• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Ticket Prices Went Up Overnight (02/23/2014)

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
The new prices are already up on the Disney website. Allears still has the older prices listed for comparison.
http://allears.net/pl/ticketchart.htm

Keep in mind that the Disney prices do not include tax while Allears factors taxes in.

ETA: Allears has updated their webpage to reflect the new prices. I still have the old page open on another tab so that I can compare the increase.

I saw this and BLEH..... I don't care about some people who say 'oh,qit compliaining or just stop going' that is silly- we love to go, but the instant price hike just feels so nasty... a lot of stuff lately feels nasty. It does make me ticked off, b/c it's always been such a fun place to visit....we could have had a warning

I saw this and BLEH..... I don't care about some people who say 'oh,qit compliaining or just stop going' that is silly- we love to go, but the instant price hike just feels so nasty... a lot of stuff lately feels nasty. It does make me ticked off, b/c it's always been such a fun place to visit....we could have had a warning

what a dirty thing for them to do. Ugh wish I had gotten my reservations made. Now to watch for promos.
It was leaked late yesterday. I agree that it wasn't much notice but it usually isn't. Kind of sucks that they did it on a Sunday. I'm sure that a lot of people were caught unaware of the impending increase.

And "pay more, get less" continues at WDW. :headache: I'm having a very hard time justifying our long-dreamed-of adults only trip at this rate. More expensive rooms, more expensive dining, more expensive tickets, and having to ride standby for at least half the headliners is a very hard sell. :sad1:

Glad I bought mine last week too! Would have cost me another $18 for my 7day park hopper & water park & more ticket!

This is how they did it last June too. Gave a day's notice...very sneaky. You might still be able to get tickets at the old prices for awhile using UT. I seem to remember that last year Undercover Tourist offered them at the prices before the ticket price increase until they ran out.

Old Gate Price with tax
2 Day MYW Base $ 195.96 $ 183.18
3 Day MYW Base $ 279.03 $ 259.86
4 Day MYW Base $ 297.14 $ 276.90
5 Day MYW Base $ 307.79 $ 287.55
6 Day MYW Base $ 318.44 $ 298.20
7 Day MYW Base $ 329.09 $ 308.85
8 Day MYW Base $ 339.74 $ 319.50
9 Day MYW Base $ 350.39 $ 330.15
10 Day MYW Base $ 361.04 $ 340.80

New Gate Price with Tax
2 Day MYW Base $ 200.22 $ 186.38
3 Day MYW Base $ 291.81 $ 271.58
4 Day MYW Base $ 313.11 $ 291.81
5 Day MYW Base $ 323.76 $ 302.46
6 Day MYW Base $ 334.41 $ 313.11
7 Day MYW Base $ 345.06 $ 323.76
8 Day MYW Base $ 355.71 $ 334.41
9 Day MYW Base $ 366.36 $ 345.06
10 Day MYW Base $ 377.01 $ 355.71

Cost of Addons before Increase
Park Hopper Add On
All Tickets Over 1 Day $ 59.00 $ 62.84 w/tax
Water Park Fun & More Add On $ 59.00 $ 62.84 w/tax
Both Add Ons
Added at Same Time $ 84.00 $ 89.46 w/tax

Cost of Addons After Increase
Park Hopper Add On
All Tickets Over 1 Day $ 60.00 $ 63.90 w/tax
Water Park Fun & More Add On $ 60.00 $ 63.90 w/tax
Both Add Ons
Added at Same Time $ 86.00 $ 91.59 w/tax

Cost of Adding No-Expiry Before Increase
Add to 2 Day MYW $ 35.00 $ 37.28 w/tax
Add to 3 Day MYW $ 45.00 $ 47.93 w/tax
Add to 4 Day MYW $ 95.00 $ 101.18
Add to 5 Day MYW $ 145.00 $ 154.43 w/tax
Add to 6 Day MYW $ 190.00 $ 202.35
Add to 7 Day MYW $ 220.00 $ 234.30 w/tax
Add to 8 Day MYW $ 245.00 $ 260.93 w/tax
Add to 9 Day MYW $ 280.00 $ 298.20 w/tax
Add to 10 Day MYW $ 325.00 $ 346.13 w/tax

Cost of Adding No-Expiry After Increase
Add to 2 Day MYW $ 40.00 $ 42.60 w/tax
Add to 3 Day MYW $ 50.00 $ 53.25 w/tax
Add to 4 Day MYW $ 100.00 $ 106.50 w/tax
Add to 5 Day MYW $ 160.00 $ 170.40 w/tax
Add to 6 Day MYW $ 210.00 $ 223.65 w/tax
Add to 7 Day MYW $ 250.00 $ 266.25 w/tax
Add to 8 Day MYW $ 270.00 $ 287.55 w/tax
Add to 9 Day MYW $ 295.00 $ 314.18 w/tax
Add to 10 Day MYW $ 340.00 $ 362.10 w/tax

And "pay more, get less" continues at WDW. :headache: I'm having a very hard time justifying our long-dreamed-of adults only trip at this rate. More expensive rooms, more expensive dining, more expensive tickets, and having to ride standby for at least half the headliners is a very hard sell. :sad1:

This is why we haven't been back to Disney. I know a lot of people say that Disney is a cheaper vacation compared to other places, but Disney is the highest for me. I can go to Vegas for longer and cheaper :thumbsup2

Couldn't agree with you more. I am/was a diehard Disney fan but the taste in my mouth is getting more and more sour. I can take change, I'm not naive. But at some point they are going to hit my value threshold and it's darn close.
I just started saving for a trip and for the first time ever I am saving with several destinations in mind instead of planning the trip to Disney and starting the saving. I'll have to see where our hearts lie when it's time to book something, but I guarantee you if Disney is included, they are getting less of my money, not more. Too much uncertainty.
Universal is a given and we'll do as much time there as Disney if we bother with Disney at all.

Couldn't agree with you more. I am/was a diehard Disney fan but the taste in my mouth is getting more and more sour. I can take change, I'm not naive. But at some point they are going to hit my value threshold and it's darn close.
I just started saving for a trip and for the first time ever I am saving with several destinations in mind instead of planning the trip to Disney and starting the saving. I'll have to see where our hearts lie when it's time to book something, but I guarantee you if Disney is included, they are getting less of my money, not more. Too much uncertainty.
Universal is a given and we'll do as much time there as Disney if we bother with Disney at all.

:thumbsup2 I would love to go back to Universal! It was awesome there! When we went they had a tropical storm come through - so that made it an interesting trip :lmao:

We used to go to WDW every year for a few days and bought 10 day no expiration park hoppers for just over $300 in 2006. I now have an annual pass to BG Williamsburg + water park ($13/month) and I pay $72/year each for to passes for my kids for the season. There's not much value in WDW for me anymore. Dcl is still my splurge but even that is getting out of control:(

I say we let Robert Iger know how we feel about how this went down.
His e-mail address is: robert.a.iger@disney.com
After all, he has only made over $100 Million in 3 years.

Mr. Iger’s Total Reported Compensation
Fiscal 2011 Fiscal 2012 Fiscal 2013
$40,227,848 $34,321,055 $33,434,398
Info from the SEC.GOV website:
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1001039/000120677414000306/waltdisney_def14a.htm
This isn't a public figure that is being paid with your tax dollars. If you don't like the price increase, do what every other consumer does when they want to send a message to a company - take your money elsewhere. I certain don't expect him to take less compensation for his expertise and efforts just because the masses are unhappy with a few dollars in ticket price increases. We are still a capitalistic society.

I say we let Robert Iger know how we feel about how this went down.
His e-mail address is: robert.a.iger@disney.com
After all, he has only made over $100 Million in 3 years.

Mr. Iger’s Total Reported Compensation
Fiscal 2011 Fiscal 2012 Fiscal 2013
$40,227,848 $34,321,055 $33,434,398
Info from the SEC.GOV website:
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1001039/000120677414000306/waltdisney_def14a.htm

You would think with those drops that they should be looking into what is possibly happening. I understand that they need money to make the place run - but you also have to look at the economy with how many people are without work, and those finding some might only get a minimum paying job just to make it.

Was going to wait to buy my son's no-expire hopper until closer to our June cruise (still recovering from two newly purchased DVC PAP's) but quickly went to my Mousesavers newsletter and using the link, was able to still get him the ticket at the old price at Undercover Tourist.

I've used UT before for tickets, and love them even more now that I was able to avoid the fallout from the stealth increase!

Agreed. I understand that prices keep going up on everything but Disney seems to be the king in raising ticket prices. This time without warning seems very cheeky.

We have been looking at other options for a bit now and finding new fun places to go. Of course we always will love the mouse but for now, our money is going elsewhere.

I just started saving for a trip and for the first time ever I am saving with several destinations in mind instead of planning the trip to Disney and starting the saving. I'll have to see where our hearts lie when it's time to book something

Me too. DH & I had to put off our adults-only trip, which was intended to be an all-Disney splurge - Flower & Garden (now Food & Wine, if we stick with WDW), Backstage Magic tour, signature chef's table dining every night, etc - but at this point I'm researching other destinations as well. I'm just not sure that the Disney experience is worth the $3500+ price tag.

Just got my tickets at the old prices on Undercover Tourist!! :banana:

They say they'll keep selling the old tickets till they run out!

I paid $318 for a 7-day ticket; Disney's new price was $345! I used the Mouse Saver's link from the newsletter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter