• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All star sports or art of animation

married2mm

DIS Veteran
The difference is $270-for 6 nights over Christmas.

It’s supposed to be an extreme budget conscious trip (just me &dh) and therefore I see the cost increase as money for food whilst we are enjoying the holidays in the parks.

Conversely; I think-do I want to stay at A.S.S.?!

It will be the first time we won’t have a hire car and predominately in buses or special treat Minnie vans.

Thoughts please.

At Art of Animation are you in a Little Mermaid room? If so, that alone would cause me to want to stay at All Star Sports as they are SUPER far from the bus stops/lobby. At least at All Star Sports even without a preferred room you have a fighting chance to be much closer.

One thing AoA has going for it is the Skyliner, but I would 100% save the money and stay at Sports.

If you can’t get a room priced similarly to sports at the newly renovated All Star Movies (do yourself a favor and double check), I too would go with All Star Sports, unless I planned to spend a LOT of my trip at Epcot and DHS, which AoA has the skyliner to. All the standard rooms at AoA are further away from buses and food than most of the rooms at All Star Sports are.

While I absolutely love the theming of AofA, the Little Mermaid rooms are probably a ten minute walk from the lobby, food, court and bus stop.
We thought Sports was a great resort, and even in a standard room only a short pleasant walk from the lobby. Bus service no problem for us both resorts.

I would save the money and go to Sports.

We had a perfectly pleasant stay at Sports in 2017. We were in one of the farthest away buildings and it still wasn’t that far. I wouldn’t spend more money for a different value, particularly if budget was the main concern.

The last time I stayed at Sports was when I was a kid, so quite some time ago, but I have a lot of very pleasant memories of the place. I think the theming is still pretty cool, too! Save the money - literally all you're paying for in terms of a Sports room versus AoA Little Mermaid is theming, so unless you're a die-hard LM fan there's not much of a difference.

I think you will be happy with your choice. Remember all 3 All Stars are in very close proximity. You have 3 bus choices, and 3 quick service options!

A preferred room at movies was available but was nearly $300 more than sports-
I think you can. Justify it. You're saving $300 over AoA. This will put you in a newly renovated, carpetless, more spacious-seeming room, with a coffee maker and plenty of storage space.

Just got back from Sports. And I kept telling myself every time I was waiting for a bus at the parks I would look over and see the POP and AOA bus lines be like 5 lines deep and thank god I chose Sports! Good choice!

Sports it is. 😀

Thanks very much for the responses.
A preferred room at movies was available but was nearly $300 more than sports-
No way we could justify that one.

Very excited now for being part of the holiday craziness!!

I thought I wouldn't like sports ... my kids always stayed there with teams. But I really like it there and have stayed many times. (We are all adults). It's my favorite AllStars. POP or Sports for us. And I'd rather have the money for sure than stay in AoA LM room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter