All those wanting PHL to MCO

dh didn't want to play the game anymore. I didn't know what to do and with our luck, I didn't want to chance it. We booked airfare, from PHL to MCO about $247pp. It's higher than I wanted but the best fare, as of 2 wks ago. We tried the Airtran special but, for our dates, it wasn't working. As it turns out, SW would have been about $40.00 lower (total) and I'm ok, so far. If things get lower, I'll be upset with our decision. however, if we'd have booked SW and a Ding came along, I'm not sure if we'd be able to use the credit, within one year. We had checked at AC but that didn't work. Didn't think of BWI but not sure dh would go for that. We have friends that did it before SW was flying out of PHL and dh thought it was more than he'd want to do. It wouldn't be bad driving to BWI, but coming home, he wasn't sure he'd be in the mood for that.

I'm glad I visited these boards because I didn't know you could rebook SWA at a lower price. I may just book at 79$ out of BWI and then search everyday for the cheaper flights. They WILL get cheaper!!!! It is hurricane season. I don't care that gas is rising, there has got to be a sale this summer and I am persistent. I will check every morning and night. I actually like flying out of BWI. The only draw back for my August trip is that DH is not coming. I know he would drive me to PHL, but he may not drive me and pick me up from BWI.

Max is my favorite cat! :love:

Thanks DonnaL! I did get a 12:45 pm flight out and an 8:10 pm flight back. Not too bad, I thought. Would have rathered an earlier flight to MCO, but 12:45 was the earliest they had at the $79.00 rate.

Thanks for the info!

njoyurlife,

As far as handling the car issue.....we've rented a car at AVP and dropped at PHL and then in reverse coming back, also. That previously was just about even with putting our car in a lot at PHL (not to mention worrying about it parked at PHL airport). However, prices have gone way up for one way rentals lately. All I'm getting is around $60.00 with all taxes, etc. each way.
Since parking at PHL averages about $9-$10 per day for a week it's about $40-$50 more to do the rental car. Previously we were paying about $37
from AVP and $43 from PHL. I keep checking and a few weeks back I did manage to get a good price for our October trip, I think $39 and $45 so I booked it. But, DH and I just decided to take advantage of the SW $59 fares the first week of June and take our DGS for a quick four day trip (school's out!!) and I can't touch a one way rental for under $60 each way. So, I think I'll give it another few weeks and then if prices don't come down a little we probably will leave our car in one of the secure lots at PHL.

I thought I would bump this again so people could post what they have been getting. I am still going to gamble for the ding.. But wanted to see what I was passing up.

I am also waiting for SW to open up the later September dates for PHL to MCO. I can also use AC Airport or Newark so at least I have a few options.

I am looking for the last week of July Philly-MCO. When do you think they will ding this time frame.

mickey mommy said:
I have the same issue - trying to go from PHL to MCO 8/13 to 8/19. I was excited when I heard SW released more dates to book, but was disappointed to see it was not the $79 fares. Do you think they will come down or should I just book BWI to MCO (2 hr drive to BWI vs. 1 hr drive to PHL) The difference at this point is $1165 (PHL) to $885 (BWI). Seems like alot of savings and should be a no brainer, but still wondering if those prices will come down for PHL.

The USAIR prices (not great flight times) were the exact same price as SW.

Looks like we are neighbors! :wave: I don't know what to say about the airfare coming down :confused3 , but I wouldn't hesitate to fly from BWI. My DBF flies frequently for work and opts to fly out of BWI instead of PHL quite often just because things seem to be slightly more "organized" at BWI. The only downside to BWI is that traffic on 95 can be very heavy during rush hour, on my last trip to BWI my bags were late checked and the plane was boarding when I got to the gate, not to mention the fact that I had to pay $60 to park for two days because I didn't have time to fool around at a remote parking lot!

DJSMOM said:
I am also looking for fares from PHL to MCO. I am going in the end of September so the SW fares released today still do not help me. I had previously tried Airtran for non-stop flights and it seems that their prices have now begun to drop based on info I found on a discount site. (I can't post it due to the limits of the forums)At the rate SW released today, if I think it will be the same for my dates, it will be $699.30. If I go with Airtran, it will only be $531.30. It looks like a no-brainer but I still deep down inside have the hope that SW will offer at least a $59 each way. If you were in my shoes would you sit it out and hope SW steps up to the plate? Or would you book Airtran? I am perplexed.

I am in the same boat, that last two years I went the last week in August and had the $49 one way rate coming and going. I am praying they will offer it again but at the same time I'm getting really nervous about the prices thus far OH! What to do :confused3

To deelam: I would start looking every day from now for the ding. Really don't get crazy about it until two months out. Right now they only have May. The dings used to have less restrictions as far as the day you could travel and they did not have as tight of date restrictions as they do now.

Last year I went to DW in May for work. I was not going to take my kids but then 4 weeks before there was a ding for $49. I took everyone. Again, last summer I waited until 5 weeks out in Aug for my ding. I was never this worried, I knew the ding would come. Now I'm not as sure.

This next trip is more crucial to get a flight. I am going to keep checking for dings out Philly but at the same time if one is not here for my aug trip by the first week in July, I will book from BWI for $79. For our family of five that is over a $150 savings. I have flown bwi before not so bad if flights are booked to avoid rush hour or weekend flights.

Lol..You all remind me of the game show "Deal or No Deal"

If you can get the flight times you want on non-stop flights for under $200.00, I'd say "Deal".
I booked my flight for June 6 months ago at $212.00 rt. It was more than I hoped to pay but I have the exact flights I wanted and the fare has only gone up for the flights I chose.

What good is it to save $20 or $25.00 on your flights if you lose days at Disney because your cheap flight departs your home city late in the day and returns early in the morning? Now, I'm not saying all the cheaper flights are late departing and early return, but thats the risk you take in this air fare game.

For me, the real savings come into play when you can utilize your first day and your last day, basically saving 2 nights hotel.

GrumpyLuver said:
Looks like we are neighbors! :wave: I don't know what to say about the airfare coming down :confused3 , but I wouldn't hesitate to fly from BWI. My DBF flies frequently for work and opts to fly out of BWI instead of PHL quite often just because things seem to be slightly more "organized" at BWI. The only downside to BWI is that traffic on 95 can be very heavy during rush hour, on my last trip to BWI my bags were late checked and the plane was boarding when I got to the gate, not to mention the fact that I had to pay $60 to park for two days because I didn't have time to fool around at a remote parking lot!

HI NEIGHBOR! :wave2: I agree that traffic is an issue. We should be okay since we are leaving on a Sunday around noonish and returning on a Saturday around 10:30 pm. I'll be sure to check out the parking situation! Thanks!

By the way, has anyone used Econopark Express at BWI? The rates are unbelievably cheap $5.75/day with coupon and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience, good or bad.

I noticed that SW has lowerd the fare from MCO to PHL for my return date. When SW opened the dates for the end of Aug, beg of sept. PHL to MCO was $109 each leg. I did not book this as I thought this was higher than I usually pay. Also, they had no real good early am flights. While BWI has early flights and at a rate of $79.

Now I look and they still offer $109 going down in aug. but going home they lowerd the fare from MCO to PHL to $79. Now if they would just lower both ways. Why does BWI get a cheaper rate then PHL???

I am thinking of booking in PHL for $109 and $79, but the flight times could be better.

disregard my last post.
It is still $109 both legs of trip for PHL. I guess I had the wrong date plugged in or the wrong city last time.... Oh well still waiting.

Goobergal99 said:
I am in the same boat, that last two years I went the last week in August and had the $49 one way rate coming and going. I am praying they will offer it again but at the same time I'm getting really nervous about the prices thus far OH! What to do :confused3

I am getting nervous, too! And it's not even for me!
Me, DH, :tink:DD9, :tink:DD7 and DM are driving. My aunt, uncle, and pirate: nephew are flying. I keep checking prices for them..... so far Airtran seems the cheapest-$79 each way. I haven't seen an increase yet.... but who knows. My uncle keeps saying have faith and wait a little longer. I guess he doesn't really have a whole lot to lose because they will drive with us if the fares get too high.

But I do wish everyone good luck!

Maybe this will help someone. When I booked my package for the free dining thing in September I didn't know to ask about airfare until 2 days after I booked. I read about it somewhere on TGM. I called back and was able to get $129 RT NS ($157 with taxes and fees). I booked directly through Disney. Maybe they are still running the promotion. It's worth a phone call.

mrslur said:
Maybe this will help someone. When I booked my package for the free dining thing in September I didn't know to ask about airfare until 2 days after I booked. I read about it somewhere on TGM. I called back and was able to get $129 RT NS ($157 with taxes and fees). I booked directly through Disney. Maybe they are still running the promotion. It's worth a phone call.

That's a great price! :thumbsup2

Does anyone have experience with hotels near the airport that let you park for free for the week if you stay the previous night? I'm thinking this might be a reasonable thing to do but am looking for hotels that offer it.
Thanks.

I rec'd an e-mail from Sprit last week that had certain dates open for May with $8 one way fare. I didn't think I could go on such short notice but then my sisters said they would go for $8.... Now I don't see this offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter