Allergy Food Pictures

Yes I hope we will be taking pictures of lots of yummy food!

I am excited to know DD will have so many choices. I just don't know how she will do with the "extra attention". She is 16 so sometimes any "differences" are an issue for her...but other times it is no problem. She has done a great job dealing with eating gluten free but honestly at school events she often just doesn't eat until she gets home!

She is excited to go on a trip and not have stomach issues! :)

Yes I hope we will be taking pictures of lots of yummy food!

I am excited to know DD will have so many choices. I just don't know how she will do with the "extra attention". She is 16 so sometimes any "differences" are an issue for her...but other times it is no problem. She has done a great job dealing with eating gluten free but honestly at school events she often just doesn't eat until she gets home!

She is excited to go on a trip and not have stomach issues! :)

I'm totally the same way as your DD... and I'm 27 :rotfl2:

Normally I make DH talk to the chef to tell him our needs (with our little allergy cards) because it stresses me out. But the chefs are seriously so nice, so it's really no big deal- they do it ALL DAY LONG. :hug:

You are so nice to share that!;) It has been a "dance" for me and her to know who and when we should speak to someone when we eat out. Sometimes she just does it herself and other times she wants us all to just say nothing! Honestly, we eat out a lot less now. We examine every menu online before picking a place. But, Disney here we come.....there will be choices!! :yay:

Fancy GF, peanut/tree nut free dessert for my kids, at Ohana, courtesy of Chef T.J., who is no longer at that location (this was '09). Last I heard he was at 1900 Park Fare. I might have to stalk him.

disney09119.jpg

We also had great service at Tusker House for lunch, where my kids were offered GF cookies, GF brownie, or homemade GF donuts...and were brought all three!!!

You'll laugh but I think that the thing I was most upset about losing when I lost my camera at the end of our most recent trip was my picture with me and DD14 with Chef TJ by our Chef TJ desserts. They were even served with some spun sugar on top which was really cool plus there was caramel corn on the plate. SOOOO yummy!! This was at 1900 Park Fare for dinner in the end of February.

You'll laugh but I think that the thing I was most upset about losing when I lost my camera at the end of our most recent trip was my picture with me and DD14 with Chef TJ by our Chef TJ desserts. They were even served with some spun sugar on top which was really cool plus there was caramel corn on the plate. SOOOO yummy!! This was at 1900 Park Fare for dinner in the end of February.

I do not laugh. Chef TJ is a rock star. The funny thing is, I knew right away who he was, because everyone had raved over his allergy free creations at Boma. Sigh. Maybe he'll be at one of our favs next trip (because we won't be going back to Park Fare -- non allergy related issues.)

Wow! DD just looked at those creations from Chef T.J. and was amazed!! Even though she doesn't like chocolate..... She said Disney is the most magical place!:tinker:

Wow! DD just looked at those creations from Chef T.J. and was amazed!! Even though she doesn't like chocolate..... She said Disney is the most magical place!:tinker:

I can't find the other pics of that meal, but Chef TJ made Tiki houses out of chicken wings too. LOL

Tiki houses out of chicken wings! Oh my, sounds like fun. When we go to parties, we take food or DD does salad....so to have food for her that looks as good or even better than everyone else's food at the table...will be great. :goodvibes

Tiki houses out of chicken wings! Oh my, sounds like fun. When we go to parties, we take food or DD does salad....so to have food for her that looks as good or even better than everyone else's food at the table...will be great. :goodvibes

You have no idea. I wanted to cry the whole trip. He feels so special at WDW. (My dd has outgrown her wheat issues, ds probably never will, and has Pn/Tn to boot.)

OMG...I have been weepy already just looking at the pics and reading about other positive gluten free experiences at Disney. I was thinking it was because I was tired but I think it is just that Disney Magic. ;) Bring on the tears! I am ready!

DD has had 2 years of surgeries/tests and pain....and it has been better now that we finally have some answers. She was a trooper through it all and kept her straight A's and 3 sports with band as well. We went on 2 Disney Adventures in France and Italy where she struggled with stomach issues. Not this time!!

Looking forward to following this thread! I love looking at all the food pics. My son has over 20+ food allergies and we were on the dining plan on our visit last Aug. With all his allergies, there was only one place he could order from the kids menu. He was treated as a Prince the whole week! :cool1: I will post pics later.

OMG...I have been weepy already just looking at the pics and reading about other positive gluten free experiences at Disney. I was thinking it was because I was tired but I think it is just that Disney Magic. ;) Bring on the tears! I am ready!

Yup, a little weepy here too. On our first day of our last trip for lunch at LTT, I got choked up when my sons were served two of the biggest, best looking burgers I've ever seen. The look on their faces was pure magic! Sorry, no pictures though.

It is such a wonderful thing for our kids to get to experience eating in a restaurant, like "normal" kids, and to be treated so wonderfully. :goodvibes I look forward to contributing to this thread after our next trip.

Cape May
254681_10150244600206971_2391701_n.jpg

Rice milk Flan made for my son. The chef called me before our trip and made this for him. The chef also prepared some fresh food for him.

Cosmic Rays'
285514_10150244637881971_7513084_n.jpg

There was nothing DS could have at Cosmic Ray's, so the manager and chef went to another place and brought him back 2 salads. They weren't sure if he would like lobster or tuna better. He also got ELF cookies, orange juice, and grapes while he was waiting. All for the price of one qs kid's credit!

Cape May
216720_10150244600441971_7248434_n.jpg

My DS is allergic to over 20 foods, but can actually have seafood. Yes, he ate this whole bucket of clams! You can also see the fresh fish and green beans in the background the chef made for him. He had crab legs too. Out of all the places we tried all week, he ate the best at Cape May. He was a tiny (still is tiny) 4 yr old at that point. We will be going back there, and I hope on every trip.

POP
pop1.jpg

We stayed at POP, and most of his snacks and qs meals came from there. The chef called me several times before our trip, so he would be prepared for him. He ordered the watermelon just for him. He prepared special shrimp for him too. He got OJ for a drink and Divvies popcorn with his meal. The was one qs kids credit. Because my son is allergic to soo many things, he isn't able to order off the kid's menu for the DDP. They catered to him, and prepared what he could eat. As far as meats go, my son can only have seafood and lamb. (sorry I don't like posting my son's pics all over the internet, so I blacked him out.) I will post more pics later.

While gluten free is great for those who need it, that is not an issue for me. Dairy but can have eggs, shellfish but fine with mollusks and fish, mango and aspartame for sure and now I am having issues with beef as well. Any pics of food available with these issues. Diabetic as well but not totally sugar free.

I have a gluten intolerance so the pics below are all of GF foods:

Citrico's short ribs - Wish I could remember what the exact item was called. I think those are mashed potatoes under the short ribs.
IMG_5475.jpg

Citrico’s Tropical Fruit Creme Brulee - with Mango, Pineapple, and Passion Fruit
IMG_5477.jpg

The Wave
French Meadow brownie with whipped cream and fruit. I don't think Disney carries this brand any more. I will probably bring my own on my next trip
IMG_5413.jpg

More GF items:
Narcoosee's cheese plate with toast made from Ener-G bread
IMG_4866.jpg

Narcoosee's free range chicken breast with mashed potatoes, spinach, and applewood smoked bacon vinaigrette
IMG_4870.jpg

Electric Umbrella chicken tenders and baked fries
IMG_4960.jpg

The cake was really yummy. Even my DH who doesn't typically like our gluten free foods enjoyed helping us with it. I also like that they use agave nectar instead of regular sugar and that the flours aren't just standard rice flour but rather they're a bit denser and higher in fiber so that the cake is easier on DH's blood sugar (he's a T2 diabetic). I will warn you that if you're not used to gluten free then it does have a flavour that kind of makes me think of a health food cake but my family definitley gobbled it all up.

My DD also has a tree nut allergy among others and I was hoping to try Babycakes on our next trip. When I read their website it does say the flour they use is processed on a line with almond flour.

We typically stay away from any products that could have this cross contamination risk.

Has anyone had these same concerns about Babycakes or have encountered any kind of reactions from this?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter