"All The Single Riders" .... **COMPLETED** 10th Feb 2012

Yes another great update! A quiet shop along main street is my type of heaven! x

i'm loving your trip report, i love that you got to stay in the park for almost an hour after it closed. what an amazing picture of the castle. looking forward to hear the rest xx

great TR. And photos - amazing. I love borders and they way photos are taken. They seem different. :wizard:

Lovely day - seems like you almost had the park to yourself :cool1:

We have one of the popcorn buckets :thumbsup2 Got it when we were watching Tarzan, and now DS has all his Disney Cars in it :goodvibes

Looking forward to more popcorn::

Yes another great update! A quiet shop along main street is my type of heaven! x

I must admit I did go a little bit crazy shopping on this trip, it was all too tempting :rolleyes1

i'm loving your trip report, i love that you got to stay in the park for almost an hour after it closed. what an amazing picture of the castle. looking forward to hear the rest xx

It's well worth hanging around after the park officially closes, I love wandering around Main Street when it's nearly empty :cloud9:

great TR. And photos - amazing. I love borders and they way photos are taken. They seem different. :wizard:

Thanks, I've just re-sized some as I thought they looked a bit odd. Plenty more photos to come :thumbsup2

Lovely day - seems like you almost had the park to yourself :cool1:

We have one of the popcorn buckets :thumbsup2 Got it when we were watching Tarzan, and now DS has all his Disney Cars in it :goodvibes

Looking forward to more popcorn::

The Popcorn buckets were so cute, great idea using it as somewhere to keep the toys :thumbsup2

my DS has a blue one with white stars and Disney characters on. Cap is white, not ears, but like ice cream cone. Kids keep Toy story figures there.

This is fantastic, I love the freedom of being alone in the parks - you have me considering a solitary couple of days during one of my study weeks! :lmao:

It is amazing though how much extra you can fit in when you're alone or in a pair. When I visit with my whole family then there are lots of little disagreements and we end up being pulled in five different directions at once! Visiting with DFi was lovely because we were on a similar wavelength and packed in so much more.

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

I am loving this trip report!

I just wish i was rich enough to stay in the DLH :sad2:

But Santa Fe in October will just do fine for me :cool1::banana:

my DS has a blue one with white stars and Disney characters on. Cap is white, not ears, but like ice cream cone. Kids keep Toy story figures there.

I love that you have found a good use for them when you get them home :goodvibes

This is fantastic, I love the freedom of being alone in the parks - you have me considering a solitary couple of days during one of my study weeks! :lmao:

It is amazing though how much extra you can fit in when you're alone or in a pair. When I visit with my whole family then there are lots of little disagreements and we end up being pulled in five different directions at once! Visiting with DFi was lovely because we were on a similar wavelength and packed in so much more.

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

There is a lot to be said for solo touring from time to time; you do get a lot more done
I must admit I missed DH terribly on this trip though :lovestruc

I am loving this trip report!

I just wish i was rich enough to stay in the DLH :sad2:

But Santa Fe in October will just do fine for me :cool1::banana:

As long as you are there it doesn't matter where you stay :cloud9: we have stayed at Santa Fe before and had a fab time

where's update? :goodvibes

I know, I know, I am rubbish - I promise to be more 'on it' next week :thumbsup2

Weds 18th Jan Continued

Hi everyone :goodvibes

Sorry these updates are taking longer than usual; it’s been a very busy few days!

So after I left DLP I headed back to my lovely room to freshen up before heading to my favorite attraction at DLP - The Fantasia Cafe Bar at The Disneyland Hotel :rotfl:

43775ba4.jpg

3fde27c1.jpg

Fantasia Cafe Bar - Disneyland Hotel

Oh how I love this place; now I know that this isn’t a cheap place to get a drink but I just love everything about it, the decor, the atmosphere, the staff ooh and the cocktail list might have something to do with it as well :rolleyes1

A quick scan of the drinks menu and a decision was made

474932d2.jpg

“Le Per Dita” – Grey Goose Vodka, Chambord, Monin Strawberry Mix, Monin Rose Syrup and Perrier

Mmm this was delicious, not too sweet and a nice blend of flavors :cloud9:; apparently this drink was the winner of the 2011 ‘DLP Shaker Challenge’; an annual competition between the various hotel bars to create a new cocktail

A bargain at 13.50 Euros :scared1:

I read my book and listened to the pianist whilst nibbling on the snacks and slowly sipping my drink; a wonderful way to relax

I started to feel a bit peckish and it was getting fairly late so I settled my bill and headed back to my room to grab my coat before heading into Disney Village

I really only wanted to grab something quick so I headed straight for Earl Of Sandwich which is a big favorite of me and DH when we are in Orlando

f8a8d61f.jpg

Ordering was quick and simple and once I had collected my food I headed upstairs to find a table (I used my shareholders card to get 10% discount)

There’s a large outside seating area here which I imagine would be a wonderful place to sit in the summer and watch the world go by

Anyway onto the food

8441ca49.jpg

The Veggie – Feta Cheese, Lettuce, Roma Tomato, Cucumber, Red Onion, Roasted Red Peppers & Mediterranean Dressing

This was absolutely delicious and just what the Doctor ordered; it was every bit as good as the Florida version. The bread was fresh and warm and the feta and salad were excellent :lovestruc

I made a quick call to DH (who was very jealous that I was sitting in EOS :laughing:) before heading out into the Village for a wander around the shops before heading back to DLH for a wonderful nights sleep :cloud9:

IMG_1314.jpg

Coming Up Next - Why have one breakfast when you can have two!

that cocktail looks lovely, i can't wait to have my first DLRP cocktail in 2 weeks time :yay::yay:, glad EOS is as good as Florida, we're planning on eating there once or twice when we go. more lovely photos, looking forward to the rest xx

Ooh, I do love Cafe Fantasia! I missed it on our most recent trip. :sad2:

That cocktail looks incredible, we'll just ignore the price! :lmao:

that cocktail looks lovely, i can't wait to have my first DLRP cocktail in 2 weeks time :yay::yay:, glad EOS is as good as Florida, we're planning on eating there once or twice when we go. more lovely photos, looking forward to the rest xx

Only two weeks to wait! - how exciting :banana:

Ooh, I do love Cafe Fantasia! I missed it on our most recent trip. :sad2:

That cocktail looks incredible, we'll just ignore the price! :lmao:

If I start saving up now I may just about have enough Euros to actually get tipsy at Cafe Fantasia by this time next year :laughing:

This TR makes me very jealous!

Your ticker makes me jealous :laughing:

Thursday 19th Jan 2012 - Part One

After a wonderful nights sleep I was awake bright and early and headed for a swim; the pool here really is lovely and I had the pool to myself :goodvibes

Once I had showered and dressed I was more than ready for breakfast so I headed off to Inventions where I was quickly seated at a window table with a coffee in my hand and a wonderful view :cloud9:

d273789c.jpg

What a way to start the day

The breakfast buffet is really very good here, there is a good selection of both hot and cold food.

IMG_1339.jpg

Inventions Buffet

One section is full of cold meats, cheeses and bread; next up is an area of fruit, yoghurts, cereal etc

In the centre of the buffet is the hot section with bacon, sausage, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, pancakes etc

IMG_1341.jpg

Finally there is a vast array of fresh pastries and breads with various jams, honey, nutella etc

I headed straight to the fresh fruit and yoghurt which was absolutely delicious

087e53de.jpg

Mixed Fruit & Yoghurt

Next I headed to the hot section where I grabbed some eggs and a pancake

0d4af61a.jpg

Scrambled Eggs, Pancakes, Maple Syrup

The pancakes were lovely, especially when covered with maple syrup :thumbsup2 but I didn’t like the eggs at all; I can’t put my finger on why but they seemed to have an odd texture

Finally I toasted some rye bread and grabbed a cheeky pain au raisin

8ab40d94.jpg

One side healthy, one side not so healthy!

By the way the coffee here is really good and my lovely server always made sure I was topped up :thumbsup2

As I left the restaurant, the big cheese himself was just outside so I stopped to say “bonjour”

294ce60e.jpg

Next Up - Breakfast Number 2!

Continued in next post

Thursday 19th January - Continued

Following Breakfast I headed back to my room to grab my stuff

The park wasn’t opening until 10am and I was at a bit of a loose end so I decided to take my first ever visit to Salon Mickey :goodvibes

I became a Shareholder shortly before this trip and as such could visit the Salon up to five times per month

I have to say that the discounts I managed to get on food and shopping (erm, a lot of shopping :rotfl:) when presenting my Shareholder Card made this a really worthwhile thing to do :teacher:

f612ce63.jpg

Salon Mickey

It felt very cool to knock on the door

48a2d84f.jpg

Knock Knock …. Who’s There?

I was greeted warmly by the CM on duty who checked my Shareholder Card and Entry Ticket and invited me to help myself to a pastry and a hot drink

Now obviously I hadn’t had anything to eat for …ooohh …. 10 minutes; so of course I helped myself :laughing:

7be44cf2.jpg

Cappuccino and Pain Au Chocolate

Oh sweet heavens; this was just delicious!!

I’m not usually a fan of Pain Au Chocolate but this was off the scale good :cloud9:

I was the only person in the Salon so I took the opportunity to take a few photos

6e75e7c9.jpg

6cb747b4.jpg

It's a fairly small room but really cozy and inviting

0b02e304.jpg

As well as the hot drinks (hot choc, coffee, latte etc) there is also a fridge with juice and water

There are some lovely details and photos of Walt around the room

866332e4.jpg

420eb53b.jpg

What a wonderful way to spend half an hour :)

My plans for the morning were fairly loose but I had a very busy afternoon planned; I was taking the Guided Tour of Disneyland Park at 1pm; quickly followed by the Guided Tour of The Studios at 4pm

I still had plenty of time to get over to The Studios for park opening so I decided to head over there and hit as many of the headliners as possible before heading back to DLP for the tour

After gathering my belongings and picking my card and tickets back up from the lovely CM; I headed over to The Studios :tiptoe:

Coming Up Next ..... a turtle, a toy car, a sausage dog and a faulty elevator

what a cocktail :lovestruc it loks soooooo nice. Can't wait to try one myself. Will do this for sure - take my time, enjoy and relax

I'm really jealous of your trip - I wish I could do one too, but I doubt my little Disney fans would let me go alone :rotfl:

Sounds your trip was truly magical and wonderful. I just love the way you share it with us.

Keep it coming, your TR brightens my day :goodvibes

I love the breakfast you were so well behaved I would have a stack of pancakes just to start lol!

what a cocktail :lovestruc it loks soooooo nice. Can't wait to try one myself. Will do this for sure - take my time, enjoy and relax

I'm really jealous of your trip - I wish I could do one too, but I doubt my little Disney fans would let me go alone :rotfl:

Sounds your trip was truly magical and wonderful. I just love the way you share it with us.

Keep it coming, your TR brightens my day :goodvibes

Thanks for reading along :goodvibes; I will hopefully get another update done today

I love the breakfast you were so well behaved I would have a stack of pancakes just to start lol!

:laughing: I was pacing myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter