Almost 14 yr old allowed in Vibe on Fantasy?

vatchr

Mouseketeer
We will be cruising on the March 19 Fantasy cruise and my DDs are very excited. My 16 yr old is looking forward to the Vibe, and my 13 yr old will be 3 months shy of 14. She enjoyed the Edge on our last Fantasy cruise, but really wanted to experience the Vibe this cruise. What are the chances of her being allowed in, as she is very close to 14 and her sister will be in there? She is very mature for her age. My 16 yr old loved it as a 14 yr old on our last cruise.
Thanks for any input!!

Disney is very strict about age restrictions.
This may be true for allowing older kids into the younger areas, but they have allowed kids to go into the level above them. However, this is on a case by case basis of how filled the cruise is already with the age group for that club. If the cruise is already at max capacity for ages 14-17, then the 13 year old will not be allowed. No one can really give you the chances of it.

If it's not full, they will be allowed in. My DS's friend was. The vibe is the most likely not to be full of all of the clubs.

Our daughter was in the same vote 13 and 2 months from 14. We decided to keep her in the Edge, there is a big gap between 13 and 17 year olds. Maybe if she had an older sister or someone to accompany her it would have been different.

On our last cruise in September, my 13 year old was 2 days shy of 14 on the last day of the cruise and she could not get into Vibe. I am guessing that it had more to do with how many in that age group were on board. She hung out at Edge a couple of times, but was really not into it last cruise.
We sail again on January 30th and she is really looking forward to going to Vibe. :)

We were in a similar situation and dcl told us they do not make any age exceptions for any of the kids clubs... since other people say otherwise I am not sure what to make of it! :confused3

Thank you everyone for the input. I guess it will be a "wait and see" decision. :)

It's set up for high school kids. They don't want younger kids hanging with them.

We just got off the Wonder. Our 13yo dd was allowed into Vibe "since her sisters will be there." (We also have 2 16yo's.) She did some activities with them, but enjoyed Edge more. She's into video games and gaga ball, which are apparently in shorter supply up in Vibe.

Hmm. maybe they will let my 13 year old son in there since his 14 year old sister will be there. I guess we can always ask and if they hold firm to that rule then so be it. But it does seem like they do make allowances if/when they can.

Hmm. maybe they will let my 13 year old son in there since his 14 year old sister will be there. I guess we can always ask and if they hold firm to that rule then so be it. But it does seem like they do make allowances if/when they can.
When is your son 14 though? We only make exceptions if the child is within a couple of months of turning 14. Your children can both go to Edge together though.

My son was able to join his older sister in Vibe at 13 years old during our March sailing. He wasn't even close to 14 but they were very accommodating when they knew he had an older sister that would be there. He also looks older for his age. Good luck!

We were in a similar situation and dcl told us they do not make any age exceptions for any of the kids clubs... since other people say otherwise I am not sure what to make of it! :confused3

It is dependent upon the number of kids onboard in each club for each cruise. It is better for DCL to advise that no exceptions are made instead of saying sometimes it happens. People would then complain onboard when told no that the CM they talked to on the phone said ......... The policy is reviewed from one cruise to the next.

When DD was 4 months from 11 she was not allowed to go to the Edge with her 12 yo brother due to the numbers on that cruise.

I am not overly concerned with it at this stage in the game. She will have a great time at Vibe and if she wants to go back to Edge she can.
And he will be fine at Edge or not even going at all.
They both look at the Navigator and highlight what things they want to do each day. For my son it is all about movies, the pool/ Aquaduck, the mini golf on the top deck and an occasional game of shuffleboard. :) And for my daughter, if there is something happening at a teen club she is interested in, she will go, but doesn't typically stay too long. She loves the Aquaduck, the pool, mini golf and walking laps around deck 4.

Frankly, they will both be happy to be on break from school (I homeschool them) and thus on a break from each other. :) lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter