• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! Sept. 2015 PTR! * Updated 11/3 - p. 11*

Hey girl! I think we booked around Christmas time, so like 9 months in advance maybe? I cannot for the life of me figure out how Disney discounts work. I know that us Brits get different deals to you guys, and the offer we got on hotels.com was the same as what was being offered on the UK Disney site... So I have no idea how it works. (Omg, I think I'm talking nonsense.) I know your post was from a couple of weeks ago, did you find / decided on anything yet?!

Thank you for the info Katie! I will keep my eyes peeled, if our own DVC membership does not go through. I am really hoping that I will get a good ressie when our member number gets assigned to us.

Enjoy Disneyland Paris! That is so awesome that you leave tomorrow...then a short time until WDW!! Yay for back to pack Disney Magic!! :D:cool1:

But I can officially say that I have finished my dissertation!
Sooo..

LET THE MAGIC BEGIN!

KATIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! So happy for/proud of you!!!! :ccat: Way to go!!! You definitely deserve ALL the Disney magic right now!!! ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo::MickeyMo::MinnieMo Hope to hear from you while we're at least on the same coast!! :dancer:

Sorry I missed your send off ! Hope you are having a fantastical time at DLP!!
And congratulations on finishing your dissertation! :worship:

have a safe trip to Orlando and lots and lots of fun at DW!! :mickeyjum Can't wait to hear all about it

But I can officially say that I have finished my dissertation!

GIRL! That is awesome!!

tumblr_mrnx9oL9up1s5bb8ko1_500.gif

Eeeeep, see ya real soon Disney!!!!

Hope you are having a great time! :goodvibes

Katie, I'm just making a quick stop to say hello, and I hope you and Jamie are having a wonderful time on your trip! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home.:lovestruc

I'm so bummed that I just found this PTR! I finished your TR - at least what you have posted so far - so decided to pop over here. I hope you are having a very magical time in Disney! I love F&W.

How exciting!!! And that's a great deal for your Universal tickets, especially for the convenience of being able to go whenever you want! I decided not to do Universal on my next trip. I've thought about it a lot and since it's just going to be me and Jacob I feel like it'd be a hassle to go off property. Plus I don't even know if he'd be tall enough to do some of the Harry Potter stuff so...it'll just have to wait for another trip. 7 days in WDW will suffice I GUESS :rotfl:

If you decide you want to go, we had experiences using Uber this year to get to Universal! It was around $15 each way. That seems really good to me, because we paid $20 return EACH with the Mears shuttle bus that stops EVERYWHERE to pick up and drop off, so it's taken us over an hour to get there before.. And in a regular cab we paid $40 EACH WAY! :sad2: So by comparison, the $30 round trip with Uber is great!

But yeah I understand Jacob might not be tall enough.. Some of the rides are pretty hardcore, in general Universal seems more focussed on older kids, teens and adults. But I bet you would still have fun if you decided to go!

This is so helpful!! As many times as I've been to MCO and somehow I still managed to get lost or turned around every single time! I'm definitely saving this for the next trip :thumbsup2 I almost always fly Southwest so this will help a lot!

WE STILL GOT LOST IN MCO LOL. :laughing:

Thanks for sharing that! My last trip they were still doing a combo of legacy FP and FP+ so this will be the first I'll be relying entirely on FP+. I'm kind of worried I won't get what I want but from what I am reading, even if you don't get stuff right at the 60 day mark if you keep checking back things open up.

You'll do fine I'm sure! Mine always runs relatively smoothly :goodvibes Just make sure if you want a FP for 7DMT one day, go book that day first, rather than going through your dates in order :goodvibes

I totally get it! I would feel the same way! I don't even get why the 2nd floor wouldn't have a balcony? That doesn't make any sense to me at all. Going to cross my fingers that ya'll get 3rd floor balcony! Especially with a TPV, that will be dreamy :lovestruc

I know it's so weird?? But your crossed fingers worked because we got our balcony!!!! :hug:

Those are soooooo cute! I've never heard of that store! Is it online or is it only in England? I may need to check that out...I am trying to add to my disney clothes collection in preparation for next Dec :banana:

The store those shirts are from is actually Japanese, we only have two in London but they have an online store and they deliver around the UK.
They seem to have a bunch of stores in the US!
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/stores.htm...kggeyxo1pi9L2blJPXLsIaAve68P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

But if there's none nearby I'm sure you'll be able to get stuff delivered! :goodvibes

Also, are you planning on including Disneyland Paris in your next TR?? I would love to see that - I've never been anywhere except WDW and DL California so I'd love to see what DLP is like :goodvibes

IT'S STARTED! Finally! Yes I'm including DLP but I'm going to try to get through it relatively quickly because I know not everyone will be interested :goodvibes Day 1 is up now :hyper:

Hi Katie! I had a quick question for you. When you booked the Poly on Hotels.com, how far out was it when you got the good deal? I have been looking around for our 2016 trip because we are going for the 24-Hour Day and I would like to stay on the Monorail loop, and well, lets face it the Poly is #1 on my list! :D We looked at renting DVC points, but it is still on the expensive side and it will be kind of a short trip for us.

I quoted you but then realised I already answered this post, but then SOMEHOW my big goofy fingers managed to post this message before I'd done writing it/deleted your answered quote... And I didn't want you to get the "quoted" notification and then be confused as to where your reply was... Am I talking sense?! Anyway, hey Dawn!!! :hug: :rotfl:

Oh my gosh--you are getting SSSOOOO CLOSE!!! :mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

AND IT'S BEEN AND GONE IN A FLASH!!! :sad2: Boohoo!!! :sad:

I believe the one lunch I've had there I went from the croque monsieur...and it was just okay! :confused3 I probably ate it anyway, but was sad about it. o_O And no photo with the Master during lunch! Womp womp!

First of all, womp womp is a great saying :laughing:
Oh yeah, I never really thought about the Beast being out at dinner and not lunch... Gahh I just love that lunchtime turkey sandwich!! Maybe I'll book both next time :thumbsup2

Oh my goooooooooooosh! ADRs!! Here's what I've got currently (SO MUCH FOOD on the DDP!):

11/29 Sunday: Raglan Road @ 8:30 p.m. (this one will be out of pocket since we aren't checking in to the resort until the following day)
11/30 Monday: Whispering Canyon @ 12:00 p.m., BOG @ 7:45 p.m.
12/1 Tuesday: Kona Cafe @ 8:45 a.m., Via Napoli @ 2:00 p.m. (+ Candlelight Processional @ 5:00 p.m. with NPH!), Yachtsman @ 8:00 p.m.
12/2 Wednesday: 50's PT @ 12:10 p.m., Citricos @ 7:30 p.m.
12/3 Thursday: The Plaza @ 12:00 p.m., Ohana @ 8:30 p.m.
12/4 Friday: Yak & Yeti @ 12:00 p.m., California Grill @ 8:50 p.m. (hopefully we can see the MVMCP fireworks which is why I booked our ADR so late -- this is my 10th anniversary so I wanted to do something nice for my non-Disney loving BF)
12/5 Saturday: Departure day :( -- nothing scheduled yet, but I'd LOVE a lunch at the Skipper's Cantina @ MK if it's open by then!

OMG, I just re-read your ADRs and THEY BLEW MY MIND.

Whispering Canyon was our top (casual) meal of the year this year!!!! :lovestruc
I say casual, because the California Grill was also unreal, but you can't really compare the two because of how different they are... Cali Grill was our top posh meal of the year.. But I see you have BOTH!!!! YAY.

Also, a tip for Whispering Canyon... It's totally cool if you enjoy the crazy atmosphere, in that case just ignore me. But Jamie and I were seated "in the back".. It was SO nice. You could still hear the distant craziness, and people still came in and out doing the ketchup thing. But it was really relaxing in that back room - it's quite dark and classy.

I didn't really get a good picture of the area, here's the best I got:
(Sorry if this comes out huge)

5coizFy.jpg

We'll definitely be asking for that secret room when we go again!

Kona breakfast, Via Napoli lunch, Yachtsman dinner?!?!? That is one amazing day.

Citricos and Ohana NOM :lovestruc

CALI GRILL FOR YOUR 10TH ANNIVERSARY ... AT 8:50 WITH FIREWORKS AT.... 9:30? You are officially legendary. Also - make sure they know it's your anniversary - wear an anniversary button! I got a free creme brulee for my birthday :thumbsup2

MCO MAKES NO SENSE. Let me say it again, NO SENSE. On several occasions I have bounced between the two sides trying to figure out where my luggage is and where the rental car place is...what a nightmare. Also, the restaurant closings at DLP makes sense I suppose...but then you end up choosing between restaurant availability and crowd levels when planning a trip, which kinda stinks. Can you imagine if WDW did that at certain places during certain times of the year? It would cause an uprising :rotfl2:

Side note: we joined DVC at SSR and plan to stay there in December, reservation availability willing. :goodvibes

LOL I had the map I posted up on my phone and we STILL got lost in MCO :rotfl:

That's so cool that you have DVC!! Did you manage to make a reservation?!

Exciting stuff!!!!!! Way to go on rounding up your masters degree! :) :teacher:It's such hard work, but so well worth it. I earned my MS in Education 15 years ago and am one class away from finishing my MBA now - should be done this coming fall. Disney is the best place to celebrate such accomplishments. :yay:

Good luck / Congratulations on your MBA!!! Did you finish it yet? :cheer2:

Last edited:
You may not be alone, but. Just go to the B side. Huge sign. If you see "A". Turn completely around and go the other way.
Keep going down until you can't go down any further.
Follow any signs for DME, you'll find it eventually.

Deep breaths... deeeeep breaths.

I memorised everything and even had an MCO map on my phone... YEAH, we still got lost. :laughing:

I KNOW! School this summer felt like:
6csVEPEmHWhWg.gif

I'm still working on a project that's worth 50% of my grade but then it's smooth sailing until Disney :cool2: I'm glad there's someone who shares my struggle though!

You've finished now right?! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Go us!!!! :cheer2: I'm so glad you understand, ugh I almost made myself ill towards the end there :sad2: but the RELIEF when it's all finished! :cloud9:

I haven't read all of this pre trip report yet as I am in the middle of your 2014 trip report! Lol. But I was curious as to when you were heading back to the world and was surprised to see you'll be headed in the exact same day as me!
Anyway. Just had to share :cool1:

Ps. I'm loving your 2014 trip report :)

Awesome!! I hope you had a great time! I've just started my new TR so you'll have to keep an eye out for yourself in the background of my photos :thumbsup2

Hey Katie!! I love the shirts you got from Uniqlo! You inspired me to look on the site for some shirts and I plan on buying a couple now, so thanks! :)

You trips are so close - its so exciting!!!!! :-)

Hey girl! Did you get any of those shirts?! They're so cute :goodvibes

Is this only for folks in Europe or can State peeps purchase these too?? Cause that's an amazing deal!

(Since I fell off the face of the earth for a while, I'll remind you what this was about :laughing: - Universal tickets!)

Unfortunately I think it's only a UK deal.. I'm not sure how it all works. But I had a look on the US Universal site and I couldn't find any similar deals :sad2:

Question. Why are you a small, fat asian boy??:rotfl2::cutie:

(If you don't remember what this was about... This quote is hilarious. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:)

Because that's what I really look like behind the computer screen!! :laughing:

(ok, this was really about Russell from Up being my MDE character :thumbsup2)

I think the dynamic of Russell and Mr Fredricksen is similar to the dynamic between me and Jamie :rotfl: I'm enthusiastic and MUST explore WDW! Jamie's the old grump who gets sick of me :laughing: (just kidding)

What the heck?!? Oh no, i'm hoping you get that third floor and if not that, the first floor.

We got our 3rd floor balcony! Yaaay :cloud9:

Awesome update! I really appreciate the step-by-step guide on reserving fast passes. My 60 days is coming up this week and I've never done it online before! As someone who just graduated with a Masters in May, I'm so impressed that you can find any time to update. Can't wait to read this amazing trip report!

I hope your FP day went smoothly! Did you get everything you hoped for? And thank you!!! Yeah I disappeared from the Dis for a while, I had waaayyy too much to do at the end of the academic year! I've just started my new TR I'll post a link on here once I've replied to everyone :goodvibes thanks for reading along!

Fastpass went surprisingly well. I felt like you, very unsure of myself. But I got the hang of it quickly. Then I couldn't leave them alone. (I thought my husband was going to kill me if didn't stop!)

I am definitely going to the Welcome Ceremony! I am sure I will cry, too. :sad:

If I see you at any point during the two weeks we are there, I'm gonna say "hi"! :wave:

Aww I never saw you! :sad2: Did you enjoy the welcome show?! Our monorail took a while on our first morning... And we just got there in time, but it was SO busy!! You were there on September 23rd right?! :crazy2: The only space we could get was behind a giant tree so we couldn't really see the station, but we could see the performers and the characters so it wasn't so bad :goodvibes

Yay for FastPass+!! Those Disney shirts you found are adorable! We are getting so close to our trips! :jumping1:

THEY CAME AND WENT SO FAST!!! :sad2: Time to get planning the next one :thumbsup2

I'm so jealous you leave in just a couple days!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Hey! I've just started my new TR! I'll post a link here once I've replied to everyone :goodvibes Thanks for reading along!

IT'S SOOO SOOON!!!!!!!! :hyper: :woohoo:

b3ec431ed7db46d0edc4f9d11a5122e4.gif

........ And now it's time to plan the next one :thumbsup2

LOKI_approves.gif

I've been reading your previous reports, and I just jumped on here and I'm so excited you're going again! We happen to be there at the same time too!! We're leaving on Friday the 18th!

I hope you had a great trip! :goodvibes

KATIE!!!!

Have a fabulous and wonderful time on your trips! I can't wait to hear all about them (and what you thought of your ADRs - especially the California Grill!) upon your return. :D :goodvibes

Thanks my love!! I've started my new TR! Link coming here in a sec :goodvibes

DW calls it "Midnight brain". She'll talk to me for a minute and I'll be staring right at her... and have no idea what she just said.

I get this all the time :laughing:

I'm very late to this PTR party. I've been following (and loving) your current TR. I can't wait for this TR! I plan to go to DLP sometime in the future and would love to hear about your trip. Poly cl is my dream club level! I think their lounge offerings would be amazing. I will be in Disney World for my first Food & Wine and MNSSHP 9/25-9/28. I can't wait.

Hey thanks so much for reading here and my last TR! I hope you had a great time at Disney :goodvibes And you should definitely get out to DLP sometime, we had so much fun :goodvibes

Thank you for the info Katie! I will keep my eyes peeled, if our own DVC membership does not go through. I am really hoping that I will get a good ressie when our member number gets assigned to us.

Enjoy Disneyland Paris! That is so awesome that you leave tomorrow...then a short time until WDW!! Yay for back to pack Disney Magic!! :D:cool1:

Hows your DVC process going?! Sorry I keep replying to you all over the place here :laughing:
You should be on your way! Whoo Hoo!:banana: I can't wait to hear about Disneyland Paris. Wishing you tons of pixie dust!pixiedust:

I think you've already found my new TR! But thank you for reading along here :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

KATIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! So happy for/proud of you!!!! :ccat: Way to go!!! You definitely deserve ALL the Disney magic right now!!! ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo::MickeyMo::MinnieMo Hope to hear from you while we're at least on the same coast!! :dancer:

Thank you my loveeee!!! :lovestruc

Sorry I missed your send off ! Hope you are having a fantastical time at DLP!!
And congratulations on finishing your dissertation! :worship:

have a safe trip to Orlando and lots and lots of fun at DW!! :mickeyjum Can't wait to hear all about it

Thank you girl! I've started my new TR so I'll post a link in a minute! :goodvibes

Hope you're having a great time!!

It was so great thanks! And thank you for reading along here! :goodvibes

I'm excited for your trip!! I do hope you'll come around and tell us about it!

Hey Kathy! I'll post a link to my new TR in just a minute! :goodvibes

Katie, I'm just making a quick stop to say hello, and I hope you and Jamie are having a wonderful time on your trip! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home.:lovestruc

Thanks girl! I just started my new TR, I'll post the link here shortly :goodvibes

Congrats on finishing the dissertation! Hope your trip is going well!

Thank you!! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear about Disneyland Paris! By now you are already at WDW though! Hope you have a great time.

Thank you!! TR link is coming..... :goodvibes

Totally looking forward to reading your new trip report, when you get a chance to start it!

Hi, Katie! How was your trip? Can't wait to read all about it, when you get a chance to write.

Yay, I'm glad, thanks! I believe you've already found it :thumbsup2 Our trip was amazing, thank you for being here throughout my planning!

Hope you are having a great time! Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the Uniqlo tip! Loving my new shirt!

OMG I love this!! We have matching shirts :goodvibes The Bambi one is my favourite one too, great choice :goodvibes

I'm so bummed that I just found this PTR! I finished your TR - at least what you have posted so far - so decided to pop over here. I hope you are having a very magical time in Disney! I love F&W.

Hey thank you! Better late than never I guess :laughing: I've just started my new TR, I'll post the link here in a minute :goodvibes

Hope you are havng a super magcal time! :D

Dawn! Again! :laughing: Thank you!

Welll.... here's hoping you pop in today....
If not, you'll see this when you do.
:bday: Katie!

THANK YOU!! :cool1:

giphy.gif

How was your trip?? We're waiting to hear!!

Hey girl, it was amazing thank you! I've just started my new TR so I'm about to post a link here :goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter