stars Music. We honestly love all of them, but if I were doing an economical trip, I would not hesitate to book All Stars Music standard, as long as you don't mind the walk. You might also look at the menus at the different resorts if you are trying to choose and are going to be using the food courts. Music has a bigger selection right now, in my opinion. Don't worry about feeling unsafe at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter