Almost one week down . . .

joshsmom

DIS Veteran
New year--new mind set. I planned on starting my new eating plan and exercise on 1/2/12--thinking that 1/1 would be a lot of pressure. But when I got up on 1/1 I decided I needed to do it THAT day. Why wait? So I began my journey. I am keeping track of all my food and I have signed up with a gym. Need to GET THERE to do my first appointment so I can start going regularly. I have been planning meals, taking my lunch every day so I can control portions and content, and I have been drinking my water (I am a big Soda-holic so that was hard to change).

Yesterday was my first challenge--someone's birthday at work. He brought in freshly made (and still warm) pumpkin bread that his wife had made. I passed and ate yogurt instead. Then everyone wanted to go to a buffet lunch. I was a little nervous, but luckily they have a lunch menu as well and I was able to have grilled chicken. Today is my son's 16th birthday. We went to a wonderful restaurant that (of course) has fabulous bread and honey butter by the tons! I passed. I ordered exactly what I had planned--Chicken Fajitas, no cheese. I split the order in two as soon as it came out so that I have the second half for lunch tomorrow. Then the server brought out chocolate lava cake and ice cream for my son!! :scared1: He was full and wanted me to eat it. I passed it on to my mom and dad. DS ate some, but only about 1/4th of it. I didn't eat any at all!!! I feel this has been a good start. One meal at a time. Looking forward to weigh in on 1/8/12!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter