Aloha Shirt and Nice Jeans for Remy/Palo

I discovered Kahala brand Aloha shirts on a trip to Hawaii. Found they were very well made and there are lots of choices of colors/patterns. They do mail order. Sometimes you can find them in the gift shop at the Poly.
Thank you!!

I would think a "nice" aloha shirt would be perfectly acceptable at Palo. Honestly that is dressy in Hawaii. The only real requirement they still would enforce beyond a collared shirt for guys is that you need pants (nice jeans, khakis or slacks) and real shoes. You can't wear nice Bermuda shorts for example. I wore a golf shirt and khakis last time I ate at Palo and it felt fine. It's not really THAT fancy of a restaurant. Remy or Enchante would be different I think. More like French Laundry or Per Se where I would definitely be in a jacket.

We are going on the DVC cruise in September and have a reservation for Palo on the Wish. I was wondering if very nice Polo brand Shorts and Polo collared shirt is appropriate attire for Palo for me. Or, should it be 'long pants' (Polo,etc) instead?

DeerH

Dress to Impress.
Adult-exclusive restaurants aboard Disney Cruise Line ships are elegant dining experiences. Guests are requested to dress in a manner consistent with the restaurant’s sophistication. Formal or semi-formal attire is recommended. Dress casual attire with a polished look is permitted (such as dress pants, jeans in good condition, collared shirts and blouses and lifestyle shoes). Clothing such as T-shirts, swimwear and sports attire is not permitted.

I do not believe shorts are permitted.

DH and I are going to Remy for the first time this fall. We have been to Palo dinner brunch many times over the years.
I remember when you had to dress for dinner and on formal night dress up. Its a pain to pack extra clothes but on a week long cruise or longer it nice to dress up one night or two.

That being said, I told my husband to pack a suit for Remy. I recently read a bunch of review and most report that men wore dress shirt and ties, but most had on jackets. Now he is an attorney and has 20 suits, so its a no brainer for him.
We are also going to Palo dinner, so he will wear the suit pants with a dress shirt.

Palo brunch to me is your Aloha shirt and knakis. Palo dinner a little more polished. But, on a short cruise most times we do not want to pack too much.

But in the end, its what you are comfortable with and the clothing you have available, especially for men. Women a pretty maxi dress and sandals works for all of those meals.

:flower1:pirate::earsgirl::smickey:

We were on the Wish the first week of June 2023. Went to Luna to try to get Palo Brunch reservation. Already had Palo dinner reservation. Luckily, did manage to snag brunch and the CM helping me said he saw that I also had Palo dinner reservation. He specifically said dress pants for men, no jeans. To my surprise when we went to dinner at Palo's, a man had jeans on.

We're doing Remy brunch for the first time and I had no idea the dress code was the same as Palo now. I'm a firm believer that is it the overall style of the complete outfit that matters though so nice jeans don't bother me in the slightest. The point is to look polished and put together. Both these outfits meet the dress code. Does anyone really think the outfit on the right is less appropriate than the one on the left? 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• InCollage_20230728_113422763.jpg
    InCollage_20230728_113422763.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 5
It amazes me that people want a multi-star level dining experience, yet want to dress like they're going to McDonalds. 🙄
I have worn $95-100 Polo shorts and $75 Collared shirt and Nice docker "boat shoes" at Yachtsman and never been "scoffed at".... Was wondering if Palo is requiring more than Yachtsman. I also have worn the same outfit at Shula's... Not trying to dress like going to Walmart...:sad2:

You're on a Disney Cruise.... I have no problem with people wearing a nice pair of pants and a polo shirt, or a button down shirt and a nice pair of jeans.... I'd probably wear slacks personally, but at the end of the day you're on vacation. To me the idea of wearing a tuxedo or a suit on vacation hardly seems relaxing.

DH and I always go to Remy and Palo each year we cruise. Since they have relaxed the dress code, we enjoy it more. My husband hated wearing a suit jacket while enjoying a meal. He now wears a collared shirt and khakis and loafers (with socks). He looks very nice. As for me, I wear a dressy top, nice jewelry and nice black jeans with closed toe shoes. I think I look very nice, as well. I feel comfortable and enjoy my meal. If people prefer more formal clothing, then have at it. But for those of us who don't wish to pack such items and want to relax and be comfortable during an expensive meal while still looking neat and presentable, we shouldn't have to deal with people complaining about the 'lowering of standards.' Get over yourselves. It's a Disney cruise - not a glitzy ship like the Titanic was, for Pete's sake. I do agree there shouldn't be tank tops or shorts or torn jeans (regardless of fashion tastes) - but I feel that way about the MDRs, as well. If you're a hairy guy, I really don't want to glance your way and see your hairy armpits. (grin)

Try RSVLTS.com

They have a huge assortment of tropical and all different franchises. They have a Pixar Line, Star Wars, Disney 100, Marvel, Lilo and Stitch, etc. Great quality! Bought my husband a few. Their Kunuflex fabric is awesome.

https://www.rsvlts.com/search?q=hawaiian&options[prefix]=last

MJ
I bought the disney 100 shirt for my son and my husband for our dec park trip coming up. also have a moana one and a bloody Mary one. love these shirts and so does my husband.

not disney, but his absolute favorites are rhoback shirts. like it's a problem how many he buys. if that man could have one shirt only the rest of his life it's a rhoback polo. literally. I just asked him and the answer was immediate.

I also snagged the kakamora shirt for him for his bday from shop disney w the matching magic band and he loves that too.

Last edited:
Old dinner dress code (I think this was actually for the Wish when it first sailed)

Palo:
  • Men: Dress pants/slacks and collared shirt is recommended. Jeans may also be worn if in good condition (no holes).
  • Women: Dress, pants or skirt/blouse is recommended. Jeans may also be worn if in good condition (no holes).
Remy/Enchante:
  • Men: A jacket (such as a sports, suit or tuxedo jacket) is required, with dress pants/slacks and shoes. Ties are optional. Please no jeans, shorts, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
  • Women: Cocktail dress, evening dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse is required. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
New dress code (circa June 2022)

Adult-exclusive restaurants aboard Disney Cruise Line ships are elegant dining experiences. Guests are requested to dress in a manner consistent with the restaurant’s sophistication.​

Formal or semi-formal attire is recommended. Dress casual attire with a polished look is permitted (such as dress pants, jeans in good condition, collared shirts and blouses and lifestyle shoes). Clothing such as T-shirts, swimwear and sports attire is not permitted.​
Sad to see the relaxing of the dress code - especially for Remy.

DH and I are going to Remy for the first time this fall. We have been to Palo dinner brunch many times over the years.
I remember when you had to dress for dinner and on formal night dress up. Its a pain to pack extra clothes but on a week long cruise or longer it nice to dress up one night or two.

That being said, I told my husband to pack a suit for Remy. I recently read a bunch of review and most report that men wore dress shirt and ties, but most had on jackets. Now he is an attorney and has 20 suits, so its a no brainer for him.
We are also going to Palo dinner, so he will wear the suit pants with a dress shirt.

Palo brunch to me is your Aloha shirt and knakis. Palo dinner a little more polished. But, on a short cruise most times we do not want to pack too much.

But in the end, its what you are comfortable with and the clothing you have available, especially for men. Women a pretty maxi dress and sandals works for all of those meals.

:flower1:pirate::earsgirl::smickey:
My husband always wears a suit to Remy. Our son wore one as well on his first brunch and dinner at Remy.

I bought the disney 100 shirt for my son and my husband for our dec park trip coming up. also have a moana one and a bloody Mary one. love these shirts and so does my husband.

not disney, but his absolute favorites are rhoback shirts. like it's a problem how many he buys. if that man could have one shirt only the rest of his life it's a rhoback polo. literally. I just asked him and the answer was immediate.

I also snagged the kakamora shirt for him for his bday from shop disney w the matching magic band and he loves that too.

I just bought the Mine! Mine! Mine! RSVLT shirts for my husband and my 5 year old grandson for our upcoming Disney Cruise so they can match. He wore his Pixar Ball one during our Pixar cruise and got a ton of compliments. He also has a villians one, Little Mermaid and the Moana one with the large palm leaves. They are so comfortable in hot weather.

I will have try the polo you mentioned!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter