• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Allowing the kids a little freedom??

#1Disfann

DIS Veteran
Hi, DH, DD(10), DNiece(14) and myself are heading down on Oct. 30th. I was wondering at what age has anyone left their children at the hotel while the grown ups got some time away or even seperating while in the parks (with 2-way radios). My niece babysits at my home all the time but for some reason this feels different. The girls would like to spend some time exploring on their own but mom (aunt) needs some input. We are staying on property (POR-7th trip) and will have 2 way radios. Ideas??? Thanks, Lori

Lori, there was just a whole thread on this a few weeks ago. I don't have time right now (heading out the door) but if you can't find it I'll poke around. The general consensus was that it really depends on the maturity of the child.

I'll just say at those ages if they can be responsible enough to be where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be there it will be fine!

Thanks for the input all. I will go back and read both of those threads. The 14 year old is VERY responsible so I think they will be fine for the short amount of time I'm referring to. Thanks again, Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter