All star resort perks?

Julia Ann

DIS Veteran
Hopefully visiting all stars Movies Oct 22 from uk. Apart from the free transportation what other on site perks are included now? Did I see early entry into the parks?

Yes, 30-minute early entry into the theme parks.

In addition, if the new Genie+ system is running by then (no specific date has been announced), you will by able to make an Individual Attraction Purchase (IAP) for up to 2 attractions each day at 7 AM. (Offsite Guests have to wait for the parks to open.) This is particularly important for Rise of the Resistance and Ratatouille, which will use Boarding Groups only (i.e. no Standby lines).

Last edited:

Yes, 30-minute early entry into the theme parks.

In addition, if the new Genie+ system is running by then (no specific date has been announced), you will by able to make an Individual Attraction Purchase (IAP) for up to 2 attractions each day at 7 AM. (Offsite Guests have to wait for the parks to open.) This is particularly important for Rise of the Resistance and Ratatouille, which will use Boarding Groups only (i.e. no Standby lines).
These are not perks. They are reduced previous benefits and charging for simething thats always been free

This blows my brain that their are no perks for on site anymore unless you are deluxe =0

I wouldnt be surprised if thats the next cash grab from Chapek and crew.
Bus tokens or something similar.

That I think is what would actually push guests off-site, and Disney knows this. People have been complaining for months about cuts but availability is still sparse. Transportation and location are where the resorts have actual value, since getting in from off-property can take a while. Also so many people fly into Florida that having reliable park transportation is a must. Disney won't cross the line because it would actually lose them money, unlike the cuts so far.

That I think is what would actually push guests off-site, and Disney knows this. People have been complaining for months about cuts but availability is still sparse. Transportation and location are where the resorts have actual value, since getting in from off-property can take a while. Also so many people fly into Florida that having reliable park transportation is a must. Disney won't cross the line because it would actually lose them money, unlike the cuts so far.
I meant an additional charge if one chooses Disney bus transportation to the parks, not public transportation.

I meant an additional charge if one chooses Disney bus transportation to the parks, not public transportation.

That's what I mean as well. I think Disney charging for their internal transportation, like the busses and monorail, would actually push people off-property.

That's what I mean as well. I think Disney charging for their internal transportation, like the busses and monorail, would actually push people off-property.
Agreed but honestly I think the current changes will hurt in the long run. I’m going because we haven’t been in a while due to covid. However once things go back to normal transportation is not gonna cut it as a perk to keep me on site once the omg covid is over I need my Disney fix has passed. And this is coming from someone who used to fly from NY every yr-yr and a half

I can't see them charging for Disney internal transportation. It might "trap" people at certain resorts (like All-Star in this thread) with no way to get to the parks or Disney Springs, aka no way to spend serious amounts of money. Resorts like All-Star, AKL, and Coronado Springs have no walking ability to anywhere else (except maybe All-Star to the McDonalds). It's in their best interest to take people for free to the area where they can have the people spend the most money. I think that was what was so smart about Magical Express - it "trapped" people on property without a free way to go off site for food or shopping or to the other theme parks in the area.

I can't see them charging for Disney internal transportation. It might "trap" people at certain resorts (like All-Star in this thread) with no way to get to the parks or Disney Springs, aka no way to spend serious amounts of money. Resorts like All-Star, AKL, and Coronado Springs have no walking ability to anywhere else (except maybe All-Star to the McDonalds). It's in their best interest to take people for free to the area where they can have the people spend the most money. I think that was what was so smart about Magical Express - it "trapped" people on property without a free way to go off site for food or shopping or to the other theme parks in the area.

People seem to forget this was the original reason for Magical Express. My guess is that with Uber and Lyft, the benefits weren't there anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter