• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alligator Roadkill Was Just The Beginning!!! Updated 2nd May!!

I'M BACK AND NOT DEAD!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'm so sorry everyone!! Just had a crazy crazy crazy amazing month and NO INTERNET until today due to us moving. But now I'm all wired up again and ready to rock!!! A real update will be up tomorrow but in the meantime here is some real life fun!!

So basically this last month we moved into my sister's house as they're off to London, I got in a car crash, We were harassed non stop by our crazy (ex) landlord until we were forced to take legal action, I had wedding singer rehearsals almost every week night until 11...oh and WE BOOKED OUR TRIP!!! YAYYYY!!! All paid for and good to go!!!!!

(we are flying via new zealand to save some cash :rotfl:)

YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

So the plan is (if anyone is interested) to land in LA on the 19th with Josh and have 4 days there and some fun at Disneyland (EEK), then drive up to Walnut Creek to spend Christmas with his family THEN drive to VEGAS for a week for New Years (ARGHHH) and THEN on the 4th of January I fly to Florida and meet Bek, her sister Ash and our friend Caitlin there for a week (ARGGGHHHHH) and THEN we all fly to New York City to have a week there (ARGGGGGHHHHH) before flying home to Sydney on the 19th of January!!!!!

That's right! A whole month of amazingness!! And I'm still visiting my sister in September and seeing EURODISNEY!!!!
That's 3 castles in 4ish months!! WHAT??

I am so excited I feel sick!
You know that feeling????
Gahhhh it's such a great feeling!!

Bek and I have had several planning sessions already and she is so excited to see WDW when it's not super crowded and a million degrees! Oh and it will be nice to fly there this time rather than drive nonstop however I'm sure there will still be crazy adventures a plenty!

(Sometimes we plan as bunnies)

I've also been scoping out a suitcase because the last 3 I have owned were super cheap and have all somehow broken and had their wheels and legs falling off in awkward places.
These are the beauties I've settled on!

OOh I almost forgot!! We are staying at AOA this time and after exploring it last time I CAN'T WAIT!!

Also in Vegas we are staying at The Monte Carlo which is the same place we stayed when we got married there :goodvibes

If anyone has any accom recommendations for NYC we are wide open! We just want to be close to the action and not spend the earth :thumbsup2

So I hope I am forgiven for my lack of dis-boarding! I find it really challenging on my iphone for some reason so I'm very happy that our net is back on!
I hope everyone is doing fabulously and I'm excited to spend all tonight (well.. after rehearsal) catching up on all the updates I've missed!:surfweb:

x

OMG HAHAHAHA thats way too funny!!!I had an experience kinda like that once only it was at a bar so i couldnt grab ketchup lol,so i just pretended that i needed to know the time,I pointed to my wrist n the guy held out his hand ,I tilted my head to look at his watch gave him a thumbs up n went to walk away but he pulled me in closer to dance OMg it was so awkward!!!I'm sure I was as red as ketchup though .

Ahhhhh I hate things like that!!! Seems like they happen in bars a lot! That was a nice save though!! Haha it would be a lot easier if we didn't turn bright red and get even more awkward :rotfl:
Oh and if you're wondering ,my legs did not disappear when that happened:rotfl:

Thank God! That is always happening to us for some reason!

I'm glad you are having such fun with The Wedding Singer! It sounds like a blast, and your trip next year sounds like the trip of a lifetime!! WOW!!! I hope to see you in NYC! :banana:

Wedding Singer is so much fun!! Opens on the 12th of March so it's creeping up! AHHHHH TICKETS IN HAND I FEEL SICK!!!!!!

I remember that Twister attraction from back in the day. I thought it was cool too! I will now refer to that movie as "Helz and her windy crew" so thanks for that.

Yes please do! Clearly that should have been the real name for the movie!!Much catchier!

Wow, I didn't know they had a Mel's at Universal! Must be an homage to the famous one in Hollywood. It's the same 50's Americana theme which I LOVE. When I have a place of my own I really want a 50's kitchen!

Yeah we always eat there! I love the one in Hollywood!
Ahh I want a 50s kitchen too! With a checked black and white floor!
And when in the kitchen everyone has to wear poodle skirts and rollerskates... too far?

POOR BEK LOL. Oh man. She goes out of her comfort zone and look what happens. I quite enjoy your artistic rendering of her embarrassment though, I gotta say.

Oh Bek!! She recovered well but she went back to her comfort zone with her tail between her legs. Damn tourists ;)

:lmao: OMG, too funny!! I am not especially shy but even I can't imagine walking up to a stranger in a theme park and trying to flirt with them! Poor Bek

I know!!! She was so red after that! And we kept seeing them around the park. So awkward!!!

Just thought I should share...a large part of Twister was filmed near where I live. I used to pass by one of the houses frequently, I wonder if it's still there?? They needed extras while they were in the area and my brother got hired for a day. There was to be a scene at the beginning of Bill Paxton in the TV studio and my brother was a cameraman or something in that scene. Too bad for him it got cut!

That is so cool!!! I seriously love that movie! That would have been so exciting! You should go and see if the house is still there!
I always feel so bad for the extras, or even characters that end up being cut out. I would have been gutted :rotfl:

That honestly sounds like the best trip ever! That will be FANTASTIC! I NEED TO GO TO DISNEYLAND. GOSH. Anyways, I'm glad to hear that play rehearsals are going well! Are you getting as sweaty as you did at DTD? ;) :laughing:

Hahah, your Twister obsession is perfect! I've never seen the movie (I'M SORRY) but I really do remember seeing commercials for it. :thumbsup2

Omg, poor Bek. Hopefully soon she'll meet a cute non-foreign and very-English speaking guy.

Haha I just posted about it again I know BUT it's booked now so I needed to share excitement again!!! ARGH! You should just come in December and be our friends :rotfl:

ALMOST as sweaty as DTD...almost:eek:

What? ok ok put it on your list of movies to watch. It's a classic!!

We will try again this trip for Bek, but maybe we will focus our hunt more in World Showcase!!

LOVE the Mummy!! Probably my favorite ride in all of Universal! The first time we rode it, I had no idea it was an indoor roller coaster either, so I can totally sympathize with your mom. What a surprise it is when you start whipping around in the dark in there!

Poor Bek!!! Oh my gosh, how embarrassing. :blush::blush:

I love the mummy too! Shame that my mummy didn't :rotfl: (sorry couldn;t resist!) It really shoots off so unexpectedly though! Poor mum got quite the fright!!

I know!! Poor Bek!! She is so wonderful though, I'm sure that foreign boy is still kicking himself for not having the english skills to follow through.

To see two castles during the same holiday - Epic!! Your plan sounds amazing! ::yes::

ha ha, the ketchup cover up was great! At least she thought of something quickly.

To quote the Twister movie in our house is absoutely normal - COW! Another COW - same cow!! Great stuff!

ARGHH I KNOW!! haha so excited that is booked now that I had to post about it again but hey, who can contain this much excitement?? I'm excited to see 3 castles in 4 months. Think I can retire after that as it's pretty much the peak of my castle seeking career.

She is a quick thinker!! I would have just stood there awkwardly

YES YES best moment of the movie!!! I love your household!!

Oh my gosh, what are the odds of that?! Tell Bek she did a great job coming up with the ketchup cover! :cool1:

I will I will! She is quite the legend in my books for that quick thinking!

What excellent news about multiple Disney adventures on the horizon! Hopefully this means you also have more hilarious trip reports in your (and our) future? :goodvibes

ARGHHHHHHHH! YES! So after this one I'll do my Sept trip with Darcy, then it will be time for Eurodisney then the tripapalooza in December. Get ready for trip reports galore :goodvibes

Wow! What a real life update! :) Your trip sounds amazing!

Jill in CO

Ah!! Glad you're not dead!! What an exciting trip you guys have planned!! That'll be a totally awesome way to spend a month, that's for sure!!!

Sorry about the drama such as car crashes and landlord legal action, but I'm glad you're back and not dead. ;)

Bek and I have had several planning sessions already and she is so excited to see WDW when it's not super crowded and a million degrees! Oh and it will be nice to fly there this time rather than drive nonstop however I'm sure there will still be crazy adventures a plenty!

(Sometimes we plan as bunnies)

Wow, I never realized that Bek's nose was so much bigger than yours. Yikes. :laughing:

Also in Vegas we are staying at The Monte Carlo which is the same place we stayed when we got married there :goodvibes

Great picture! :thumbsup2

If anyone has any accom recommendations for NYC we are wide open! We just want to be close to the action and not spend the earth :thumbsup2

I think you read the NYC portion of my current trip report, when my wife and daughter spent a few days there. They stayed at the Manhattan Club using DVC points. I don't know what it would cost cash-wise (probably pricey), but it was definitely close to the action. Manhattan Club location The TR may also give you some ideas of things to do. (And mentioning it here gives me an opportunity for a shameless plug :rolleyes:)

Great to 'hear' from you! :cutie:

Your trip to the USA in December/January sounds amazing! I am very jealous... when DH and I went to NYC we stayed at the New Yorker hotel, on 34th Street opposite Madison Square Gardens - we got a pretty good deal on it (about $250 a night which seemed reasonable compared to a lot of the other hotels I looked at!), room was small but clean & hotel in a great location :thumbsup2

And... I think our trips to WDW may overlap... as I might have signed up for the WDW half marathon in January :rolleyes1 !!

Emma princess: x

FINALLY!! I definitely found your TR earlier and started reading it to get caught up, then bookmarked it to read later and somehow completely missed it and never got back to it because I’m a horrible person!

haha that happens to me all the time!! So I guess I'm a horrible person too?

NOW, I’m here and ready to roll, thank you work for having nothing to do! Lol.

Cliff and luna bars are definitely a favorite staple of mine! They’re usually what I bring with me down to Disney to eat in the morning! Saves money and precious rope drop time!

Luna bars are seriously so wonderful!! I miss them so bad here! I'm always getting josh's mum to send me some...and cheetos...as a treat because we have NOTHING like that here!

Dear god moth city sounds absolutely horrible! That is seriously impressive that the wallet and pillow were still there! That’s insane! Your hitchhiker story reminds me of some looney toons movie I was terrified as a child thakns to them picking upa hitchhiker that had a chainsaw and I think it was Daffy that was all “he’s gonna kill us”. That is quite the ordeal!!

Moth City was disgusting! I know! It was such a crazy movie moment! Still can't believe they didn't fly off!!! I still don't understand who picked him up! Who would pick up someone like that!?!?

Wow, you guys had quite the adventure just getting to Disney, I mean, I understand why security precautions are in place, but really, that’s insane!! Glad everything worked out in the end!
Ahaha road trip shenanigans, gotta love the over tired hyper crazyness! The trust falls seriously sound hilarious, I may have to instigate that next road trip!

Yeah I guess we look pretty suspicious?? Oh well it made for some good stories! YES please add trust falls to your next roadtrip and document it! Seriously makes everything better:lmao:

Your drawings are awesome, just sayin! Also the awesome gas station looks awesome! Showers?! How cool!

Haha thanks!! That gas station really takes the cake. I feel like writing them a letter to voice my appreciation of their shower fast pass system!!

Yay for finally being DISNEY DAY! After such a long road trip I’m sure it was very appreciated! Ahahahaah the amount of times that Paige and I cried over our last trip is seriously insane, like, we actually cried at least once a day, there’s just so much magic happening everywhere it’s awesome! Thank god for sunnies otherwise everyone would see our make up streaked faces! Ah! The amount of times I’ve elbowed a kid in the head completely by accident because they’re way too close is astounding, like, back up!

DISNEY DAYYYYY! It felt SO good!!! Even if we were still tired and delusional from the trip. Crying is a MUST. All the happiness just needs to leak out of your face somehow.
Dang kids and their lack of personal space. Actually adults too... some people just need a swift elbow to the head.

Ahahaha, how funny about Disnep, I mean, I always thought the D was some weird G thing going on there, but that’s just awesome! That looks like a pretty good first day in MK, I gotta say it’s the best place for people watching!!

We still call it Disnep... just not around Bek....as she is embarrassed:lmao:

I have to say, Epcot is always the hottest day of the trip, I don’t know why, but when you’re in WS, it’s just DEATH BY SUN every dang time.

IT'S ALWAYS SO HOT THERE!!! Whyyyyy?? So confused :confused3

BAHA! The ridiculous amounts of round abouts, that’s a pretty good summary of Australia right there! I did go to seaworld up in the gold coast, that was pretty awesome!

Yeahhhh it's ok, but after you've been to the states it's a little lame in comparison. But hey....those roundabouts....watch out!

Lol, no one’s good at counting and math in the morning, it’s okay! Haha. I have yet to do KRR, and don’t think I do, I know I’d somehow be the one that gets soaked, boourns to the crabby pants on the ride! I am, by far, one of those people that starts the trend of ringing the bells, I do it every ride, and there’s usually a bunch of kids that realize it’s okay and then want to do it thanks to me, baha! Your ride on dinosaur sounds like pretty much every time I go on it! I hate that thing!

Booourns to her exactly! Silly cranky pants!
Noooooooo you start the bell ringing???? :headache:
haha nah it's usually not too bad, it's just when you get stuck there furrrrever and the line isn't moving...
Dinosaur will probably always terrify me. It's ok, I'll deal.

Ahahah, single rider line adventures galore! These stories are great! Wow that sucks about having to walk from the employee entrance! Ugh! Lol!! Hilarious fliriting story! That’s awesomely funny!

Single rider stories are the best! There are always so many crazy people for some reason! I love it though :goodvibes Bring on the crazies I say.
Yes. That was NOT fun first thing in the morning! Damn fake entrance!!
Ohhhhh flirting with the non english speakers is not her forte:rotfl2:

Welp, I’ve certainly had my fair share of things to say, but I’m al caught up now, looking forward to more!

Hurrah!!! That was fun! Now I'll add more so we can do this again :yay:

Loving the trip report! The drawings are hilarious!! The road trip was a riot. I once drove from SoCal to New Orleans and Texas steals the feeling from you that you might be getting anywhere. And a tumbleweed bigger than my car almost took us out. Also I lived in northern Arizona for a while and have witnessed the moth storms. So very weird and creepy. The insects took turns being plauge-like. One year everywhere we drove we squashed grasshoppers.

Can't wait for the rest. Really one of the funniest I have read.

Awh thanks so much!!!
Oh my goodness it's crazy isn't it??? We hit some of those massive tumbleweeds on the way home. INSANE!
mmmm delicious moth clouds :confused3
I really don't mind bugs too much but when they start coming at you like a biblical plague it all changes.

Thanks so much!!

It definitely wasn't a mongoose unless it had escaped from AK, as the mongoose is not native to the US.

Based on the pic that you posted (even though it was not an actual pic of the animal you saw) it most likely would have been a river otter.

Hahaha that is so funny! Well no let's cross mongoose off the list.
Because I'm also not native to the US I'm allowed to make mistakes like that!
Awwwww an otter!!! That is even cuter!!! Haha I seriously just googled things that kind of looked like it and came up with mongoose... but otter makes sense.

Although it did look very out of place.... so maybe it did escape from AK!:lmao:

Yayyyyyy!!! :cool1::cool1:

Wow! What a real life update! :) Your trip sounds amazing!

Jill in CO

Thanks!! I'm so excited that it is ridiculous!!! :goodvibes

Ah!! Glad you're not dead!! What an exciting trip you guys have planned!! That'll be a totally awesome way to spend a month, that's for sure!!!

Yay I love being not dead!!! ARGH I can't even handle my excitement. I need to punch something NOW :rotfl:

Sorry about the drama such as car crashes and landlord legal action, but I'm glad you're back and not dead. ;)

Ugh such silly stuff but the landlord is out of our lives for good and my car is all fixed (just for the record I am a fantastic driver and someone hit me, not the other way around) and I'm not dead. HURRAH!

Wow, I never realized that Bek's nose was so much bigger than yours. Yikes. :laughing:

Somebunny has a large nose!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

Great picture! :thumbsup2

Thanks!! It was a pretty ok day I guess ;)

I think you read the NYC portion of my current trip report, when my wife and daughter spent a few days there. They stayed at the Manhattan Club using DVC points. I don't know what it would cost cash-wise (probably pricey), but it was definitely close to the action. Manhattan Club location The TR may also give you some ideas of things to do. (And mentioning it here gives me an opportunity for a shameless plug :rolleyes:)

Oh wow that sounds so amazing!! I'm excited to read all about it! The cash might be a problem but hey I do like being close to the action :thumbsup2
Plug away my friend! Everyone should be reading it anyway if they know what's good for them!!

Great to 'hear' from you! :cutie:

Yay! So happy to be back online :goodvibes

Your trip to the USA in December/January sounds amazing! I am very jealous... when DH and I went to NYC we stayed at the New Yorker hotel, on 34th Street opposite Madison Square Gardens - we got a pretty good deal on it (about $250 a night which seemed reasonable compared to a lot of the other hotels I looked at!), room was small but clean & hotel in a great location :thumbsup2

That sounds awesome!! I will definitely look that up! That is a good deal though. NYC is so pricey when it comes to accom! I'm going back to re read your TR when you were in NY :goodvibes

And... I think our trips to WDW may overlap... as I might have signed up for the WDW half marathon in January :rolleyes1 !!

Haha whoops? That is so great though!! Let me know if you're still around as we will leave the arvo of the 11th! Also I'll be in London in Sept for 10ish days so I would love any recommendations aside from the regular tourist stuff that is must sees in your opinion?
Did that sentence even make sense? Gosh I need more coffee today!!:rotfl:

Haha whoops? That is so great though!! Let me know if you're still around as we will leave the arvo of the 11th! Also I'll be in London in Sept for 10ish days so I would love any recommendations aside from the regular tourist stuff that is must sees in your opinion?
Did that sentence even make sense? Gosh I need more coffee today!!:rotfl:

That would be great - we have booked to stay at the Boardwalk Villas from January 9th - 14th (Half Marathon is on the 11th) :goodvibes

Things to do in London... something that we love doing that isn't too touristy, is walking along the South Bank (side of the Thames where the London Eye is) - you can walk from Waterloo to London Bridge along the river, there's lots of nice cafes/bars/restaurants and often there's street entertainment too :thumbsup2 It's near Shakespeare's Globe theatre and the Tate Modern too.
Covent Garden is nice to walk around, and so is Borough Market (near London Bridge).

Another fun thing, that is quite touristy, is the Duck Tours! It's a yellow bus/boat that goes past a lot of the landmarks... and then into the Thames for some sailing!

Welcome Back :cheer2: I was actually away from the DIS for a really long time too (busy, crazy, good things and bad - kinda similar to you!) I have been playing catch up on all threads I follow. Psyched you are back and I'm looking forward to an update. My son and I may be at WDW in January at the same time as you.... nothing booked yet - still planning but he starts college this fall so we'll want to go during his winter break.

AHH your trip sounds UNBELIEVABLE. You are so lucky, OMG. I don't even know. Fabulous luggage and OH MY GOD YOUR WEDDING PICTURE IS SO PERFECT. I love it. You guys looked awesome!!

Here are my hotel recommendations for NYC (The prices vary month to month but usually nothing super crazy - I always book when they're on the lower side). I ALWAYS suggest people stay either downtown or further uptown, not in the Times Square/Theater district area (W 40th st-50th-ish). Downtown is my favorite though. If you're not gonna stay downtown, I recommend as near Central Park as can be.

~Hotel Verite - 19th st & Broadway. I LOVE this place because it feels like you are staying at a cool friend's apartment who just happens to have a fabulous, clean, chic, flawlessly decorated room for you upstairs! It's in the middle of the action, but not the annoying Tourist Trap action.

~Sheraton Tribeca ~ Canal St. Being a chain hotel I usually wouldn't recommend it to an out of towner b/c there are so many fun and unique places to stay in NYC but this is a great downtown Tribeca location and it's clean and safe. Sometimes there are amazing deals too, especially b/c you are coming in Jan, you might be able to get one

~Hotel Indigo ~ 28th st. This is in Chelsea, another nice little unique place to stay. Love it here. Chelsea is my favorite neighborhood that is not the Village/Tribeca.

~The Library Hotel - I've never stayed here but it sounds SO COOL. Each room has a different theme and is packed with books regarding that theme. The most popular one is the erotica room, but of course. The funny thing is, as cool as it sounds, who wants to stay in reading books when you could be out in NYC? But still I thought I'd recommend it :)

~Holiday Inn 57th St: Another chain, but this is a reliable place. Nothing special but I like the area and it's clean and safe. That's the most important thing.

~Hilton Fashion District 26th st. Yet another chain, but this one is pretty cool. It has unique decor and a ridiculously good burger place inside that has an appetizer that includes 3 different kinds of french fries. I mean... whew. I love it.

If you don't stay at one of these places, make sure no matter where you stay, you google "hotel name + bed bugs" and make sure there is no review that mentions a bed bug experience in the past 2 years. There was an outbreak a couple years ago in Manhattan and it was awful so you can not be too careful.
Ok onto your update!!!

Yay for being un-dead!! Although it sounds like a vehicle may be worse for wear and your patience tested with an ex-landlord - gosh darn people! :scared: Hopefully things will be calmer and quieter in life now.

What an epic trip! I would die of anticipation if I had a 4 week vacation!! You have an awesome plan!

The Monte Carlo is in a great location on the Strip. I stayed there in 2011 for business. The coffee shop there has some amazing banana split waffles!

You make a cute bunny!!!:upsidedow

So glad to hear from you! Your trip sounds absolutely AMAZING. Wow, I mean... wow. I personally have never stayed at a hotel in NYC... but I've stayed at a Hilton in Newark and another hotel on Long Island... that counts right? :laughing: Anyways, I'm sure you'll pick a wonderful place! Good luck with everything you've got going on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter