Allentown PA, July 15th, 2006 Who's Comin?!?!?!

tiggerwannabe

~Optimistic Realist~
Go to page 6 & tell us who's goin....less than two more weeks people, this is gonna be awesome!

The plans are in the works for a new disney fans meet in Allentown PA this year...anyone interested in coming to the meet or volunteering to help with running it ~ visit us at dismeets.com for information or PM me to volunteer :cool2:

**note: this is a completely independent Disney Fans gathering and is in no way affiliated with disboards.com**​

I am currently talking to the organizer...

As soon as he gives me the go ahead we'll be running this train full force back to Allentown Pennsylvania...

The website is being updated as we speak, it's still at dismeets.com~if you wanna visit us there :)

Jen, above, can attest to how much fun we had at the meet last year and this one is going to be even bigger and even better than the last :hyper:

Pictures, links and details from last years meet are linked on the dismeets website~

[size=-2]**note: this is a completely independent Disney Fans gathering and is in no way affiliated with disboards.com**[/size]

A bit of detail for you all, directly from last years Allentown gathering...

PrintLogo1.gif

Fans all ears at Disney meet
By Daryl Nerl
The Morning Call
www.mcall.com/news/local/all-5disneyjul10,0,3517160.story?coll=all-newslocal-hed
7/11/2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's a small world after all.
Until Saturday, Estelle Taylor of Bethlehem and Melinda Walsh of Easton had never met face to face, yet they had an instantaneous bond of friendship as they sat together at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Allentown.

They call it Disney magic.

More than 160 people just like Taylor and Walsh descended on downtown Allentown to talk Dopey, Goofy, mouse ears, pixie dust and all things Disney.

That to end, organizer Fred Block made the second annual Disney Fan Meet a mousing, er, rousing success.

A year ago, Block planned a similar event in Edison, N.J., that brought out 40 Disney enthusiasts. As word spread, Block of Sayreville, N.J., said he was asked to plan events in other states.

Instead, he decided to organize a regional event in a central location. Using mapping software, Block said he plotted a 200-mile radius of the Northeast and determined Allentown to be the central point, giving his audience the ability to drive to the event within three hours.

Block said he hopes to bring the meet back to Allentown next summer with about 250 Disney fans. The fan meet is modeled on a national event called MouseFest, held each December at Disney World in Orlando, Fla.

The event featured talks from Disney vacation experts such as Len Testa, the director of data collection and field research for ''The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.''

Among his job duties is to ride the rides at Disney World, keeping track of how long it takes to wait in line. Tuesday is apparently the best day of the week to avoid crowds at the Magic Kingdom. Saturday, contrary to popular belief, is not the busiest day; Sunday is.

The meet was mostly a social event, as guests mingled and chatted, sharing their Disney vacation experiences or planning future trips.

Taylor and Walsh, with their families, are both planning to be on the same Disney cruise ship Aug. 20, which will leave Long Beach, Calif., near Disneyland, go through the Panama Canal and arrive at Port Canaveral, Fla., near Disney World, two weeks later.

During the past 18 months, more than 300 people from around the world have developed an online community of those who will board that ship, Taylor said. They have made lanyards, dubbing themselves the ''Ship of Fools,'' to spot each other. They plan to dine together and share wine they bring from as far as Australia.

Asked why she loves Disney so much, Taylor said, ''The friendship and the magic. I've made friends all over the world. I feel comfortable at Disney. It's a very homey atmosphere.''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't wait...emailed Fred tonight about it. I'll be sure to pass the word along. :thumbsup2

Tried to pm you but your mail box is full. Let me know if you still need help. I would be happy to volunteer

I'll be in touch with my volunteers this weekend~ Stayed Tuned~

PM me if you'd like to volunteer :)

The Meet is on July 15th from 11am to 6pm...

I made it a day trip last year but intend to stay overnight this time.

Is it going to be in the same place too? I am on the email list, but have only gotten a "We are working on it" email. I heard rumours it would be in Hershey, but I suppose that is now wishfull thinking, eh?

mickeyfan1 said:
Is it going to be in the same place too? I am on the email list, but have only gotten a "We are working on it" email. I heard rumours it would be in Hershey, but I suppose that is now wishfull thinking, eh?
News is coming soon!

~Fred and I are putting our staff and ideas together. He's writing the announcement as we speak~

I have a list of volunteers and am tweaking a list of jobs that need to be filled. I will soon start matching up the two.

I am still taking volunteers btw if anyone out there is interested,
PM or email me.

~Stay Tuned~

Hi everyone, I live in Alburtis...about 7 miles from Allentown. If you need any help LMK!

Sadly, the plans for Hershey fell through. That's all I can or want to really say about that. I was premature in announcing even the hint. I've learned my lesson. :)

Anyway, it's in Allentown at the same place last year's meet was held.

That's all I can really discuss at this time. If you are on the mailing list, you will be getting info very shortly. :)

Everyone please take note that I will be posting limited information here on the DIS per the request of the Administrators and Moderators and I fully expect to honor that request.

If you need anything specific to meet info, contact me or Colleen via email or a PM.

Fred

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter