All the resorts are booked!

Goldilocks07

A rockin' mom and her sweet princess
I would like a 1 bedroom- or even a 2 bedroom for the fall/early winter, and omg they are all booked. It wasn't like this before. I mean, I bought into DVC with the intention of being about to find rooms. I'm in my 11th year owning and never had a real problem booking within 6-8 months. What is going on????? I want a deluxe room. Is something happening I'm not aware of? I'm so sad over this. Do you think it's possible to waitlist ALL my days? That seems like a crazy risk.

I would like a 1 bedroom- or even a 2 bedroom for the fall/early winter, and omg they are all booked. It wasn't like this before. I mean, I bought into DVC with the intention of being about to find rooms. I'm in my 11th year owning and never had a real problem booking within 6-8 months. What is going on????? I want a deluxe room. Is something happening I'm not aware of? I'm so sad over this. Do you think it's possible to waitlist ALL my days? That seems like a crazy risk.
From Sept through early Jan is DVC's busiest time with F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, Thankksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and the race weekend. It's low point season so many DVCers want that. It HAS been this way for years. I've been a member for 13 years and been booking F&W since 2013 and it has been the case. The 1st year we wanted a studio for 3 nights and I had to do a WL and managed to get BLT. I had to do SSR one year, in a 1BR for 3 nights and had a WL but never got it. We finally bought BWV in order to book there and I had had trouble at 11 months getting standard view there. AND this year is the added demand of folks wanting to see the new Star Wars stuff. So yeah...it's expected...sorry. We have a 2BR at BWV for a week and SSR for 2 nights that I booked the BWV at 11 months and added the SSR at 7.

And what is meant by wanting a deluxe room? All DVC is deluxe.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity I took a look at availability and SSR has quite a bit of availability for 1 BR for Dec (like 2/3 of the month) and is wide open for Jan....even Nov has more availability than I would have expected at this point. 2BR are similar.
1 and 2 BR at OKW are wide open for Jan and avail 1/2 of Dec.....So If you go later in Dec or Jan there are definitely 1 and 2 BR villas to be had-they may just not be at your preferred resorts. Now if you actually were talking about no avail in Oct/early Nov that’s another story as I don’t think there is a whole lot to be had at this point without waitlisting or stalking the website. But again if that’s when you are looking to travel you aren’t talking about booking 6-8 months out you are talking about 4-5 months at the busiest time of the year. What isn’t booked during the home resort period tends to disappear right when the 7 month window opens

The main thing this year is the Galaxy Edge Opening. Expect very little opening Disney wide and very crowded parks from August 29th. Disney has not announced when they will offer fast passes for the new attractions and will likely require an on property reservation just to enter the land like Disney Land. Not to mention, it is rumored the second main attraction, Rise of the Resistance will open late in the year.

Unfortunately this is the new norm for September to Early January. This is my 10th year and early on in my DVC life we did a few "last minute" trips in the fall booked 7 months to 3 days out. There's just so much demand for "fall frenzy" now that everything tends to get gobbled up closer to the 11 month window than other times of the year. Also, the demand for renting points has skyrocketed which has many more points being utilized at the 11 month mark.

As CMNJ pointed out, there is a decent amount of availability at SSR from September to Xmas in 1BR & 2BR. DVC released some inventory in preferred view rooms about 3 weeks ago that was initially held back for planned refurbishments. You might have to tweek your dates, but there are many weeks, especially in September that have close to 7 days availability in both 1BR & 2BR.

I must echo what the others have said: Disney has been attempting for years to fill the parks and accommodations as much as possible by adding events and festivals, and now they have SWGE opening in late summer. Add to that the DVC season schedule when so much of this time is low point usage, and you have difficult to get rooms, in some cases even at 11 months. One more item that has recently exacerbated the booking situation is the advent of the Poly bungalows and Copper Creek cabins. Disney entices buyers with the notion that they can book those bungalows/cabins at 11 months, and with fairy dust clouding judgment, I'm certain a goodly number of buyers jump right in. Later, in the cold light of day, those same buyers quickly figure out their points won't stretch far booking cabins or bungalows. Thus, the DVC market if flooded with with points from all those buyers who will rarely stay in a cabin but who now compete for limited studios, 1BRs, and 2BRs. I don't see the situation getting better, either. Now, more than ever, the mantra "buy where you want to stay" rings true. That being said, I most definitely would use the waitlist because rooms do break free, especially if you're willing to be flexible and do split stays. We also check the availability online every day when trying to secure rooms, and we've had a fair amount of success doing that. Again, you might have to be willing to commit to split stays. Best of luck!

Sept- Jan is 3-7 months away at this point and that time of year has long been difficult if you miss booking early and only increasing in the need to book early. SSR will be your best bet and to book nights that you can find and then waitlist the others you need.

I went online to book today for January 2020 and my mind was blown that only SSR was available! I used to be able to get the rooms I wanted so easily but now its much more difficult

I went online to book today for January 2020 and my mind was blown that only SSR was available! I used to be able to get the rooms I wanted so easily but now its much more difficult
If you were doing 7 months from today = Jan 9-16 then it's due to race weekend being Jan 8-12th. And there are 2BR and 1BR available. And pieces here and there of studios. The new RRV has like 6 nights in some rooms.

I must echo what the others have said: Disney has been attempting for years to fill the parks and accommodations as much as possible by adding events and festivals, and now they have SWGE opening in late summer. Add to that the DVC season schedule when so much of this time is low point usage, and you have difficult to get rooms, in some cases even at 11 months. One more item that has recently exacerbated the booking situation is the advent of the Poly bungalows and Copper Creek cabins. Disney entices buyers with the notion that they can book those bungalows/cabins at 11 months, and with fairy dust clouding judgment, I'm certain a goodly number of buyers jump right in. Later, in the cold light of day, those same buyers quickly figure out their points won't stretch far booking cabins or bungalows. Thus, the DVC market if flooded with with points from all those buyers who will rarely stay in a cabin but who now compete for limited studios, 1BRs, and 2BRs. I don't see the situation getting better, either. Now, more than ever, the mantra "buy where you want to stay" rings true. That being said, I most definitely would use the waitlist because rooms do break free, especially if you're willing to be flexible and do split stays. We also check the availability online every day when trying to secure rooms, and we've had a fair amount of success doing that. Again, you might have to be willing to commit to split stays. Best of luck!
Absolutely correct. I'll go one step further: If you can't afford the points to secure a cabin? Do not buy at sites with CABINS (or Bungalows). That which you can not afford simply creates a crowding issue. Buy elsewhere, safe in the knowledge that you can book a cabin, or bungalow, at SEVEN months.

ALWAYS remember - no Resort is truly "sold out" - you may just need to demand points for WHERE you wish to call "home", and WAIT. This is exactly how DW and I got BRV, YEARS after it was "sold out". 300 points, direct from Disney. Do we use our 11 month home resort advantage? You BET we do. Already booked for NOV 2019, and APR 2020 :).

Trying to stay away from BLT or AKV for only the second time, in Jan, and it's so frustrating. It's always the one day (first day) being unavailable which blocks the whole booking. I'm hoping to try out BCV, Riviera or Poly, but the way things are you just have to pick one and cross your fingers that you'll win the internet-speed race within that interval between 8:00:00 and 8:00:01.

Anyone know if this gets better for late Jan? Just hoping to get there at some point during adventure season

Trying to stay away from BLT or AKV for only the second time, in Jan, and it's so frustrating. It's always the one day (first day) being unavailable which blocks the whole booking. I'm hoping to try out BCV, Riviera or Poly, but the way things are you just have to pick one and cross your fingers that you'll win the internet-speed race within that interval between 8:00:00 and 8:00:01.

Anyone know if this gets better for late Jan? Just hoping to get there at some point during adventure season
It should. Right now, you are competing with those who want to stay for Marathon weekend (Jan 8-12). That's a very popular time.

Good luck!

I also think it should ease up a tiny bit. The Marathon weekend is big and busy.

The last few years have been like this. 10-15 years ago you could easily book relatively last minute trips with DVC (most room types), but those days are sadly gone. Just like "low season", booking any less than 7 months out may be non-existent for certain rooms/resorts.

Think about it though:
- Run Disney Race weekends: 1st weekend on November, and early January
- EPCOT food and wine September-November
- Thanksgiving break
- Fall breaks in October (some November...Jersey Week)
- Winter break
- Halloween Parties late August- October
- Opening of Star Wars Galaxies Edge
- Any other extra event : after-hours, etc.

I have a three night vacation planned for the last week of Jan and am trying to change it to a four night stay (used home resort points to book those three nights and didn't have more to book the fourth). I've been looking at one bedroom villas because we just don't care for studios and even many of them have nights booked here and there for the last week of January. We may have several choices when my change date gets here, but already some are gone.

1 beds were wide open for Xmas and New Year at 7 months- BWV, BRW, OKW, BCV, SSR, AKL, RIV (standard was open 8am, but went within minutes but preferred no probs) could all easily be booked bang on 7 months. I also booked BLT but that may have been lucky. This was for stays of 5+ nights.
They go very quickly though after 7 months at this peak time.

I have had excellent luck waitlisting. The last trip we took in February, we split our reservations to stay one booked night at Saratoga, but my Boulder Ridge waitlist came through. Something similar happened on the trip before. This time, we decided we wanted to go in September for a few days. Had trouble cobbling days together. Tried again a few days later and there were 6 straight nights available, so we snapped it up. This was just last week, so don’t don’t give up hope! Maybe we are super lucky, but in 19 years we’ve never had a waitlist request not come through.

Since we normally travel in Fall, I wouldn't like it, but shouldn't DVC adjust points to make Fall stays higher? The intention of them being able to re-allocate points is to allow them to spread out the demand. If everyone wants Fall dates, then Fall point values should be increased. If they increased values high enough, people would decide to travel at other times of the year.

I realize that Disney also uses this as a tool to keep their parks full during slower times. I don't think that they are putting member's experiences high on the list though. They want to get people into their parks when demand is low. If that means having unbalanced point charts, they are fine with that. This is a tool that they have to attract people to their parks during slower periods.

This is the new norm now. At your home resort, you should make your reservations before the 7 month window opens, and at other resorts your reservation (or waitlist) should be submitted as soon as the 7 month window opens. That is your best chance at securing your reservation.

hopefully you had a waitlist in at AKL-Kidani since they opened up a bunch of rooms from October through January

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter